“Good Price - Kind of 'Bare-Bones'” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted

You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24851 Country Club Boulevard, North Olmsted, OH 44070 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Price - Kind of 'Bare-Bones'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

All-in-all it was a good stay. The staff was extremely friendly, pleasant and nice. The room was very basic. No desk or work station. There was an area on the end of the counter from the kitchenette (with 2 bar stools) to work off of - but I MUCH prefer a desk with a little more room. The bed was comfortable. Two different types of pillows were on the bed (nice!). AC/heat worked just fine. Room was quiet. Grab-N-Go breakfast was just that - granola bars, fruit, packaged muffin. I must say the coffee was very good & not your typical weak yuckie hotel coffee! Room was overall clean....but no attention paid to any details. No paper towels or dish soap in kitchenette (I've stayed in other extended-stay brands & always had both) - kitchenware was also a bit more limited than other places. As I said; all-in-all it was a good stay. I was there on business & didn't spend all that much time in the room - and the room rate was great! So, you decide what's more important to you! Good location for shopping (mall across the street) and many restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear TravelScout56. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do want to apologize that you where not told during check in that we keep dish soap down at the desk but we do not provide paper towels. I also want to let you know in the future some of our rooms do have a desk in the room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Olmsted, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

As a single female that needed last minute accommodations for myself and my dog, I would highly recommend the Homestead. The staff was not only friendly, but they gave my dog treats when ever we walked past the desk. The room and bathroom could have been cleaner, but I have higher standards than the average person. Otherwise, it was quiet, comfortable and everyone from the front desk (Janet, Debbie, Ashley and Carla) to Jerry the Maintenance Technician, and Brittany and Michelle in housekeeping were very hospitable and gracious. Should I ever need last minute housing, I will not hesitate going back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Molly H,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we made your stay a "Home away from Home" here at Extended Stay America. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

i think one star represents being clean. this was not! smelled like pee. seriously! curtains didn't close tight on the first floor. old toilet seat looked like a "yellow ring" on the inside. mystery stain on side of bedside table. blue tinge to grout around sink. black grout around shower. got a rash on my neck despite "clean looking" sheets. luckily, just a one night stay. they did offer me a free night to make up for my experience. would you stay there for free? (to be fair, the desk staff could not have been nicer.)

Room Tip: choose any other hotel. just run....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear clevelandlaura,
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The room condition you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am going to go over your comments with the team to ensure that these types of issues does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nol@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

North Olmsted, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is an extended stay hotel so you have to know to ask for shampoo and a hair dryer. Thats why the three rating. Otherwise very clean and home like. Quiet. They could use a mattress pad that is fitted so it doesn't wrinkle under. Very friendly staff. Close to good eateries and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Dave C ,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable room at a great price. Yes we do offer shampoo and other amenities at the front desk on request. Doing so allows us to keep room rates very affordable. I will address the fitted mattress pad with housekeeping. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

i was very happy with our room when looking for a hotel in ohio i read reviews on this hotel and was not sure, but im so glad i didnt listen to all the bad comments because we were very happy with our room ,the staff were very friendly, our room was very clean everything we needed was there,flat screen tv just like home. we asked if we could get extra pillows and we had them within minutes it was great. we will stay there everytime we are in ohio. thank you for making our stay in ohio great.

Room Tip: our room was on the first floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Patricia - Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. I was glad to read that the hotel staff provided you with great service during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable room at a great price. I am happy that we did just that for you. Plus, we love to hear that our flat screen tv's are not going unused - we think they were a great addition for our guests to enjoy, and are so glad to hear you think so too!

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our brand locations. Please visit us again next time you are in the area. Thank you.
north olmsted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The extended stay hotel is affordable and they clean your room (inc. new sheets, soap, towels, toilet paper, etc.) once a week without additional charge. It is a nice place to stay for a reasonably economical price (40$/night). They have even upgraded TV sets to flat screen with hdmi and vga inputs so that computers can be connected to display on the larger screen. The cable TV channels are also nice. The local area is safe and a Walmart is immediately across the road from the hotel as well as shopping mall a few blocks away that makes the area convenient for ease of access for any necessities during your stay. The hotel most likely offers the lowest price in the area and therefore there is very little to complain about in terms of price even though there has been less flexibility in terms of pricing for very long term stays (>2 months) that were offered in previous years. However, given the economical downturn (esp. in OH), the more stricter pricing is probably very acceptable. Also, the employees, Debbie and Janet, are very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less or almost no visible indoor insects.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing each of our guests with a clean, comfortable room at an exceptional rate. We take great satisfaction in knowing that we did just that for you and your family.

The next time you are in the area, please give us the pleasure of having you as our guest. Thanks again.
Berkley, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Tried to stay here for 3 nights. Walked in to an empty front Lobby, had to call a number for someone to show up and check us in.

Could not find remote for TV, was told its right on TV and our host stomped into room to look for the missing remote then more or less accused us of stealing it. OK.

Wireless was not working in the hotel, we were told Nassau must we using up all the wireless!

Wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone ever!

Room Tip: stay away, the rooms had a bad smell
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read your comments, but grateful for the opportunity to respond to them.

The staff and I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction. From the cleanliness of the room to the professionalism of those who work at the property, we understand that our customers needs come first. Please accept my apology that we were unable to help you find the remote or speed up your wireless internet access. We try to ensure a speedy online connection; however, when a large number of people use it at once, it can sometimes slow down. I have spoken to the staff about this and your other issues; we will work to improve our processes.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope you give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted? Share your experiences!