“They take the time to WOW you...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: Japanese
Jefferson, Ohio
“They take the time to WOW you...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place goes above and beyond to create a beautiful dining experience. We were looking for a quick bite before seeing Despicable me 2 on July 3rd (must-see with kids!) and did a Foursquare search for Sushi in Niles. Mizu came up in the search and the reviews looked good- they were close... this place is great!

Instead of cramming all of our rolls on to one plate like many other locations do, the 3 Mizu sushi chefs took their time, decorated the rolls and sent them out on elaborate individual plates! The fish was fresh and our usual items seemed to tasted even better with their attention to detail.

The large rolls are priced so low! We are accustomed to paying $13-$18 for a large roll like a volcano, but here the most expensive was $11.95- well worth the price, especially with the beautiful presentation. Overall we only spent around $70 including tip- rather than our customary $100 for a dinner like this.

Our kids loved the Shrimp Tempura and Philadelphia rolls as well as the Spider roll (which came out on a web of sauce!). The Volcano roll was my husbands favorite (with lobster tempura on top and an actual volcano of sauce drawn on the plate) and the sweetheart roll stole my heart- beautifully made and the spice of the roll was off-set by the extremely fresh salmon wrapping the heart shaped rolls to perfection. The plate was also decorated with elegant sauce design reminiscent of a cherry tree. We were very impressed- though we were a little let down on the Wasabi Tobiko- didn't have the kick we are accustomed to.

Service was stellar until the very end when they got super busy, we waited a little long for our check. The soda's came out in cool tiki faced cups which the kids Loved!

The only drawback to this location is the 'echo' in the dining room. Everything seems loud and you can hear all the other tables. There was even a girl on a video chat on her phone practically yelling 3 tables down! That really dampened the atmosphere over all. With some sound dampening cosmetics, this could be a perfect location- though we WILL be returning soon and often for the price and extravagant looking rolls.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hubbard, Ohio, United States
“Try it you will love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband had wanted me to go to Mizu's for a long time, there was no way in hell I was eating sushi, however he did talk me into it because they had cooked rolls (CA roll, sweet potato roll, etc).
I am so happy I let him talk to me, I am such a fan I have actually eaten there 2-3 days in a row. The food is delicious, the restaurant is beautiful, my husband's work gives him occasion to go back into their kitchen and it is as clean in the kitchen, as it is in the restaurant, as it is in the bathroom. The owner only met me once and remembered my name and every time he sees me he calls me by name. You must try it. If you do not like sushi (which is excellent) they have dishes that are fully cooked and truly some of the best food I every ate. I can not say enough good things about Mizu's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cortland, Ohio, United States
“The BEST sushi in tri-county area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Hubby and I have visited Mizu several times now (both as a couple and as a family) - the absolute BEST sushi in this area!!! The staff is always friendly and prompt, and while the restaurant is small, it is always clean. The sushi is fresh, delicious, and presented well. The chef always makes a beautiful creation out of the sushi! And did I mention - the sushi is EXCELLENT! I'm happy to say we have found our sushi spot - and is only 15 minutes away. Looking forward to our experience tonight!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cortland, Ohio, United States
“Found our new favorite sushi spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hubby and I tried Mizu, looking for a "better than most" local sushi spot. We found a winner with Mizu! Hubby ordered the lunch special - 3 rolls with choice of soup or salad, and I ordered the volcano roll. Presentation of both plates was beautiful! And the sushi? It was excellent!!! We now have a local spot that we will be visiting when we get that craving for sushi!

• Visited August 2012