“EASY ACCESS AND WARM STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Champaign, Illinois
“EASY ACCESS AND WARM STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited this property while attending the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival. The staff made us feel very welcome and our room was extremely comfortable. We were traveling with our balloon and found plenty of room in the parking lot for our equipment as well as all the other balloonists who were staying at this hotel.

The room was clean. The hallways and lobby was clean and well cared for.

Room Tip: our room overlooked highway 77, but we did not find it to be a problem.
Green Features: The lobby bar was warm. We are limited to club soda and the waitress was very attentive in keeping our glasses full.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear MaxCMitchell,

First of all, thank you for participating in our community event. This is the time of year that Canton gets to host some of the finest balloonists in the country and we're honored to have you here. Secondly, thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and our staff. I think we all get a little giddy with this event and it is truly our pleasure to be the host hotel. Your comments and business are very much appreciated. Please accept our most sincere thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel was very conveniently located near numerous restaurants and shops as well as The Football Hall of Fame. All of the staff we encountered was extremely helpful and friendly. However, our room was just ok. Nothing special about the decor and the second bed seemed to have a broken (or breaking) frame since it made a loud creaking sound when you sat on it. Also, the night table lights weren't working. We reported these issues upon checkout but they weren't really a problem for us because we didn't need the second bed and there were plenty other lights in the room. There are refrigerators in the rooms but only a communal microwave near the lobby. That needs to change. All in all, not a bad stay, just average for a Courtyard by Marriott hotel.

Stayed July 2014
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear MDGodschild,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I appreciate your kind comments about the staff and location and appreciate your brining to my attention a broken bed frame. Be assured that I'll follow-up to make sure it is taken care of.

Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it very much.
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The kids and I were have a great one night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott until housekeeping knocked on ALL the guest room doors at 8:00 in the morning! My kids (ages 7 and 9) were asleep after staying up late to go into the pool, which is open until 11:00. I can understand the desire for housekeeping to get their day started early, especially in a hotel that has 6 floors, but must they be so RUDE as to knock on ALL the doors of the floor BEFORE 9am?? This is the first hotel I've encountered where the housekeeping staff has had the nerve to wake people up this early to see whether or not they can clean their room. (But then, there is also the lack of consideration for those trying to sleep while the vacuum cleaner is running in the room right next door to them at this hour. )

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear cull family,

First of all, let me apologize for housekeeping knocking on your door at 8 a.m. I just had the same experience at a hotel in Indiana and I understand how disturbing it is to be awakened from a sound sleep. In our eagerness to serve, we sometimes forget the simple things. As guests come and go, we earnestly try to be respectful of all of our guests and it appears that this time we were a bit too eager. I'm sorry you were disrupted in the morning but am glad to know that your family enjoyed the hotel and our facilities. I'll pass along your comments to our housekeeping department so that we can be more courteous in the future. Thank you for your comments and for your business. It is very much appreciated.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have been coming to Canton to golf and lodge for over 30 years. This is the 10th year we have stayed with The Courtyard. This has been one of if not our best stay with Megan English arranging all of our room and golf accommodations for four days. As usual, the breakfasts were
excellent, complimentary drink tickets a comfort after a long day and the employees and staff were always courteous and professional. Our hospitality room has always been a great gathering place for card playing or socializing. We plan on returning next year with at least 20 golfers if not a few more. Thank you. Kevin J.

Room Tip: I have always had a good night's sleep in all the rooms I've stayed in. ( I think having a r...
Green Features: I like the non smoking policy in the hotel. We smokers in our group and we always book them close to an exit for their convenience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Kevin J,

Thank you! Your comments are very kind and your business is very much appreciated. We're honored that you've chosen our hotel to accommodate your golf outing, especially for 10 years! That means a lot to all of us and reinforces what we do every day, and that is to provide the service, accommodations and people to help make your visit memorable. We look forward to seeing you again next year and appreciate your taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much!
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I book a golf package with 28 golfers through the sales department of the Courtyard and it goes off without a hitch every year, and this year was no exception. I book the two rounds and two nights package and once I choose the courses, Megan in sales calls the courses to set up tee times,makes sure I have a hospitality room for the weekend, and blocks off a group of rooms. This year, she even visited the course we were playing on Friday and bought the group a round of drinks. It is these extra steps that will keep me coming back. If you have a golf group coming to the Canton area, I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Carl N,

First and foremost, thank you for your business and thank you for relating your experience with us. I think Megan went to the course to make sure you guys weren't padding your scorecard! All kidding aside, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year. I'll let Megan know that you appreciated her presence and presents! Thanks again!
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard while visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
It was interesting finding the hotel. After exiting the Interstate, we immediately had to turn down "an alley". I really wasn't sure we were going the right way but we suddenly ran into the hotel. There is an entrance from the other direction which was easier but not easily accessible from the Interstate.
The hotel had a nice bar area and a restaurant area. It was noisy when we arrived at night. There appeared to be a wedding party staying there. The lady at the desk greeting us nicely and checked us in promptly. There was one elevator that a bunch of people were trying to use. We thought it was the only elevator in the place. We found out later there was another one as the end of the hall. It was not easily detectable as I stumbled on it looking for the ice machine.
The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We were pleased with the room.
There was one aspect that we thought was weird. At about 9:00, the maids were knocking on doors asking people if they needed their room cleaned. I think this caught people off-guard. It certainly did us. We were leaving that morning and was planning to check out around 10:30 a.m. It was about 10:00 and my wife had just gotten out of the shower. Suddenly the door opened and the maid stepped in and my wife was standing there in her birthday suit. The maid said "why didn't you have the do-not-disturb sign on the door." I thought "why don't you let us get checked out before cleaning the room." I have never had this happen before and found it strange.
This Courtyard does not have continental breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater. They advertise the there is a made-to-order breakfast for "only" $10.99. We did not do the breakfast.
The hotel was slightly above average but because of our maid encounter, I'm going to lower the score a bit.

Room Tip: Watch out for the cleaning service in the mornings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amos C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. I'm sorry for the housekeeper knocking on your door and will follow-up with housekeeping to take corrective steps. I hope you enjoyed the Hall of Fame and hope you'll come back and see us again. Thank you for your review and your business.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Housekeeping staff were very helpful. The indoor pool area was a bit dangerous. We were slipping on the floor even when wearing shoes. Definitely order delivery from Pizza Oven, they deliver to your room! There are two elevators but the other one is way down at the end of the hall.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to our hotel and area. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and appreciate your business very much. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed our pool and amenities and even indulged in The Pizza Oven Restaurant, one of the mainstays of Canton. Thank you again for your kind comments and business. Please come see us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Canton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton
Staybridge Suites Canton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
SpringHill Suites By Marriott Canton

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!