“You would think you're on the beach.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in North Canton
Cuisines: Seafood
Ohio
“You would think you're on the beach.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Quaint little ocean shanty. Crowded with many of the locals, this must be the place. Ordered the all you can eat fish. Comes with slaw and onion rings. Price was reasonable. Ok down to the food experience. Ok this is North Canton, do you really expect a great fish?? Really?? Onion ring?? Nope not even the slaw was all that good. Fish and rings doughy. Is that a word?? Service so, so. No silverware, and the franks hot sauce was empty with no refill in sight. So overall, hhhmmmm, just ok. Won't go back when in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

United States
“Not so good...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Since my last review, we have eaten at Eadies fish house two more times. The first time wasn't nearly as bad as the second and last time. On the first occasion our service was awfully slow; as I noted in my first review this is to be expected as service here can be hit or miss. However, in addition to slow service, our food wasn't nearly as good as it had been. The onion rings were cold and way too hard like they had been sitting there waiting to be served for some time.

On this last visit we decided to give the food one more try. Bad idea. The whole lunch started off on the wrong foot. We needed a high chair for my niece and they brought one to the table and walked away. When my sister tried to sit her in the chair she noticed that the chair was missing a part to the buckle and she couldn't properly sit the baby in the chair without it. As per usual, service was slow so we waited for our waitress who didn't come by so we told a waiter that kept passing our table about the chair. He said okay and took the highchair, no one ever brought out a new one. After waiting another ten minutes I went and found one outside on the covered patio and brought it in. The same waiter who took the original highchair watched me lift the chair and open the patio door all without ever asking me if I would like some assistance. Very rude. After waiting a long time for our food, we finally received it and both my sisters and I's quesadillas were burnt on one side. The cook did however; flip them over to their "good side" apparently hoping we wouldn't notice. Unfortunately, we have decided to make that our last visit and we will not return. I think they need friendlier, faster service with a more consistent cook.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Fish, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had dinner at Eadie's based on tripadvisor reviews while visiting Canton. I had the fish combo, trying cod and Lake Erie perch, both excellent. My husband had Mahi Mahi which he said was some of the best he's had. The fish is fresh and our server was very familiar with everything on the menu and quite helpful. If you want good fish served by friendly staff without paying the prices that high end restaurants charge, Eadie's is your place. We will definitely return when in the area again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really wanted to like this place because I enjoy this type of eatery when vacationing in the Keys. But, the food was just so poor that I left feeling like I had been swindled. Everything was pre-frozen fare and overcooked. For a place that says they have the best onion rings in town-- are you kidding me? The were so over-fried there was no onion left in them. The all you can eat fish was some of the worst tasting fish we have ever had. The sweet potato fries-- straight out of a freezer like every thing else, and so over cooked they tasted like charred marshmallows. The final disappointment was the key lime pie that was a very mediocre tasting Sara Lee or equivalent. I have had better of any item each of our 4 person party ordered at fast food places. Won't go back, and won't ever believe them when they continue to advertise how great their food is.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
DeWitt, Michigan
“Best Fish House in Canton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A quaint little place we stumbled upon a couple of years ago. We travel to Canton about 4-5 times a year and do not make a trip here without stopping for fish & chips, walleye, and definitely the clam chowder (unfortunately only on Fridays). There fish is delivered fresh daily and can't be beat. Staff really hustles and are always friendly.

• Visited May 2013