“Fruitful meeting and enjoyable stay in Yogya.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa

You added Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Laksda Adisucipto KM 8.7, Depok, Yogyakarta 55282, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Depok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fruitful meeting and enjoyable stay in Yogya.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Came as apart of a group meeting. This is the place, I have to say, the one..a hotel for an accommodation and the venue for the event. I love the staff, quite friendly, helpful and warm. Their meeting like has been beautifully set up for a big or small functions we had. I love the way they arranged the place to eat, lunch in their magnificent view Androwino Bistro overlooked Mount Merapi, and coffee break in..or outside, in the hotel atrium, and dinner by the pool..so creative and yet so lovely. The food, local and international were super delicious (you should try their room service menu for local delicacies...great..just great).The hotel very close to airport, and have a frequent scheduled shuttle to Malioboro Street and drop service to Prambanan Temple. They are free of charge..cool. Their service in certain standard, really five star traetment, like everyone deserve for it. I love this hotel, the furbish, with a classic Javanese touch and spacious room with balcony. No wonder why many multinational companies chose this hotel, where also known to be the official hotel for the Miss Universes on their visit to Yogya. A nice, warm and so majestic...that makes me and some of the group member extended one more night, and finally, check out as individually for another night. :)

Room Tip: Volcano View (also overlooks the Pool).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We would like to thank you for positive comment that you had given to us. It is our pleasure to serve you better based on 5 stars hotel standard. All facilities and service that we offered are made to make you comfortable, and memorable stay with us. Knowing that you had a satisfy experience, is the most thing that we want to hear from you. We also happy you noticed that our resort is the official hotel for Miss Universe on their visit to Yogyakarta every year. Again thank you for your kind review. Hope we can see you again in the nearest future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
Beijing, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good side of the stay is: they have free airport transportation, which is really good, and they also have free shuttle to the city, which is convienient, good food in restaurent, staff is nice and friendly.

However, I have to point out one unpleasant thing during my stay, when I was in Prambanan temple visiting, I made a phonecall to hotel, I told receptionist I am in Prambanan temple and asked for a hotel car to pick me up, the receptionist said hotel has a car at the Prambanan temple right now, it was very hot and I don't want to miss this car to wait for next one, so I ended up my visit even I am not finished yet, and rushed into the exit to find the car. I waited for a while didn't find the driver and I start to ask the staff and other drivers, to see if anyone know my hotel driver. But I heard the parking staff broadcasting and still can not find my hotel driver. Then the storm came! I was lucky to met some kind guests also stay in Sheraton hotel and they agreed to give us a ride. I have sent email to hotel, but they put this accident to my misunderstanding of the phone conversation, I wish I had recorded the phone conversation and suggest you could record the phone conversation next time.

Except for this accident, other experience is fine, room is old but clean and in good order, have balcony to volcano view.

Room Tip: valcony view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We would like to thank you for feedback that you've given to us regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa. We do apologize for inconvenience caused by our facilities and service did not meet your expectations, but we also feel happy knowing that there are still some aspects you like and enjoy during your stay at our resort. Here, we do really understand what you felt toward that circumstances and to show our serious action, we already discussed it with related department head and we will retrain our associates so issue like this never happened again in the future. We hope you will choose to stay with us and give us a chance to serve you again on your next trip to Yogyakarta.
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

While others came up with modern and minimalist style recently, Sheraton stands for it's lovely Javanese style. I came to Jogja in order to experience the beauty of Javanese style, and it worth in Sheraton. All the staffs giving me such a sincerity service. The food is excellent, breakfast facing to The view of Merapi Volcano. The Suko wine Lounge is epic with a Merapi Volcano view as well. The room is pretty large with balcony in each room. I will definitely come back for another stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We thank you for sharing your experience with us in TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that your vacation is memorable and convenience. All facilities and service that we offer are made to make everything during your stay become beautiful and exciting. We hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Yogyakarta.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

i've stay here couple time form last 2 year. thank you for the sheraton team that either me or my mother check in. we always get an free upgrade to next room type category. and we love stay in here.
the spa is amazing. Me and my husband used the full body massages, and the treatment were amazing. love the scent that they used for the massages. the other thing is, they have free airport shuttle. the breakfast is great too. with the swimming pool view and very quiet. really relaxing time every time we have the breakfast in here. that's why i always stay in here when me or my mom or my sister went to Yogyakarta. this is my family favorite hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable review and to share it. We are glad that you like the atmosphere, the room and the surrounding of our resort. We also appreciate your kind review about the food in our restaurant, because you deserve the best. Hope that you will come back again on your next visit to Yogyakarta.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

