“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
North Olmsted
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great food and friendly staff. Good location that is close to Great Northern mall. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices.

Visited June 2013

Nelsonville, Ohio
“Three Vegetarian Choices, Really??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place has had the same 2 veg. subs since they first opened here: the Grilled Vegetarian & the Grilled Artichoke. They also offer a Cheesebread which is pretty good. Both are good, I do love their bread, but it gets a little boring when you only have 3 options. I am NOT a big fan of their fries which are always soggy & not very flavorsome. The service is average with no real complaints.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elyria
“I love this more each time I go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've only been to Penn Station 3 times but each time I go i love it even more. I always get the Pizza Sub and fries. I think the fries are one of the best parts. I hate going to sub places that give just chips. Having fries makes it better. There is also a lot of seating which is better than most subways or mr. hero's. I really think the food is excellent and always served very hot cuz it's made to order.

Visited November 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Top notch subs - Wish we had one in Iowa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have to admit - I had low expectations when a coworker suggested this place after we landed in Cleveland. I figured it would be another humdrum sub shop like the national chains. Boy was I glad to be wrong! The food at Penn Station goes well beyond your typical cold sandwich place, both in variety and flavor. I left feeling full & satisfied but also wishing they'd put one of these up in Iowa.

I opted for the chicken parmesan sandwich, which was piled high with chunks of tender chicken breast, flavorful pizza sauce and several kinds of cheese, then grilled to gooey perfection. Alongside, they didn't just offer dull bags of chips, but fresh-cut fries that were the perfect level of crispiness on the outside and soft within. These were so good, just real potatoes fried in peanut oil, simple and tasty. To top it all off, they offer fresh-squeezed lemonade made from actual lemons daily. Tart and refreshing, it nicely balanced the sandwich and fries.

Looking back, I see myself using the word "fresh" over and over, and I think that makes a big difference in why this place is superior to other sub chains. Sandwiches grilled to order, fries that they chop and fry on the spot, and lemonade not from concentrate but real lemons. For the price and speed of this lunch, it's hard to imagine much that would be fresher or better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Olmsted, Ohio
“camels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

approiemtly a minute ago i went to this place, i enjoyed all of the hospitalities and the fine dining. i also remarked ;my face through a window. lasty when i went there i like all the people and waiters and the decaorations on the wall. you guys didnt have any camels there so that was a little upsetting. i encourage nothing more but for you to go get some camels.....they could be your waiters. love you ooxoxo

• Visited August 2012