“Nice hotel room - LOUSY MANAGERIAL SERVICE” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in North Canton
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice hotel room - LOUSY MANAGERIAL SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room was fine, nice in fact - Compliments to housekeeping and Mia, the front desk clerk.
Very kind... BUT

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime.
NEVER have I been grilled and talked to so condescendingly
by their night manager simply for walking to my
room with my suitcase and purse in hand.

I did NOT appreciate this manager standing in the hallway as I was walking toward
the room I had just rented five minutes earlier and
barking at me, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"
Like I was not supposed to be in the hotel, with a tone
of voice like I was a child and/or a common criminal.

I replied, "My room" and continued on, highly offended.

He acted bored with his hands in his pockets and like he was pissed off at the world.
Had NO smile for anyone, nor did he even attempt to pose his question to me in a kind manner.
He barked it at me like I was some dog.
I did not appreciate him questioning me at all - Is this some policy by BW now?
I used to actually work for BW as a desk clerk in the 90s. We NEVER grilled anyone.

I am an educated woman and a successful career woman now, not some bum.
I have NO idea why he would have chosen me to do this to.

I've NEVER had ANYONE in ANY hotel question me as to why I was there.
Absurd and unprofessional!

I WILL be calling corporate headquarters regarding the
actions of this man.

When telling the front desk clerk the next day during checkout,
she just shook her head in agreement with raised eyebrow but said nothing about it.
Just said, have a nice day. Really?
The day manager said she'd check the cameras, like she didn't believe me and said
a simple, "I'm sorry and will talk with him."
That's not good enough for me.

I've stayed there quite a few times when in town, during my travels because it IS a nice hotel but. NEVER again.
I'm shocked and disappointed because I DO like this hotel.

Unfortunately, they just lost a few hundred more dollars per month as a result of their
treatment and the lack of compassion toward this customer.
I'll choose Marriott or Ramada next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Before arriving, I called the Best Western Plus North Canton Inn & Suites. Whitney answered the telephone, and I requested that she save me a copy of the USA Today newspaper. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed that this was a nice building and the inside was beautiful. Jason checked me in quickly, and gave me the newspaper that Whitney promised to save for me. It is pleasant when people actually follow through in doing what they say they will do. Jason also received a fax for me at no charge. The room I was given was a king bed suite. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water in the morning when I took a shower. The exercise facility, which I used for an hour, consisted of a treadmill, stair-stepper rowing machine, and stationary bicycle. Everything worked okay. I would like to bring to the attention of management that the fitness equipment should be replaced in the near future since it is getting dated. However, I still had a great workout. The complimentary breakfast consisted of eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, waffles, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, and a few other items. It was indeed a full breakfast. Upon departure, it only took Whitney about a minute to check me out. All the staff I encountered at this property were polite and friendly. I will definitely again stay at this Best Western hotel when I return to the North Canton area.

Room Tip: Nice quiet king bed suites are located in rooms 337 or 339.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Best Western property is much nicer than most BW properties I've been to. Clean decent sized updated rooms with flat screen tv's, a nice free breakfast, and very helpful, friendly, and accomodating staff. They have a free local shuttle which comes in handy if you know you're going to enjoy a few cocktails. Easy in/out to hotel. My go-to hotel when in Canton!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oak Harbor, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Inn is very clean from the front door to your room's door. Everything is clean and neat. Staff is friendly and smiles while looking you in the eye. Though we were just passing through the area, I would recommend a stay here to anyone. For one night or for a longer stay. It's conveniently located to the HOF, Gervasi winery, Belden Village, and other places.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We are so glad we chose to stay here. The Staff was professional and courteous. The hotel was very clean and nicely furnished. The price was very reasonable and location very convenient - right off 77. The breakfast in the morning was very good and even offered made to order waffles! Very impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel is newer, clean and comfortable with a relatively friendly staff. We booked through Expedia.com and Jason at the front desk agent seemed to be uncomfortable handling my requests at checkout - he told me I wasn't allowed to have my bill which is not the case. Coming from the hospitality industry myself, this is just lack of coaching. Given the number of reviews on TripAdvisor whose reservations have been booked through third parties, this might be a good learning opportunity. Every other staff member we encountered was polite, acknowledged us and were helpful when asked. We would stay there again the next time we're in North Canton.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

if you are in the area visiting the Football Hall of Fame this hotel is reasonable, convenient, clean and the personnel are excellent. The hotel is located just off Hwy is very close to an excellent Strip Mall. For added convenience McDonalds is a next door neibgbor and a gas station is across the street.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!