“No Hot Water....Lukewarm @ Best” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted

You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24851 Country Club Boulevard, North Olmsted, OH 44070 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
Nashville
“No Hot Water....Lukewarm @ Best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Hot water is a definite issues at this hotel and then when you report the issue the front desk does little to fix the problem. The other problem is with the laundry. First you have to pay for these services and secondly the washers do a very poor job of actually washing clothes. This could be due to not having hot water. Lastly, and more important to me than anything else, is the attitudes of the clerks. I got the "I really do not care" attitude from them which is certainly a problem in my book. If I were you reading this review I would NOT stay at Homestead Inn in North Olmsted, Ohio. Beleive me, you would be making a great mistake if you do.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

It's easy to get lost around Cleveland, as I know after looking for a hotel. Another hotel, with no rooms available, referred me to the Homestead. I arrived about 4:00 p.m. and was told that the lower-priced rooms were still being cleaned, but I could wait until one was done. I waited for an hour and, tired and hungry, told the very friendly desk clerk that I would take the higher-priced room instead of waiting longer. (It was only $10 more)

The Homestead is a classy place, intended for long-term stays, but they were happy to give me a room for just one night. The room was large, with complete kitchen and an extra couch/bed in addition to the king-size bed. Bathroom was also large, but the sink would not drain, so they gave me a different, similar room, which was fine in all details.

It's a nice motel, very clean and modern, probably the best one of the fifteen motels I stayed in on my extended trip.

• Liked — Clean and modern
  • Disliked — Waiting for room to be cleaned
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, May 4, 2009
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I stay here a several times a year for business. Its lie a second home, the people there are friendly and make you feel like family. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly. The amenities are exactly what I need while away from home.

• Liked — Clean and Friendly
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
Danville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

I stayed at this hotel when I was in North Olmsted for business and most other hotels were booked up due to a conference in the area. It's pretty obvious why this hotel was still available. Overall, the staff was ok and friendly but the hotel policies need a lot of work.

The lobby was small and there's only one person at the front desk during the hours of 7am - 10pm. The hallways in the hotel smell really awful and need a thorough carpet cleaning. The air in my room was either on or off...freezing cold or sweating hot. I didn't notice until I went to take a shower in the morning but there was no shampoo provided and only 1 bar of soap. I called the front desk to request shampoo but as it was 6am and I needed to leave for a client meeting by 7:15, there was nobody available. There was also no tissues in the room and only two very flat pillows. The bed was very hard and felt like it was purchased in the 1970's. There was a small kitchen with a fridge and a stove top but no soap or sponges to clean the dishes they provide. They don't clean your room unless you stay for longer than a week and even then, they only clean it once a week. There is no fitness center and no pool. They do offer wireless internet for $5 per stay. It seems like a good location and is close to the mall and to restaurants.

I would not recommend this hotel unless you are really desperate and need to save some money. For business travelers, definitely stay away!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of fundamentals like shampoo and tissues
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Fort Wayne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Our company has a satellite office in North Olmstead and I stay here somewhat frequently about 3 times a year. This past time I was here my room was clean and smelled ok. The TV barely functioned the coax cable was coming out of the back of the tv because it was too short and the bed was broken.

The previous two times I stayed there the room smelled of body odor and smoke. Not to mention to help they just seem to dump Febreeze on the ground to help it. The hallways are stained with animal pee as well. Always afraid to sleep when I stay there.

The location like everyone says is really nice the mall is just down the road and if you want to stay near your hotel. There are two restaurants on the same road the Wal-Mart as well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

Sink wasn't as clean as it should've been, but overall I was pretty happy with the experience. We checked in after regular front desk hours on Friday night, but a woman arrived at the desk promptly after we buzzed and helped us with directions to a local restaurant.

It's always nice to have a refridgerator and stove, which you'll generally always have at a Homestead.

Location is good--across the street from a Wal-Mart and good proximity if you're flying in or out of Cleveland, to the airport. Neighborhood is clean, safe.

My wife & I have stayed at other Homesteads, most recently in STL. Overall we've had positive experiences at Homesteads and seem to get them quite often on Priceline bids.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

The hotel needs to change the cleaning staff. The room was very dirty, and we tried not to touch anything. The coffee maker or toaster was impossible to use. This is also not my comment only. Another family was discussing abut the cleaning at the reception. Apperantly there is still some old bread in their toaster.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted? Share your experiences!