“Great Time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have been coming to Canton to golf and lodge for over 30 years. This is the 10th year we have stayed with The Courtyard. This has been one of if not our best stay with Megan English arranging all of our room and golf accommodations for four days. As usual, the breakfasts were
excellent, complimentary drink tickets a comfort after a long day and the employees and staff were always courteous and professional. Our hospitality room has always been a great gathering place for card playing or socializing. We plan on returning next year with at least 20 golfers if not a few more. Thank you. Kevin J.

Room Tip: I have always had a good night's sleep in all the rooms I've stayed in. ( I think having a r...
Green Features: I like the non smoking policy in the hotel. We smokers in our group and we always book them close to an exit for their convenience.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Kevin J,

Thank you! Your comments are very kind and your business is very much appreciated. We're honored that you've chosen our hotel to accommodate your golf outing, especially for 10 years! That means a lot to all of us and reinforces what we do every day, and that is to provide the service, accommodations and people to help make your visit memorable. We look forward to seeing you again next year and appreciate your taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I book a golf package with 28 golfers through the sales department of the Courtyard and it goes off without a hitch every year, and this year was no exception. I book the two rounds and two nights package and once I choose the courses, Megan in sales calls the courses to set up tee times,makes sure I have a hospitality room for the weekend, and blocks off a group of rooms. This year, she even visited the course we were playing on Friday and bought the group a round of drinks. It is these extra steps that will keep me coming back. If you have a golf group coming to the Canton area, I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Carl N,

First and foremost, thank you for your business and thank you for relating your experience with us. I think Megan went to the course to make sure you guys weren't padding your scorecard! All kidding aside, I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again next year. I'll let Megan know that you appreciated her presence and presents! Thanks again!
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard while visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
It was interesting finding the hotel. After exiting the Interstate, we immediately had to turn down "an alley". I really wasn't sure we were going the right way but we suddenly ran into the hotel. There is an entrance from the other direction which was easier but not easily accessible from the Interstate.
The hotel had a nice bar area and a restaurant area. It was noisy when we arrived at night. There appeared to be a wedding party staying there. The lady at the desk greeting us nicely and checked us in promptly. There was one elevator that a bunch of people were trying to use. We thought it was the only elevator in the place. We found out later there was another one as the end of the hall. It was not easily detectable as I stumbled on it looking for the ice machine.
The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We were pleased with the room.
There was one aspect that we thought was weird. At about 9:00, the maids were knocking on doors asking people if they needed their room cleaned. I think this caught people off-guard. It certainly did us. We were leaving that morning and was planning to check out around 10:30 a.m. It was about 10:00 and my wife had just gotten out of the shower. Suddenly the door opened and the maid stepped in and my wife was standing there in her birthday suit. The maid said "why didn't you have the do-not-disturb sign on the door." I thought "why don't you let us get checked out before cleaning the room." I have never had this happen before and found it strange.
This Courtyard does not have continental breakfast. I am not a big breakfast eater. They advertise the there is a made-to-order breakfast for "only" $10.99. We did not do the breakfast.
The hotel was slightly above average but because of our maid encounter, I'm going to lower the score a bit.

Room Tip: Watch out for the cleaning service in the mornings.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amos C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. I'm sorry for the housekeeper knocking on your door and will follow-up with housekeeping to take corrective steps. I hope you enjoyed the Hall of Fame and hope you'll come back and see us again. Thank you for your review and your business.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Housekeeping staff were very helpful. The indoor pool area was a bit dangerous. We were slipping on the floor even when wearing shoes. Definitely order delivery from Pizza Oven, they deliver to your room! There are two elevators but the other one is way down at the end of the hall.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Barbara M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to our hotel and area. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and appreciate your business very much. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed our pool and amenities and even indulged in The Pizza Oven Restaurant, one of the mainstays of Canton. Thank you again for your kind comments and business. Please come see us again!
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

From the moment we walked into the hotel we felt comfortable. The front desk staff were great with check-in (10PM). They had everything ready for our Hall of Fame visit and gave us the tickets as well as written directions and our breakfast voucher. The morning staff at breakfast got us going in a timely manner even though the area was very busy. They even took the time to confirm that we had directions to the HOF and suggested another museum in case we had time.

The room was large and very clean and the housekeeper in the hall mad sure she said "good morning" while she was doing her work. The little things count and this Courtyard does them.

Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear irby1234,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel and thank you so much for acknowledging our associates and their helpfulness. It is always nice to share warm comments such as yours and we appreciate your business very much. I hope you enjoyed the Football HOF and hope you'll return to visit our area again. Thank you again for your nice comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff was courteous and helpful; the rooms clean and comfortable; the fitness center was well equipped and functional. I didn't try the restaurant but will on the next trip to Canton. My only "demerit" to the hotel was the elevator. There's only one and for a hotel this size a second elevator would be a great help.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Ed L,

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement of our staff. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize some of our amenities. Please do join us for a beverage and bite to eat on your next visit. I'll know you'll be please with our offerings.
And for your convenience, we do have two elevators, one at each end of the building, but don't feel bad, others have made the same comment. I'm sure you'll see it on your next visit. Thank you again for your comments and for your business. It is very much appreciated.
Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip last year and found the place quite comfortable. They were also quite flexible about extending our stay at a very short notice. Overall a good comfortable place to stay on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jeffhach, General Manager at Courtyard Canton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Conservewater,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us and your kind words. We appreciate your business and hope you'll stay with us again when your travels return you to Canton. I'm glad you were comfortable and that our flexibility was accommodating for you. Thank you again. We appreciate it very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Canton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton
Staybridge Suites Canton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
SpringHill Suites By Marriott Canton

Been to Courtyard Canton? Share your experiences!