We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hampton Inn in Canton. This was our first time at this hotel. We usually stay at another nearby option but this place is rather new and we wanted to try something else.
We had a room on the second floor which is actually the entrance floor. The room was very spacious, clean, and smelled "clean". The beds/pillows are very comfortable. Unfortunately, there was a basketball playoff in town and the hotel was "booked" with many of the participants. This has happened to us before but we never had any problems. Firday night was OK and tolerable. The noise in the hall stopped around 11pm. Sunday morning was another story...we were awakened by a ball being bounced on our wall from the hallway and MANY kids (8 or so) sitting down in the hall. I peeked out and asked them (in a very nice way) to keep it down because we were still sleeping. OK...they did so for 2 seconds (literally!). Then, I called the front desk, they came over and told them, still no results. I proceeded to go out in the hall toward the desk to ask where the parents were (these kids were about 10-12 yrs old). As I was doing so, the front desk came to the hall (because they were still making so much noise) and again asked them to be quiet. At that time, someone came out of a room and we asked him if he was a parent. He responded 'yes' and we told him what was happening. He said, 'they don't listen to me either". I then told him he was being irresponsible for their behavior and I was also a paying customer at the hotel. His response was "well, there is a room available at XXXXXX hotel! and kept on walking out. Unbelievable, that people can be so careless about how their children behave. The hotel staff was very apologetic to us and did credit our stay for one night which was excellent customer service. Besides this incidence, the hotel is fabulous. We had a quiet Sunday night -- great hot tub and pool! Breakfast had good selections and the staff were very kind (the basketball group left all of their plates/trash on the tables -- could not even bring them to the trash can!). Would definitely stay again without any sports teams/groups in the area. Staff is very courteous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Canton is conveniently located just a few minutes from the Akron-Canton airport. In addition to the free hot breakfast, fresh Hampton Bed and free high speed internet in every room, our hotel proudly offers the 100% Hampton Guarantee on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Canton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Canton Hotel North Canton
- Hampton Inn And Suites Canton
- Hampton Inn & Suites Canton North Canton, Ohio