“My sympathies, for all who have stayed at this hotel!!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nelsonville
Inn at Hocking College
1577 State Route 691, Nelsonville, OH   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Nelsonville
cheffette
“My sympathies, for all who have stayed at this hotel!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I am embarrassed to admit that I once worked at this facility...all of your complaints have I held secretly in my heart, until now. The staff is horrible! If you were unfortunate enough to deal with management or any other permanent staff in this cesspool of employees, you have my sympathies. I was practically laughing aloud as I read all of these complaints, because they convey PRECISELY what I have felt for this establishment since I started. This is merely a confirmation that the complaints on this website are well-founded, and I would NEVER recommend this hotel, not even to my enemies.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

For starters, I will say that business and leisure travel hotel nights for me are over 150 per year. I was traveling from the east coast to an air show in Michigan and just happened to see a small sign for this off the road lodging. The "off the beaten path" location was the motivator for stopping. The desk agents were pleasant and accommodating. The room while dated was comfortable and quiet. The view out of the window was a nice garden. Both dinner and breakfast were good in a pleasant room with good staffing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
toledo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

So I made a reservation for my father here. He stayed on 8/24/10. I put my credit card down to hold the room, my father paid with his own card upon check in. I noticed a $96 authorization on my card. I called and got wonderful Pam at the front desk (sence my sarcasm) and she said it would be taken off the next day. I asked why it was even authorized since my father showed up and paid on his own. She said matter of factly "It will be taken off tomorrow." The very next day the charge was still on my card to I called again. The lovely and talented Pam answered in her usual gruff voice so I asked for someone in sales. Since I have worked in hotel sales and was TRAINED at the incredible Pam's hotel as I went to college there, I thought I could get a sales manager to help. Well, PAM transferred me to banquet's voicemail. I called back AGAIN and asked the ever happy Pam..."Do you have a sales department?" She didn't say a word and transferred me to the banquets voicemail again. So I called and asked for a manager. She transferred me to Carl's voicemail. I never got a call back and I even left him my e-mail address incase he didn't want to call (being a hotel manager I know it's his job) and I never got a response. So....now it's going on day 4...the $96 is still holding in my account and I'm so disappointed. If I treated ANY of my hotel clients like this I would NOT have a job. And what really sickens me is I went to college there (for hotel management) and had all of my classes and training here in the early 90's and now I have a horrible feeling about them. Listen, you don't HAVE to be in the hospitality industry...it's a choice. If you don't want to deal with people Pam and Carl you should find a new calling. And I have released many holds on many people's debit cards, IT TAKES 2 SECONDS TO CALL THE BANK!! UUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!! Unfortunately the warm fuzzy feeling I have always had for this facility is GONE!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Nelsonville hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was a one night hotel stay that cost $100. The room had bugs crawling everywhere, the whole family had bite marks the following morning. The AC was so loud that it woke up my son everytime it came on. The sheets and blankets had crusty white stains. There were people screaming and yelling at all hours of the night, which I reported right away, and the staff failed to take care of. At check-out I mentioned the issues we had and was told they could not do anything, I requested that the manager called me when he got in, well that never happened. I even called two times in the days to come after we checked out and received no response. Not only was the room terribe, the customer service was just as bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I had previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens for $109/night. I decided to move to Nelsonville thinking that the prices would be cheaper. They were not but I did get around the Athens hotel tax.

I remember seeing this hotel before and thinking it was a standard motel. Nothing special about it. It's been redone now and the outside and lobby look very impressive.

The rooms, however, are anything but. They are the cookie-cutter cheap motel rooms. This place used to be a Ramada. I can tell that because they are so cheap that they just put a piece of tape over the logo on the phone. The coffees, teas, soaps and candies they provide are obviously very cheap. They would do better to just not offer them.

I can say that the staff was helpful if not the most friendly.

My biggest complaint is the other guests. The hallways were very loud until late at night. The ones I saw looked like homeless townie bikers. I didn't feel safe here.

The rooms were worn too. Orange globs of something on the ceiling.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Stayed here for Ohio University Moms weekend. It is only 15 minutes from OU. Hotel was clean, quiet and just fine. The room's blow dryer didn't work, and they brought me a new one right away. PROS: Clean room, friendly staff, beautiful location in the Hocking Hills. Wi-Fi was excellent. Parking lot ample and well-lit. Campus police circle lot often. CONS: Definitely no-frills. No printer available to guests; I had to get my boarding pass at the airport. Room furnishings and toiletries have a budget feel to them, but are adequate. Coffee was very weak.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I was having my mother & 3 of my aunts in town for a 2 day visit. I live close to the Inn and thought it would be a wonderful opportunity for them to experience a bit of Nelsonville by staying at The Inn. Also an extra perk is it was close by. I have never stayed there but was impressed with the food and the lobby area. Big mistake. The desk clerk was great. There were no tissues in the room anywhere and there were only 3 towels, even though the reservation was clearly made for 4 guests. Also there was an outlet on the wall right outside the bathroom door, that they wanted to put a nightlight in, that was so loose it wouldn't hold a connection. Plus they were afraid of it being a fire hazard, because of being loose. The headboard on one of the beds was loose and tilted towards the floor (tacky). Two of them took a shower that night and when they got up the next morning the wash cloths were covered with ANTS. This definitely put them off eating in the restaurant for breakfast. I had thought that because The Inn was not cheap in price that they would receive a better quality experience. I feel that I was ripped off.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Inn at Hocking College? Share your experiences!