“A budget hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot Inn

Save Saved
You added Camelot Inn to your Saves list
Camelot Inn
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   22989 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, OH 44070 (Formerly Econo Lodge Airport West)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
Fresno, California
“A budget hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

We specifically picked this hotel because it was advertised on the website that there was a hotel shuttle to and from the Cleveland airport. NOT the case. One of our friends was flying into Cleveland airport, and it would have been nice to know ahead of time that there was not a shuttle. Three of us were driving, so we were able to pick up our friend from the airport. When we tried calling the front desk about this, no one answered for a long time. After we tried calling again, their explanation was that the website was wrong. I've since checked the website and I think after multiple complaints, the mis-advertisement has been fixed. The hotel did not appear to be 1-2 miles away. After we picked up our friend at the airport, it was more like 4-5 miles away. This is definitely a budget hotel. Beds were okay, not the most comfortable, shower appeared dirty (my friends were scared to use it), but the bedsheets appeared clean. Shampoo comes in packets, not bottles. There is a refrigerator and 2 sinks, one small one in the small bathroom and one bigger one outside of the bathroom. There is cable TV, so that was helpful. Our clock radio didn't work, but since we weren't in a rush to get anywhere, it wasn't that important to us. Doors open directly to the outside, so you can definitely hear families getting up in the morning and loading up their kids in the car or late night stragglers. The hotel's location appeared to be okay. Across the parking lot is a Mexican restaurant that closes at 10-11pm. We had a car, so if you drive further up the street, there are more restaurants. We had breakfast at Cafe Stratos, which is open 24 hours, and breakfast was good. Skip the hotel's continental breakfast. We stayed here because we were going to Cedar Point amusement park and had to pick up our friend from the Cleveland airport. Overall, this hotel is good for spending the night before your next destination.

• Liked — Budget hotel, you pay for what you get
  • Disliked — Doors open to outside, so it's noisy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
marco island, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

I admit it. I read the reviews but figured people were just too picky.
Not this time. Everything they said was true and more. The website write up is simply a lie. If they have any rooms that were remodeled after 1970, I sure didn't see one. And I looked at four before I found
one that was acceptable. Even then, I had them swap the TV from another room so I could have one that looked like it was made after 1980.

Dirty doesn't begin to describe this place. Run down and filthy is more accurate. Places in the room and bedroom were so digustingly encrusted with filth I couldn't even look. I pulled out a couch to look for a plug and there was food and crud piled behind it. There was dirt and stuff from previous occupants in the drawers. The high speed internet only works in certain rooms. There was no HBO. They said they called the provider on Thursday, but when I left on Saturday there was still no HBO.

The floors were filthy--this is the ONLY hotel I ever kept my socks and shoes on the whole time. The desk chair was broken and wouldn't roll and one arm was unconnected. The "breakfast" consists of white bread for toast, a box of donuts, some apples, corn flakes or rice krispies amd a 4-5 oz (portion controlled) cup of regular coffee--no decaf. Their "juice" machine offered three choices--water, lemonade and fruit punch (my favorite "juice". If my wife had been with me I would not have stayed even one night. She would have slept in the car.

Oh yes, the bed had only flat sheets, not fitted, so when you moved around they simply pulled out and left you sleeping on the bare mattress. I don't even want to think about that. The tub and shower were painted over with a brush and were covered with black crud. And be aware--this was the room I chose after looking at four rooms. This was THE BEST they had to offer.

Other reviews said the people were nice. Yes, they were. But then, they didn't have to stay there overnight! This is as bad as it gets folks. Oh, and by the way. It's not anywhere close the airport--it's a couple of suburbs away.There is no shuttle. And the places of interest they list for things to do are all 15-20 miles away in downtown Cleveland.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything from check-in to check-out
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

My husband and I booked this room because it was the cheapest one on the travel site. When we arrived we were greeted by a dilapidated parking lot and a man in the office who barely spoke english. The first room we were given was awful! The TV was circa 1970, and the bathroom was unbelievably filthy. I've never seen a hotel bathroom as gross as this one (and believe me I've stayed in hundreds of hotels). The tub had dirt, mud, and some sticky red substance that I couldn't quite identify in it. We immediately changed rooms and the second one was no better. This room smelled like urine...no joke. Too many other things wrong with this place to mention. Please do yourself a favor and pay ten dollars more for the Red Roof Inn or Super 8.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Perrysburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

The motel lobby smelled bad and it went downhill from there. The room smelled of mildew, wallpaper was peeling off in many locations, just plain run down and dirty! The metal door was dented and dirty at the bottom and the security chain lock was missing. The air conditioner was very noisy. The shuttle service was efficient, but that isn't enough to get me to stay at this DUMP ever again!

• Stayed July 2006
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

The room was incredibly dirty. The tub was cracked and the entire bathroom was filthy and moldy. The blankets had large stains. We couldn't stay. Packed up the family and went elsewhere. After 10 hours of driving it was a very inconvenient experience.

• Stayed May 2006
Lake Peekskill, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

My husband stayed here for a couple of days last July. This is not the cleanest place we've ever stayed, but it was dealable.

The first room we got had a broken air conditioner, and it was the middle of a hot July. We had to move to a room on the second floor, as there were no ground floor rooms available. But when I got to the second room, the air conditioner there didn't work either. Suddenly a ground floor room opened.

The place is in need of a facelift, and the cleaning staff can do with some additional training, but I would not say that conditions were horrendous. The staff was quite accommodating, although speaking to them was daunting, as there was a foul odor in the lobby.

The best thing about this place is the Mexican restaurant next door. The prices were reasonable, the food excellent (except the "fried" ice cream), and the margaritas were kicking! It also had the most beautiful atmosphere of any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. We went back our second night there!

I wouldn't recommend this place for a long-term stay, but for an over nighter or a couple of days, it's adequate. And if you're on a tight budget, you can't beat the price! Super cheap!

• Stayed July 2005
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

This place is a dump. Moldy, unclean bathroom, the room smelled awful when we entered. The bed was hard as a rock. Not near the airport. I won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Camelot Inn? Share your experiences!