After a hot, full day of touring, we checked into the Sheraton Mustika Hotel in Jogjakarta and found it to be very NICE.....nice hotel. nice room, nice everything! The location is excellent, being close to numerous cultural attractions, such as the Borobudur Temple, and the Sultan Palace. The rooms are attractively decorated in a Javanese art deco theme. They offer garden view, volcano view, lagoon rooms with patios, and suites. Unfortunately, the outside pool was closed when we arrived at 8p and the inside pool was too cold for my liking. We dined on Hawaiian Pizza, which was tasty, but took 1 hour to get our order. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, served with a view of Mount Merapi, an active volcano. We stayed for 2 nights and it was a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for the kind feedback. We will share your feedback with all associates. We are glad to hear that you had such a memorable experience & enjoyed your accommodations at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa. Knowing that you found the service, facilities and location are great and enjoyable is the most things that we really expect. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort sometime soon.
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at The Sheraton from 3-6 June, 2014, for our 24th Anniversary (THANKS FOR THE CAKE!) and a great cultural outing! The Resort is very close to the airport (10 minutes) and easy to reach all of the cultural sites that Yogy and surrounds have to offer. It was incredible to see Temples and Palaces that were 1500 years old, and built a thousand years before the USA was even a country! Our room was huge and faced the pool & garden areas! We left too early every morning for breakfast at the Resort, but found some amazing places to eat 'local' along the way to our sites of the day! Even tried Kuda Satay. Dinners through the room service were fast, efficient and excellent! The menu is extensive and reasonably priced.
The decor of the resort is very nice indeed, and the Club Lounge has an outstanding offering of finger food at 1730 daily. We would leave the Sheraton about 0400 daily to begin early visits to enjoy the sun rises at the various locations (Borobudur, Mt Merapi, Prambanan, etc), spend the day out taking in the atmosphere, food and sites, and then return to the Resort around 1600 daily and enjoy a long, hot soak in the large tub and then order room service for dinner. The TV selections were great, with several English language news channels and 4 Movie channels. The free WiFi was fast and uninterrupted!
We did not have a chance to use the pool, Spa, weight room, restaurant, etc, but will certainly try to find a reason to return again! IT WILL NOT BE HARD TO DO~~~ THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: A middle of the wing room facing the pool gives you a quiet lovely view! We had Room 625 and it was...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
May we extend our grateful for your positive words about Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa. It is an honored to serve you better and give distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. We are glad to hear that you like cake that we offered to make your stay more memorable while you celebrate your 24th Anniversary. Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for 5 nights. The facilities are of the standard to be expected of a Sheraton with a beautiful outdoor swimming area, well equipped gym, large bedrooms, smart and relaxing communal areas and decent eating options. The rooms are not well sound-proofed which I see other reviewers have commented on which was the only but significant gripe... But the main reason for this review is to highlight the amazing cycle treks the hotel offers: we took a 4-hour option to the Prambanan temple and Ratu Boko which was just beautiful. The trek was a gentle amble through local villages, paddy fields and scenic surrounds giving you a real sense of place. Our guide was friendly and considerate. The ride from Prambanan to Ratu Boko invovled a steep 5 minute climb which I had to walk a few times but it was well worth the rewarding view from the top of the hill. A must do!

Room Tip: You should be aware that you will hear the call to prayer in the early hours!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa. I am glad to know you had a great time with us. Facilities that we offered are just to make your stay become more comfortable and memorable. Your comment about cycling activity and the trek are really positive for us. Here, we always want our guest feel connected with our resort and also Yogyakarta. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Been to Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!