“Fun Place in a Beautiful Area” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Owner description: Hocking Hills area, horseback trails, hay rides
Columbus, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Fun Place in a Beautiful Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family have gone to Uncle Bucks each October since our first trip there in 2003. Its in a beautiful setting in the Zaleski state forest. The drive from Lake Hope to Uncle Bucks is also beautiful. After the first mile, and after the LAST house, the road narrows and becomes one lane of gravel. I can't adequately describe just how beautiful this drive is during October! As the Uncle Bucks brochure states, "don't give up" on your way there. Just stay to the left at every intersection and you will find Uncle Bucks after first passing the site of the "haunted" Moonville tunnel and Lookout Rock. Both of those are worth a stop.
Anyway, back to Uncle Bucks: the staff has always been very friendly and helpful and patient. As another reviewer wrote, the horses are well-trained and easy to ride. My daughter first rode alone when she was seven years old, so that shouid tell you something about the horses. We have always taken the one-hour ride, and have enjoyed it every time, in all types of conditions ranging from muddy to dusty dry, from sunny to drizzly.
For the past few years we have also eaten our lunch there after our 10am ride. The food is good, home-cooked food that is reasonably priced. We normally play cornhole and enjoy a fire in the nearby firepit while waiting for our food to be served.
If you enjoy the outdoors, then this place is for you. I'm sure that its beautiful any time of the year, but I have only been there in October. We have always called about a month ahead to make reservations, but reservations aren't required.The cost for rides is $25 per hour, per horse (unless it has increased since Oct. 2011). You can view their website here: http://www.unclebucksstable.com/Welcome.html

Visited November 2011

Athens, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Uncle Bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My first husband and I use to go there all the time. Now, though they have music and dancing and I would like to go again. My co-worker goes qui9te often. have always enjoyed going./

Coolville, Ohio
“Closes whenever they feel like it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Would not recommend for any riders coming from Zaleski horsemen's camp. We have rode out there TWICE and they have closed early. After the 1st time I called the 2nd time to verify that they was open and they said they was. I also stated that our first attempt they closed early and they assured me they would be open. So...we rode our horses there with two children under the age of 10 to eat. They was CLOSED! Will never go again...horrible customer service!!!!

Visited July 2011
Columbus, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“Must do when visiting Hocking Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I haven't been horseback riding since riding in Yosemite National park 16 years ago Our family decided to do something different the last time we went to Hocking Hills and I am really glad we went horseback riding at this location. The terrain was fantastic because the riding paths winded through a beautiful park and was completly wooded and private. The horses were very friendly and very well trained. The location was a little difficult to find so make sure you have correct directions. The staff were friendly and the whole experience was very relaxing. We plan to definitely go again and might go after a snow sometime this Winter.