“Consistently Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Niles, Ohio
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Vernon's is one of my favorite local restaurants. The menu has a nice variety and the specials are fantastic. What makes the place stand out is consistency. I've never had a bad meal or a cold one. There is a nice selection of wines and a great sommelier. The prices are fair and the portions just right.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Niles, Ohio
“Not a Chain Restaurant Just "Off the Chain Food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Vernon's supper menu is very assorted. Tried the fresh spinach salad with red onion and eggs with warm bacon dressing. Also had Drunken Chicken with a little kick of Cajun spice and linguine; both were excellent. One of the best family owned restaurants that remain on the once heavily populated family- owned "Strip". The service and atmosphere was great but the parking is a bit tight and not very plentiful. I would recommend this establishment to those who would enjoy a fine night out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
warren, ohio
“great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Vernon's is a high quality local restaurant. The food is varied and uniformly excellent. Lunches are high quality but cheap! They have a great wine selection. We go for lunch every few weeks, and for dinner a little longer. We have never had anything less than great food and great service. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
Taneytown, Maryland
“Never been to a Better Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I work for a company that does educational seminars on energy conservation all year round, up and down most of the east coast, and I will state that this is without a doubt the BEST restaurant my company has thus far ever been too. From the minute I booked our reservation with Kara, I knew it was going to be a great event, as she was so attentive and eager to help with the whole planning of our event. The private dining room was fabulous, the wait staff was quick and attentive to all the guests needs. We had nearly 50 people in attendance both the nights of the event and were served their choice of Roast Sirloin Au jus, Chicken Fracaise, or Eggplant Parmigina. Out of two nights and practically 100 people, we did not hear a single complaint. Not at all to my surprise, most of our guests commented that this was their absolute favorite restaurant. The food was excellent, fresh, and steaming hot on arrival, and was delivered very quickly, especially for the size of our groups. This restaurant was so good to us we are revisiting them in only a few short weeks from now. I want to personally thank Vernon's Café, Kara, and all of the staff for making our event the best one we have had yet. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. So if your in the Niles, Ohio area, or even in Ohio at all, and looking for not only the best food, but the best staff, and the best restaurant, then you absolutely have to stop and try this one out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I live locally and love, love, love Vernon's! I'm never disappointed as they consistently offer great food, friendly service and a comfortable atmosphere. They also have a wonderful assortment of wines and the world's best sommelier to pour them! Dennis Huston will choose the perfect wine to complement your entree and his engaging & witty personality is an additional delight! I always look forward to my dinner experience at Vernon's!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Vernon's Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Vernon's Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.