“Nice Place to 'Crash and Stash'” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Canton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5353 Inn Circle Court NW, North Canton, OH 44706   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in North Canton
Gloversville, New York
“Nice Place to 'Crash and Stash'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had to come to Canton to be with my daughter during some surgery. I was ready to sleep in a real bed after two nights on her Futon.
The hotel is near her house, and was very convenient as a place to stash my bags and get a good night's sleep in a real bed.
The bed was very comfortable. I had a 'Standard' room - not much in the way of amenities (no fridge, microwave, etc) but a quiet place to sleep and relax.
The room clerks were quick in processing me in and out. The room was clean with no funky smells.
I had a ground floor room with quick access to my car.
There are a couple of restaurants (Bob Evans and Chick-Fil-A) adjacent to the property so you can stretch your legs while going to get a meal.
There are also a number of shopping centers near by if you want to pickup anything.

Room Tip: The 'Standard' rooms don't have many amenities. The sign on the desk suggests you upgrad...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and completing a Trip Advisor review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our Standard Kings do not have all the amenities as some of our other rooms. I hope all went well with your daughter and I am glad we could provide you with a comfortable bed to rest in.

Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Last night I stayed at this Red Roof, where the rooms were the upgraded NextGen funishings. This one is much nicer having wood floors fridges microwaves flat screen TV and except for the fact that our room was not ready when we arrived at 8 pm was a pleasant experoence. I would stay here again if my travels take me to the Canton area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time and completing a review for my hotel. I will be sure to pass along your commits with the rest of my staff. I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready for you at 8pm. I will be sure to address that with my staff so it does not happen again. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this review.
Morgantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The desk clerk was very cordial and friendly. Room was clean and neat. They do need some upgrades like new paint but overall the amenities were good. Even though it is a pet friendly hotel, you could not tell. No noises or weird smells. Easy on and off the main road to travel to various attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa G, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Canton Red Roof Inn. We all enjoy hearing nice comments about how people had a good time while they traveled. I will be sure to pass along your comments with the rest of my staff. I hope that the next time your travels lead you away from home that you will choose to stay here with us again.
Old Monroe, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

There was no hairdryer. There was one small Pantene shampoo and conditioner. The beds were nice. There is a safe, tv, and a place to hang clothes. Stayed here one night before going to hall of fame........

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review. We do like to hear how a guest's stay was. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to the Football Hall of Fame. We have many other attractions here in Canton that I hope you will come back and try out. We look forward to you staying in the future with us and hope to see you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight before visiting the Pro-Football Hall of Fame, which was just a short drive away. Shopping and restaurants, including one of our favorites, Bob Evans, are within convenient walking distance. We found the hotel staff, especially Vanessa, to be very friendly and accommodating. The hotel appeared to be well maintained and the room was clean. The flat screen TV and in room Wi-Fi access were an added bonus. Our only complaint was that the room air conditioning unit made an annoying noise all night and did not get the room cool enough. Upon checking out, I informed Vanessa of the problem and she apologized, ensuring me that the room would be taken out of service until the air conditioning unit could be fixed. If we are ever in the area, we would definitely stay here again. Thanks Vanessa!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review for Canton Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear that I was able to leave a lasting impression on you. I thank you again for bringing to my attention your concerns about the A/C in your room. Happy to let you know that we did get that taken care of. Again thank you. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Canton Ohio.
Gassville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have never stayed in a Red Roof Inn before. As we were going to be in town several days, and only in our room to sleep, we wanted something economical. I took a chance since the photo of the room was appealing. It was no disappointment! The room (a superior king) was one of the "new rooms" advertised on their site. The staff was friendly and check in was quick. The room was attractive as well as comfortable, and a very nice size. It had all the usual amenities plus a very comfortable mattress and quality bedding. Didn't miss the free carb breakfasts that most places offer. The internet was fast and the TV & chanels available were great. I liked the laminate floor as opposed to carpeting, which can harbor so much "uck"! We will be staying there again in a few months when we visit family in the area.

Room Tip: The desk area in the superior king room was very nice. The lamp was adjustable with and extra bright...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that my staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms. I know that we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stay here through the year. It's not overly friendly when checking in and usually takes 20 minutes. The rooms are new with "wood" floors but they're not mopped or cleaned. My comforter today has a cigarette burn. It's just a place to sleep. The flatscreen tv is a perk with the Internet that works very well now.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time and telling us about your stay here. I am sorry that your floor was not cleaned to our normal standards and that your comforter had a burn hole in it. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our internet and that it worked very well for you. We have made some changes to it so that you as our guest have very little or no issues with connecting. I would like to thank you again for bring your concerns to me so that I can make these changes and better serve our guests.
We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Canton.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Canton? Share your experiences!