“something different to try” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steak on a stone

Steak on a stone
30111 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, OH 44070-3923
440-777-0002
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 108 restaurants in North Olmsted
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Nankin, Ohio
“something different to try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ended up here by chance with a large group of friends, when another restaurant was too busy on Saturday night. From outside it looks like nothing special, tucked away in a small plaza. It is nice inside. Smells absolutely wonderful when you walk in, due to all that steak sizzling away. Most of our party had the filet, which everyone raved about. I had a prosciutto/parmesan baci pasta, which was very good. Tasted like just made fresh pasta, not dried. They have seafood, Italian, and Greek dishes, quite extensive menu. We had also ordered a shrimp cocktail, for $7.95. Four shrimp! I expected 6 I guess. $2.00 a shrimp is steep, but we are in Ohio, and rarely get good seafood. It was good, fresh enough. Salads were good. Wines and mixed drinks were pricey too. Hubby said the filet was worth the price, it was delicious. Not a bad choice if you don't mind paying a little more for good steak. I will say that after we left, I could not stop smelling the steak/seasoning/garlicky smell from the restaurant, and realized it permeated my clothing, and had to wash my coat! Other than that, it was good and I will go back again sometime. Oh, and our waitress Vicky was very attentive for our large party, and very funny and nice!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

It's not remarkable, but the food is good and the service staff is very friendly. I have noticed a bug or two (silverfish, I think) running across the table when seated in the corner.

Kalamazoo
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We found this place once completely by chance, and we never miss going here when we are in the Cleveland area. The service is always top notch. It starts with some very good bread and salad, then the fun starts. They bring out the food raw with a 750 degree stone, and you cook your own food to your liking on the stone. Just don't touch, pick up or lick the stone. That would be very bad. I had the shrimp with a side of scallops and very much enjoyed it. They also have a regular menu that can be ordered from if cooking on a stone scares people off. And they do have a full bar. The next time we go to Cleveland, we're going back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brook Park, Ohio
“Too fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We took my parents to "steak on a stone" for their first visit, and they loved it as much as we do! A definite must is the saganaki! The taste is superb. It is awesome to be able to cook your own steak to your desired wellness. They bring it out on a 700 degree lava stone, then by you slicing pieces, it is always cooked to perfection. Which also means every bite is hot! Not your run of the mill steak house!

• Visited February 2012