“Not so great, for the money charged and the Italian hype.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Newbury
Cuisines: Italian
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not so great, for the money charged and the Italian hype.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Not so great, for the money charged and the Italian hype. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK restaurant if you're hungry and just looking for a basic Italian slant. There's plenty "Italian" on the menu (noodles, seafood, parmagiana, etc.) - not just pizza, as the place is catagorized. Unfortunately for quality and flavor this place definitely does NOT qualify for authentic, heart-warming Italian fare.

Might go again for a bite to eat or just to put something in our stomachs, but not when we have a craving for "Italian food" per se.

Visited July 2013

Canton, Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went for lunch and our food was delicious. Our waitress was so friendly and helpful. They seem to get a lot of repeat business because they knew customers by name.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangor, Maine
“Eat! Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The food here is among the best Italian food I've had - at least on this trip. High quality, fresh ingredients and Mama Mia! sized portions. As I was here with a group of family, I had a chance to sample 4 different dishes and they were all very tasty and well-prepared.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chardon
“Really Mangia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food here is realllllyyy goooood! We visist several times a year since it is local to us. My favorite is shortly after being seated you are given a basket of the homemade bread. That takes the edge off while you look over the large variety of menu options. We ususally get one of the chicken items since they prepare it in some many different ways, we have tried them all and I do like the chicken parm the best. The one problem is the unlimited salad, they assume you will only eat one bowl, if you get a second bowl, the meal usually comes out with it. I like my food hot, so i usually end up wasting the salad since I want to eat some of my meal while it is still hot. Maybe I should tell them to hold the meal a little next time, since the service is prompt.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Ohio
“Hands down one of the BEST Italian restaurants ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon entering Mangia Mangia you are enveloped by the delicious smells! You are seated and brought a basket of amazing homemade bread. All of the pasta and sauces are homemade daily! The menu is expansive and includes items for those who are not in the mood for italian as well! I highly recommend the chicken parmagiana with angel hair pasta. It is by far the best I have ever had! The portions are also huge and everything is reasonably priced!

If you have room make sure you try one of their amazing desserts, but I have only had room once!

• Visited May 2013