“Dissatisfied stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in North Canton
Ann Arbor, United States
“Dissatisfied stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Front desk staff didn't appear to know what they were doing. Continental breakfast was subpar, frozen fruit, hard biscuits, ran out of food items. Walls are paper thin. Could hear people running upstairs, in the hallways, and outside the window all hours of the day and night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Canton, OH, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel is very good . period. Only thing missing was kitchen. It was clean and everything working properly. Was on the 3rd floor suite room. Has stripe and Mc Donalds nearby. Was in business trip and satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My second time staying here and loved it. Breakfast was very good. Room was very clean. Indoor pool. Close to everything you could need overnight. Plenty of restaurants to chose from. Stores within walking distance. Even though right off the interstate, you could not tell from the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

was a little hesitant of best western because of other stays at this chain. Other reviews were good so I booked it. Best decision ever. reasonable rate. Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. Great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room was fine, nice in fact - Compliments to housekeeping and Mia, the front desk clerk.
Very kind... BUT

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime.
NEVER have I been grilled and talked to so condescendingly
by their night manager simply for walking to my
room with my suitcase and purse in hand.

I did NOT appreciate this manager standing in the hallway as I was walking toward
the room I had just rented five minutes earlier and
barking at me, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"
Like I was not supposed to be in the hotel, with a tone
of voice like I was a child and/or a common criminal.

I replied, "My room" and continued on, highly offended.

He acted bored with his hands in his pockets and like he was pissed off at the world.
Had NO smile for anyone, nor did he even attempt to pose his question to me in a kind manner.
He barked it at me like I was some dog.
I did not appreciate him questioning me at all - Is this some policy by BW now?
I used to actually work for BW as a desk clerk in the 90s. We NEVER grilled anyone.

I am an educated woman and a successful career woman now, not some bum.
I have NO idea why he would have chosen me to do this to.

I've NEVER had ANYONE in ANY hotel question me as to why I was there.
Absurd and unprofessional!

I WILL be calling corporate headquarters regarding the
actions of this man.

When telling the front desk clerk the next day during checkout,
she just shook her head in agreement with raised eyebrow but said nothing about it.
Just said, have a nice day. Really?
The day manager said she'd check the cameras, like she didn't believe me and said
a simple, "I'm sorry and will talk with him."
That's not good enough for me.

I've stayed there quite a few times when in town, during my travels because it IS a nice hotel but. NEVER again.
I'm shocked and disappointed because I DO like this hotel.

Unfortunately, they just lost a few hundred more dollars per month as a result of their
treatment and the lack of compassion toward this customer.
I'll choose Marriott or Ramada next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Before arriving, I called the Best Western Plus North Canton Inn & Suites. Whitney answered the telephone, and I requested that she save me a copy of the USA Today newspaper. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed that this was a nice building and the inside was beautiful. Jason checked me in quickly, and gave me the newspaper that Whitney promised to save for me. It is pleasant when people actually follow through in doing what they say they will do. Jason also received a fax for me at no charge. The room I was given was a king bed suite. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water in the morning when I took a shower. The exercise facility, which I used for an hour, consisted of a treadmill, stair-stepper rowing machine, and stationary bicycle. Everything worked okay. I would like to bring to the attention of management that the fitness equipment should be replaced in the near future since it is getting dated. However, I still had a great workout. The complimentary breakfast consisted of eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, waffles, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, and a few other items. It was indeed a full breakfast. Upon departure, it only took Whitney about a minute to check me out. All the staff I encountered at this property were polite and friendly. I will definitely again stay at this Best Western hotel when I return to the North Canton area.

Room Tip: Nice quiet king bed suites are located in rooms 337 or 339.