“Better Red Roof” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in North Canton
Staten Island, New York
“Better Red Roof”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Last night I stayed at this Red Roof, where the rooms were the upgraded NextGen funishings. This one is much nicer having wood floors fridges microwaves flat screen TV and except for the fact that our room was not ready when we arrived at 8 pm was a pleasant experoence. I would stay here again if my travels take me to the Canton area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and completing a review for my hotel. I will be sure to pass along your commits with the rest of my staff. I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready for you at 8pm. I will be sure to address that with my staff so it does not happen again. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Morgantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The desk clerk was very cordial and friendly. Room was clean and neat. They do need some upgrades like new paint but overall the amenities were good. Even though it is a pet friendly hotel, you could not tell. No noises or weird smells. Easy on and off the main road to travel to various attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa G, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Canton Red Roof Inn. We all enjoy hearing nice comments about how people had a good time while they traveled. I will be sure to pass along your comments with the rest of my staff. I hope that the next time your travels lead you away from home that you will choose to stay here with us again.
Old Monroe, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

There was no hairdryer. There was one small Pantene shampoo and conditioner. The beds were nice. There is a safe, tv, and a place to hang clothes. Stayed here one night before going to hall of fame........

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review. We do like to hear how a guest's stay was. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to the Football Hall of Fame. We have many other attractions here in Canton that I hope you will come back and try out. We look forward to you staying in the future with us and hope to see you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight before visiting the Pro-Football Hall of Fame, which was just a short drive away. Shopping and restaurants, including one of our favorites, Bob Evans, are within convenient walking distance. We found the hotel staff, especially Vanessa, to be very friendly and accommodating. The hotel appeared to be well maintained and the room was clean. The flat screen TV and in room Wi-Fi access were an added bonus. Our only complaint was that the room air conditioning unit made an annoying noise all night and did not get the room cool enough. Upon checking out, I informed Vanessa of the problem and she apologized, ensuring me that the room would be taken out of service until the air conditioning unit could be fixed. If we are ever in the area, we would definitely stay here again. Thanks Vanessa!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review for Canton Red Roof Inn. I am happy to hear that I was able to leave a lasting impression on you. I thank you again for bringing to my attention your concerns about the A/C in your room. Happy to let you know that we did get that taken care of. Again thank you. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Canton Ohio.
Gassville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have never stayed in a Red Roof Inn before. As we were going to be in town several days, and only in our room to sleep, we wanted something economical. I took a chance since the photo of the room was appealing. It was no disappointment! The room (a superior king) was one of the "new rooms" advertised on their site. The staff was friendly and check in was quick. The room was attractive as well as comfortable, and a very nice size. It had all the usual amenities plus a very comfortable mattress and quality bedding. Didn't miss the free carb breakfasts that most places offer. The internet was fast and the TV & chanels available were great. I liked the laminate floor as opposed to carpeting, which can harbor so much "uck"! We will be staying there again in a few months when we visit family in the area.

Room Tip: The desk area in the superior king room was very nice. The lamp was adjustable with and extra bright...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that my staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms. I know that we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stay here through the year. It's not overly friendly when checking in and usually takes 20 minutes. The rooms are new with "wood" floors but they're not mopped or cleaned. My comforter today has a cigarette burn. It's just a place to sleep. The flatscreen tv is a perk with the Internet that works very well now.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time and telling us about your stay here. I am sorry that your floor was not cleaned to our normal standards and that your comforter had a burn hole in it. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our internet and that it worked very well for you. We have made some changes to it so that you as our guest have very little or no issues with connecting. I would like to thank you again for bring your concerns to me so that I can make these changes and better serve our guests.
We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Canton.
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here recently for 5 nights for the Canton Hall of Fame Marathon. Right from the get go, Becky was always cheerful and helpful with where to go for food,booking taxis etc. I think this hotel could have been a little cleaner, but housekeeping were always available for fresh towels etc. It's clear that my room was once a smoking room, but factor in that this is truly a budget accommodation, I have no complaints. I would stay again here as everything is within walking distance ( but careful crossing those big roads), and the wonderful staff from front desk to housekeeping were very helpful and pleasant.

My room was a very comfortable size, a modest sized bathroom with a tub & shower. It also had a microwave, a clean one at that and a clean fridge and a safe ( which is actually an extra..not much but it's an extra worth paying for). Also the TV package is sensational..tons of premium TV channels all in HD with facilities to plug in your own games consoles, dvd player etc.
There is no " room service" but a contact to a very reasonable pizza take away which delivered delicious food. 24 hour fresh coffee in the reception, FREE local AND long distance calls from the room telephone, and flawless, reliable FAST FREE wifi. These are features even the big boys of hotels can't get right...

but theyhey have got it right here at the red roof inn in Canton.

Room Tip: bring your own personal hygiene items..this isn't a hilton and doesn't pretend to be one, ei...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Vanessa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Canton, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review for us. I know my staff enjoys reading about how our guests stay was. I am glad that Becky took care of you and was cheerful. I myself do like it when I go to a hotel and it has HD channels and my kids are able to plug into the TV and play the games they have. The local and long distance call also is one of my favorites. I know that in the Hotel business a lot of people are traveling and need to keep in touch with family back home. I am glad to see that you took part in our Order In Service we provide to our guests. This is a new service we started because we know how much easier it makes it for our guest to be able to just pick up the phone and order food as to going out.

Been to Red Roof Inn - Canton? Share your experiences!