You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24851 Country Club Boulevard, North Olmsted, OH 44070 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
“Great Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We moved out of a home and while waiting for our new construction to be completed, we had three months of living to figure out. We got a discounted rate due to the long stay, making it $45/night - you can't beat that price. We chose this location over the one down the road because they offered king size beds, although the other location had an oven in the room as well as a swimming pool. The location is amazing - one corner from the interstate, walking distance to Walmart, Chilis, Macaroni Grill and Lone Star. The mall is across the street, with shopping, movie theatre, and more food options. The hotel backs onto the interstate and, while there are trees to hide the eyesore, it was quite noisy and we decided to keep the windows closed for our entire stay.

The room was clean and fairly modern - things weren't falling apart, and while the decor was "hotely", it was comfortable. Our room had a king size bed, a desk, two occasional chairs in a small seating area, a cooktop, microwave, fridge and a decent amount of cabinet space for food. They include cooking and eating utensils, china, cups, etc. We did end up buying a toaster oven since we knew we'd be there for so long, as well as an inexpensive frying pan, cutting board, and a couple of other things we felt we needed.

They cleaned the room once/week, including new linens, towels, and a wipe down of surfaces (did not clean the kitchen/dishes etc). There are laundry facilities on site which was great, allowing us to avoid a laundry mat. It did add up to pay for the laundry ($2.00 for a washer, $2.00 for a dryer x 3 loads/week). That being said, it was nice to have on site.

There is a breakfast to go in the lobby in the mornings (about 6am-10am), including coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, fruit, muffins and granola bars - nothing over the top, but on your way out to work it's nice to be able to grab something and go.

Our biggest praise is to the staff. We had some issues (which is to be expected with such a long stay). Our fridge had a leak and was replaced by maintenance that same day (they even transferred all of our food over, as we were out of town - a small thing, but meant a lot to us). Our biggest complaint was that we had spells of cigarette smoke smelling up our room - it even woke us up one night it was so strong. Being in a non-smoking area of the hotel, we complained more than once. The staff did their best to resolve it (moving rooms was not an option for us with all of the belongings we had with us). They asked the people around us about smoking, cleaned the carpets and A/C systems. While it didn't fix the issue, we appreciated their effort and the smell eventually went away (we assume whoever it was either stopped smoking inside or checked out).

If you're looking for an extended living arrangement, we would highly recommend the Extended Stay family, and this location specifically!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to make your stay so comfortable during your three months at our hotel. I can't express enough how pleased I am to hear that my staff corrected the issues you had in a timely fashion and really made your stay feel like you were in your "home away from home". I will be sure to share all of your comments with my entire staff.

I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The kitchen is useless for me but it looks great and like at home.
I made a reservation on priceline for this hotel. The price is less than $40 including everything.
Have a good weekend in Cleveland, OH.
Thanks, Priceline.

Room Tip: Great hotel I have been, thanks!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the great comments you posted about our hotel. It's great to hear that you liked all of the updates we made to the property, especially your room. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, whenever I am visiting my family in ohio. It use to be a Homestead inn (the same chain) The rooms are always clean and nice. I stayed in a two room suite this time and it was very nice and roomy. Two full bathrooms, Two beds and a pull out sofa, plus the usual kitchenette. I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a roo on the top floor or you will hear every little noise that guests in the room above are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we provided you with a clean fresh guest room. I'm glad you to hear that your experience in our two room suites was a pleasant one.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Extended Stay is a big step up from the former Studio Plus. The rooms are clean and the hotel staff is friendly. We stayed here at Xmas and now for my mother's birthday party on Sept. 14 at her home in North Olmsted. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, highways, shopping, etc. The price is the lowest along Country Club Blvd. It is not luxe but the value is good especially since we're not in the rooms that much, shower, sleep, shop, then run to a party! Be aware that since it is an Extended Stay, there is no maid service unless you're there for a longer period of time than a weekend. We prefer not to be bothered and you can get anything you need at the front desk including clean towels, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and now your second. It is very rewarding to know that our customer service, clean rooms, location and amenities keep you coming back time and time again. We hope you enjoyed your mom's 89th birthday!

Hughes Springs, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Been here for a month and plan to stay for several more months. At check-in the young lady working the front desk assigned me a room, when I went to that room there was a woman laying on the bed. Needless to say she was very upset. The young lady who checked me in was not at fault, I repeat, not at fault in any way, it was another woman sharing duties that day at the desk. This other woman did not log into the computer the room was no longer available.
I get a full cleaning once a week on Sunday's, I had a very restless nights sleep Sunday night and woke up late in the night to find the house keeper did not put a fitted sheet on my bed, although she did put a top sheet in it's place resulting in the sheet bunching up during the night. I awoke the next morning laying on the bare mattress. Later that morning I went to the desk to ask for a fitted she to be put on my bed. An hour or so later the woman at the desk brought me a fitted sheet without the offer to have it put on the bed.
At home I make my own bed but when I pay close to $1600.00 a month for a place to lay my head I feel I should not have to make my own. This is the second experience with this lady at the front desk and felt I had to say something. I am a guest at this Hotel and would like to be treated as such.

Room Tip: Try Extended Stay America hotel in Middleburg Heights Ohio first!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the first room you got was mixed up and already given to another guest.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to coach my entire team to make sure this does not happen again. I also want to apologize for the housekeeping service you received. Again I will coach my team to make sure this doesn't happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bring this to my attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at NOL@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay for the remainder of your stay.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel exceeded all my expectations.I have stayed at a bunch of hotels already and I must say that I highly recommend staying here if all you seek is a good night sleep, free wi-fi and a simple breakfast every day to help you get on your way. It is conveniently located right off the I-480 and across the road from a Walmart. I also recommend the Olive Garden which is located a short drive from the hotel. The hotel is pet friendly and charge about $25/ night I think. There is a shopping mall (Great Northern Shopping Center) nearby and the airport (Cleveland Hopkins International) is approx 15 mins away. Tips: Remember to ask for some shampoo when you check in as there are none in the rooms. Hair dryers are also available at the front desk. If you require fresh towels, please take your used ones to the front desk and they will be happy to provide you with clean ones. Finally house keeping is done on a weekly basis but for a nominal fee ($5-$10/ day) they will clean your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I am so glad that you had a good nights sleep in your room and that you enjoyed the free WiFi as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. Also, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location and all of the amenities we had to offer.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The kitchen area was a great surprise! The location was great. Walmart, and Target were close to the hotel. Also convenient to many restaurants and a mall. The staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen, great location. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guest really enjoyed their stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted? Share your experiences!