“Great staff goes a long way for a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25801 Country Club Blvd., North Olmsted, OH 44070-5302 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
Houston, Texas
“Great staff goes a long way for a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros: Great staff. Incredibly friendly & helpful Names I also remember: General Mgr, Amanda. April & Alexis. Everyone was fantastic.
Quiet location, quiet room. Very clean room & bathroom. Good internet connection.
Good Grab-n-Go breakfast choices.

Cons: Had to switch rooms during the middle of the night because of stink bugs crawling up the walls. The weather was changing so the bugs were there. Not harmful but the idea of a stink bug falling on my head while I'm in bed was not appealing to me. Chris, the Night Mgr. immediately gave me another room and even offered to move my things, no argument.
Maybe get a few more channels on the t.v. A classic movie channel like AMC or TCM would be nice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the room; however, I am so sorry to read about the issue you had with pests. I am pleased that my staff was able to relocate you, but I will still be reaching out to our pest control company so that we can prevent this from happening again. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lucas, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay prior to flying out of Cleveland Hopkins. It is just minutes from the airport and a very easy trip. The property and the decor are a little dated, but overall very clean. The clerk who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. Not a lot of amenities - for instance, I heard the people checking in before us request a wake-up call and they were informed that those weren't offered because there is no one at the desk from midnight to 8 a.m. I did see they offered a free breakfast but we checked out before 6 a.m. so didn't get to see what they offered. The location is great - directly across from the Great Northern Mall and lots of restaurants close by, many withing walking distance. Overall, a nice property for the price.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Usakos, Namibia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I made a trip for an Indians game weekend a few years ago and won this hotel on Priceline. It was still a Studio Plus at that time and overall I was pleased with my stay. When I decided to come to Cleveland for the ArenaBowl I did some research and figured out I was likely to win this hotel again through Priceline. I read some recent reviews that were not so good but figured hey my standards are lower than most so I'll go for it again. Well it has gotten worse. There was lots of noise on the third floor. The third floor was also the smoking floor. Yeah it smelled like smoke, which as a non-smoker I could live with it. But it seemed like lots of people were smoking on the floor overnight causing it smell worse later in the evening. You can ask for dishes/extra blankets for the fold out, but I checked in quickly in the afternoon and raced to the game. When I came back the front desk wasn't staffed. I arrived back late that night to a group knocking on every door they could find to get in and try to check in late as all the doors were locked.

Asking for dishes isn't that bad, but other studio hotels I've stayed in have had all that. Plus extra sheets and pillows on hand.

Wifi worked well. I didn't try the grab-n-go breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to request extra dishes and blankets due to my staff being unavailable. In response to your feedback, I am speaking to the staff to make sure that they remain available after hours. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Don't know what these other guests are talking about. My room was very clean, service was excellent. Pool was ok. Check in and check out efficient. You can get dishes and other supplies for the kitchen for free if you ask for them. The staff explain that at check-in. It is much better than the other Extended Stay down the street and it is an improvement from when it was Studio Plus. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Jen - Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We are proud of our staff for providing you with excellent service.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were in the process of moving out of state. My wife and son checked in, and immediately she told me there were ants. Never offered a new room. I showed up later, saw the ants, decided to stay for the night and I slept on the pull-out sofabed. What an absolute awful excuse for a bed. These sofabeds are meant for small children, or maybe a small adult...someone who won't mind having springs and such dig into your back. I slept very little as we could hear the CLICK CLACK of heels or something above us on the hardwood floor. We also heard many of the doors slamming. Maint. doors, laundry or other doors. How annoying.

In the morning I told the office staff we were checking out, not staying a second night, and I wanted a refund for the 2nd night. When asked if everything was ok, I said no. There are ants in our room. I told her my wife informed the night clerk about the ants. My wife was NEVER offered a new room and all the night clerk did was try to locate some ant spray. WHAT???? MOVE US TO ANOTHER ROOM! Or if no room is available, TELL US! I told her about the CLICK CLACK of heels on the hardwood floor above us, and the slamming of doors. This front office girl just looked at me, and got up and went somewhere I don't know where. My wife joined me then I went out to load the car. My wife came out and said we were comp'd for the both nights. (I had to pre-pay for the 2 nights we were staying there). BUT SHE WAS NEVER OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM! Obviously this staff did not want to keep us. The only positive outcome was comp'd for both nights.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed in worse hotels, but not many. A total disappointment for an Extended Stay. Even the front desk clerk said, since the hotel was bought buy a corporation, it has gone downhill. As a hotel professional myself, I totally agree. First, there are two Extended Stays on the same street. We, as many customers do, went to the wrong one. The clerk said that it happens all the time. We had to re-pack the car and drive down the street. The lobby is barren, spartan and cold. More like a large closet. The entire hotel is filthy. The bathroom was filthy, drain rusted over, hair in the bathtub. The fold out couch mattress was threadbare and unusable as you could feel the springs digging into your back. The working kitchen, the main selling point of hotels like these, was empty. No silverware, no plates, no cups, saucers or pans. The queen mattress had stains all over it. The entire room was old, dirty, musty and in need of serious upgrades, something hotel owners simply do not understand. they by these hotels, run them into the ground and then sell them to someone else. After the second day, and after complaining to the front desk, we were informed that they do not have housekeeping services at this hotel???
Do not walk, RUN as far away from this travesty of customer service as you can.

Room Tip: Burn this hotel down and start over
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grandville, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here for 13 days during a recent stay in the Cleveland area. When considering price and facilities, I was very pleased. Sure, it's no 4-star hotel, and I can't expect that, but I can expect and hope for cleanliness in the room and the rest of the hotel. I also can expect staff who are interested in serving people. All these things happened, and I am very pleased that I stayed there; I was treated right. (P.S. If any staff reads this, get better pillows -- the one thing I didn't like.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our cleanliness and our staff; however, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your pillow. We will be inspecting our pillows to ensure they are meeting our standard of comfort.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall? Share your experiences!