“A wonderful hidden piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa

You added Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Laksda Adisucipto KM 8.7, Depok, Yogyakarta 55282, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Depok
Montreal, Canada
“A wonderful hidden piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have to say first of All that I have very high standards when it comes to hotels. I’m platinum with Starwood’s and many other brands. I do travel nearly 200 nights a year in hotels.

I stayed at the Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa (Indonesia) for 3 nights.

This hotel is fantastic! I did enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa (Indonesia). First of all, I had a great welcome by the staff and Mr. Muhamad Munir, the General Manager. I do Believe that Mr. Munir has made this hotel very exceptional and unique over the years.

Be ensure that the clients enjoy the excellent services of the SPA and that the kitchen creates great and delicious meals with local ingredients. The pool is very quiet and the water very confortable

If your around, Its worth to go visit the mountains and the Merapi volcano.

I can safely say that this hotel is one of the best destinations in Indonesia, and my best in Java Island.

Again thank you to all the staff and make sure I will be back Shortly.

Guillaume Boutin

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa, and thank you for your wonderful review about our Resort. It's great to hear that your overall stay was a memorable one. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you, and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and booked this hotel mainly because of the pool complex and the gigantic Javanese style building. We were certainly not disappointed. although the location is far from the city centre of Yogyakarta (30 minute drive). It indeed had an amazing pool, but also nice communal areas and good food. However as mentioned in other reviews it's an older property and at times we felt like we were one of the few guests around. This makes you feel a bit akward. In my opinion this hotel definitely deserves much more guests than I have seen around during my stay.

We booked a lagoon access room, which had direct acces to an adjacent lagoon style pool away from the main pool. We could dive in directly from our room terrace, really awesome! The room itself was somewhat tired, but the bed and the flatscreen TV were very good (even had HBO and other movie channels). The main pool complex was very relaxing and had great lounge beds. One day the main pool was closed because of unforseen maintenance issues and we received a fruit basket to apologize, really nice! The staff in the entire hotel was really friendly.

Everyday we ordered room service breakfast and enjoyed it outside on our terrace. For only 5500-6500 rupiah per person we ordered an indonesian or american breakfast also including a fruit plate and freshly squeezed fruit juice and coffee, which we thought was an amazing deal! We also enjoyed dinner in the hotel, both in the lounge and in the one restaurant. Both had a great view of the area and mount Merapi. The food was good, but we were mostly by ourselves, which again felt strange in a large hotel like this. My only complaint would be the live band in the lounge played horrible music. Never heard anything this bad in a hotel before, it was completely out of tune. Other than that, I really liked this place and would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa for your recent visit to Yogyakarta. It is really great to hear that your overall stay was a memorable one, we do thank you for your review of our resort. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you, and we do apologize for the annoyance caused to you about the live music at our lounge. We would be delighted to welcome you back in nearest future, thank you.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was here for a weekend break. This is an older property, but is very well maintained. The staff are very attentative and pleasant. The location is very close to the airport - only about a 15 minute drive.

The breakfast has a lot of excellent local dishes that you can enjoy. I was looking to have some gudeg and I found it hand made at the buffet and it saved me from having to find it outside, and it was really delicious.

The executive lounge is a good place to wind down and the staff there helped me plan my sight seeing. There are a few snacks and beer and wine are available.

I see in the reviews that many guest like the lagoon pool. I was on the top floor and had the view of Mt. Merapi which I feel is better than the pool. Tbe lagoon(s) are actually separate from the main pool and are quite small and hidden in the shade. I balcony on the rooms facing the mountain are very nice to spend a sunset evening.

Overall this is a pleasant hotel for holiday or business and is a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room for a good view of Mt. Merapi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It is really great to hear that your overall stay with us was a memorable one. We do thank you for your review of our resort. We have conveyed your feedback to all associates, it helps to boost our associates' confidence and willingness to always improve their sincere service. We look forward welcoming you back at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Excellent hotel close to the airport. The building and the furniture has seen a few guests is not the newest one, but it is maintained well. The food in the restaurant ist very good. The pool area is very nice.
I would like to mention the service at the breakfast buffet: When I went to the buffet first day, I was asked for my room number and my name. The usual thing. Second day I was adressed with my name and while walking to my table I was asked whether I would like to have coffee for breakfast and tee for my wife - like yesterday. They did not only remember my name, they also knew our favorites for breakfast. Maybe this is only a small thing, but these small things make the difference between a good service and an excellent service. Here I got the excellent service.

Room Tip: I liked the room with vulcano view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa for your recent visit to Yogyakarta. We are glad that you satisfied with our services and facilities, and we would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments about us in TripAdvisor. We have conveyed your compliments to all associates to motivate them in keeping up the good work. We would be delighted to welcome you back at our Resort in nearest future.
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

i only had breakfast there cause i live in Yogya. Good location near Airport, Merapi view, and excellent breakfast, they also provide Yogurt Elle which is my fav. Worth the price u pay for all u can eat type of breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
May we extend our grateful for your kind words about Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you. We would be delighted to welcome you back in nearest future, thank you.
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I arrived at the resort very early in the morning and the staff was so gracious in taking care of me. Since I didn't expect my room at that time, I went off for some spa time. The staff saw to it I had lunch and by then my room was ready and my luggage already there. I found that everyone worked very hard to see that you were happy and they succeeded. The hotel is an open-air Javanese style building that is spread over a huge property. I loved my stay which seemed to go so well with my visits to Borobudur and Prambanan. I had hired a guide and driver for my four days and we filled them with sightseeing so I had a limited amount of time for the hotel and never got to enjoy the beautiful pools. My room, #525, had a small balcony overlooking the pools, gardens and in the distance, Mt. Merapi. The food was good and there were very large selections of ethnic dishes for everyone. It was delightful to just wander through the hotel since there was so much art and antiques. It was a short but sweet experience.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is facing Mt. Merapi.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We have conveyed your feedback to our associates and we do thank you for your review, your positive comments related with the room readiness experience really much valued for us to improve our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa.
porto alegre, brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On our way to vivit Pambranam and Borobudur temples, we stayed at the Sheraton Mustika : thsi is a lovely hotel, full of grace: nice apartments, restaurant with a nice view, big and small pols in a greenish garden ! Do not miss it !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
May we extend our grateful for your kind words about Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back at our Resort in the future.

Been to Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!