The room was fine, nice in fact - Compliments to housekeeping and Mia, the front desk clerk.
Very kind... BUT
I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime.
NEVER have I been grilled and talked to so condescendingly
by their night manager simply for walking to my
room with my suitcase and purse in hand.
I did NOT appreciate this manager standing in the hallway as I was walking toward
the room I had just rented five minutes earlier and
barking at me, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"
Like I was not supposed to be in the hotel, with a tone
of voice like I was a child and/or a common criminal.
I replied, "My room" and continued on, highly offended.
He acted bored with his hands in his pockets and like he was pissed off at the world.
Had NO smile for anyone, nor did he even attempt to pose his question to me in a kind manner.
He barked it at me like I was some dog.
I did not appreciate him questioning me at all - Is this some policy by BW now?
I used to actually work for BW as a desk clerk in the 90s. We NEVER grilled anyone.
I am an educated woman and a successful career woman now, not some bum.
I have NO idea why he would have chosen me to do this to.
I've NEVER had ANYONE in ANY hotel question me as to why I was there.
Absurd and unprofessional!
I WILL be calling corporate headquarters regarding the
actions of this man.
When telling the front desk clerk the next day during checkout,
she just shook her head in agreement with raised eyebrow but said nothing about it.
Just said, have a nice day. Really?
The day manager said she'd check the cameras, like she didn't believe me and said
a simple, "I'm sorry and will talk with him."
That's not good enough for me.
I've stayed there quite a few times when in town, during my travels because it IS a nice hotel but. NEVER again.
I'm shocked and disappointed because I DO like this hotel.
Unfortunately, they just lost a few hundred more dollars per month as a result of their
treatment and the lack of compassion toward this customer.
I'll choose Marriott or Ramada next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each spacious, well appointed guest room provides free high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, and available business plus options. Guests at this North Canton hotel start the day with a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and relax and unwind in the hotel's heated indoor swimming pool and spa. Additional amenities include guest laundry, exercise facility, free parking and shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus North Canton Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus North Canton Hotel North Canton
- North Canton Best Western
- Best Western North Canton
- BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites Ohio