“Wonderful Bed & Breakfast...would highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shady Oaks Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northfield
Shady Oaks Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added Shady Oaks Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
241 W. Highland Road, Northfield, OH 44067   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Northfield B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful Bed & Breakfast...would highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Donna, the innkeeper, was a wonderful hostess. She saw to our every need and went beyound the call of duty. Our accommodations were peaceful and relaxing. I was there for a ski trip and Donna loaned me ski pants that I had mistakenly left at home. The breakfasts were everything one would expect and more...hearty quiches, tasty fresh fruit, fresh baked breads and muffins to go with steaming coffee or tea. I would highly recommend and plan to be back! Thanks, Donna!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Oue stay at Shady Oaks was wonderful, the inn was just a masterpiece, the casings and woodwork were amasing, the antiques and furnishing are so beautiful. The innkeepers are helpful, gave us great advice for dinner and really helped us finding trails and adventures in the park. On our arrival home we were welcomed with the smell of apple pie and fresh coffee , you don't get that at a hotel. We can't wait till spring to return and use the inns bikes and do the tow path trail. Breakfast was a feast, a huge quiche, home fries, fruit, muffins...a true country breakfast.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Strongsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Shady Oaks Farm BNB is one of the most beautiful Inns we have stayed at. I enjoyed the hearty country breakfast. My eyes were bigger than my stomach with all the wonderful taste combinations. Donna our host was a big help, offering advice on local attractions and trails in the National Park. I enjoy watching the horses graze in their pasture. I am happy to see the Inn uses their resources by cutting firewood for their 5 fireplaces! Go Green. With Green Mountain Coffee offered not only are they helping the enviroment but the people. I can not wait to visit again and bring my horse to ride the lovely trais

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
portland,oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Being next to Cuyahoga National Park is convenient. And the home/room and host were nice. One must put this in perspective to the price. There were a few important issues: (1) terrible breakfast with bad coffee, Smuckers jam, inedible muffins, margarine rather than butter, canned fruit, (2) camper and logging equipment parked on property, (3) though the room was nice the bathroom was minimal. That's why the poor rating as we expected more for the high cost.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
inngoerOhio, Owner at Shady Oaks Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Lynn and Patrick, I was very surprised by your review....the one you wrote in the guest book in your room was wonderful, you thought the Inn, breakfast and whole experience truly wonderful, you said you had a lovely time here.......I may see if I can copy and paste it for tripadvisor to see. My question to you is did you NOT understand you were coming to a working horse farm ? We say on our website we are a farm, with amimals, horse trailers and you will see farm equipment out daily....I am sorry if you did't understand what you would see once you were here.......We do show horses on the website ,and our name is Shady Oaks Farm..... As for the breakfast we serve..it is a large counrty breakfast, and we all love smuckers products ! I wish you would have told us you didn't care for Starbucks Coffee, we always have other brands and would have loved to make you another pot....all you had to do is ask. Also , if you didn't care for the baked goods out on your table, we would have gladly brought you a new assortment of breads and bagels and muffins, I am sure there would have been something there you would have liked.You were served strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and bananas..they do not come out of cans! and butter was on the table along with margerine, we use both because it is half and half what people like. It does bother me that you just sat there, with something you didn't want to eat, I would have made you anything you wanted !

Been to Shady Oaks Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!