“Basic but fair value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
Calgary, Canada
“Basic but fair value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall, this is a good hotel if you are looking for an affordable rate in North Olmsted. Not too far of a drive to downtown Cleveland. My room itself was fine but the hallway approaching it smelled like urine. The hotel is a little run down but has a lot of potential. Renos are ongoing and it could look great when they're all complete.

I was disappointed that I was not recognized as a Club Carlson Elite member. Maybe the computer system isn't updated to show this. I did see Club Carlson paraphernalia throughout the hotel. The pool was closed for repair and I feel that if this should be noted on the reservation. The fitness room did not contain the equipment as pictured on the website.

As long as you don't pay a lot of $$$ (over $80) than it's worth a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We always appreciate any feedback that our guests give us! I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you noted in your review regarding the pool/fitness center and not being recognized as an elite member. I have addressed this issue with our team to ensure that all Club Carlson members are recognized at check-in. Regarding the pool, a portion of our pool deck was just resurfaced and needed a couple of days to dry. We are happy to note that this project is complete as well as most of the renovations and hope you will give us another opportunity to host you and your family should your plans call for you to be back in the Cleveland area. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Overall, for the price I paid, I was satisfied with the Radisson Hotel - Cleveland Airport (CLE). I stayed here for one night on a business trip, getting an excellent deal on one of the discount travel websites. Here are the details from my stay:

The hotel is only a few exits away from the airport, and they run a shuttle if you don't want to rent a car. I got in late at night, and I'd say, from the airport with no checked bags, picking up a rental car, I was at the hotel in about 30 minutes from getting off the plane. If you need to go shopping for some reason, there is a Wal-Mart nearby, as well as a shopping mall.

The room was spacious and comfortable, about what you would expect at the star level. There were water bottles in my room, which is always a plus. The hotel seems like it's been doing piecemeal updates to the facility overall and rooms. Case in point, the bathroom had a new, beautiful granite counter top, but the wall paper was starting to peel in places. The showerhead and clock radio honestly had to be 15-20 yrs old. I think an entire makeover to some of your rooms is better than a partial makeover for all of your rooms.

Another quirk for this hotel were the "sleep number" beds in my room. I found the bed comfortable enough, but I don't use a sleep number bed at home. There is a little controller to increase the firmness of your mattress, and it was working when I slept there. I guess this is a plus for someone who uses a sleep number bed at home!

I didn't try the breakfast, but it looked overpriced for what you got. The usual hot buffet you might get elsewhere for free was around $11.00, and not sure if that includes juice / coffee.

Hopefully you get a good deal on this hotel, and if you do, I don't see any reason why you won't have a good stay here. It met my expectations for the price paid and really don't have any complaints.

Room Tip: For breakfast, try the Panera near the mall across the street. It's no more than a 3 minute driv...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport! We enjoy hearing from all of our guests as it allows to use your feedback to improve our product and service levels. I will be sharing your comments with our team here to ensure our future guests receive Yes I Can service! We are glad that you found our location convenient during your brief stay in the Cleveland area. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the airport area.
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I booked this room for a recent trip to visit a sick family member. It just so happened that Hurricane Sandy knocked out the power at my family's pace, so I needed another room stat. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate me and my family. They even came through in a medical emergency, and they landed us a wheelchair for free. My king standard room was very nice, incredible sleep number bed, and cute toiletries. Very clean, although housekeeping skipped some of the days, strangely enough. Room service was great- right on time, nice fresh food. Plus, they let my dog stay for free! View is not much to look at but there are plenty of restaurants nearby, as it is across the street from the Great Northern mall.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear you survived our visit from Hurricane Sandy while you were visiting your family here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport! Yes, the storm presented many challenges for all of us in the Cleveland area. However, it's in these times when all of us seem to pull together and help one another out. We were happy to learn we made your trip here a little more comfortable. We hope you and your family are alright and hope to see you if your plans call for you to be back in the area. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our entire team! Thanks again.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way to a long weekend in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania so it was just to sleep. The bed was really very comfortable. The staff was very service oriented and the hotel and our room were very clean.
I booked the "bed and breakfast" special online remembering the great breakfast buffet at another Radisson in Kalamazoo. However here it was barely better than the breakfast buffet we could get at a more economical hotel/motel.

• Stayed October 2012
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport! We enjoy hearing from all of our guests and using your feedback to help our team deliver Yes I Can service! I have shared your comments with the team here and we are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and comfortable bed. I have also let our restaurant team know your concern regarding the breakfast buffet and are looking at ways to improve the presentation and quality of our food. We hope to see you again soon!
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid-September, 2012. It was definitely a good experience. The front desk staff was helpful, the facility was clean and convenient to the airport and interstate, the pool was perfect.....we couldn't ask for more. We'll be staying there again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to utilize our pool and recreational amenities. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you to back to the Cleveland area!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a road trip to Chicago. It was very close to the highway which was very convenient. Check in was a breeze and within a few minutes we were in our room. The hotel was clean, quiet and well maintained. It was a little dated but has been well maintained. I did not check out the pool, spa or breakfast because we left quite early the next morning to continue the next day. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your brief time at our hotel. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you through the Cleveland area. Perhaps next time, you'll have some additional time to enjoy all of the amenities our hotel offers as well as some attractions in the local area. Thank you again!
Troy, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

One starts to see what sets poor, average and good hotels apart. To me the most important part of the stay is a good night's sleep. This hotel was average in that it was okay for the price, but a very noisy heating/cooling system that was situated directly next to the beds so when the fan was on it blew air directly on you where nicer hotels have a quieter system and the system is located to circulate air indirectly so as to not freeze you out. Also, there should have been a top sheet covering the duvet. They don't wash the duvets with each guest so usually hotels ur a top sheet so it's a clean sheet you touch. Also, the shower area was cramped and needs remodeling.

• Stayed September 2012
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your posting regarding your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We like to hear from all of our guests about their experience here. I apologize for the noisy status of the air conditioning unit in your room. Our maintenance team is in the process of checking all of the guestroom A/C units to ensure their quiet and efficient operation. I have also shared your comments with our housekeeping department about the sheets and duvets to see that each guest checking in has a refreshed and clean bedding package. We hope you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to the Cleveland area. Again, thank you for your valued feedback.

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!