“Loved the atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Loved the atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had dinner here with some friends. We were all from out of town - just kind of met in the middle. We had enjoyed a day hiking in the Hocking Hills area and decided to try this place out. It was about a 20 minute drive, but it was well worth it! The restaurant is very nicely decorated. The meal was beyond delicious and the music made us want to stay there all night. What a great find in Nelsonville!! Loved it.

Lake Orion, Michigan
“A gem in Nelsonville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We recently ate at Rhapsody in Nelsonville. This was a nice find in an area that seems to have little food beyond the typical fast food franchise. prices were good, and because of 1/2 price appetizers we went beyond our usual menu and ate a little extra. The atmosphere was quiet and very nice for relaxing and would be great for something romantic. One of the group is a vegetarian and had a house-made vegetarian burger that he enjoyed. The other two entrees purchased were both quite nice although several weeks later I can't recall what they were. I'm sorry we didn't find this the last time we were in Nelsonville. But we will return on our next trip. The only surprise in the meal was that our server, a student in the culinary program, didn't have a solid understanding of the recipes and had to ask the head chef some clarifying questions. I would have expected that a chef-in-training would have known the information we asked. But, we did get our answers and enjoyed our meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zanesville, Ohio
“Nice restaurant in a small town setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I took my husband here for his birthday the other night. It was his first visit and my second although it had been a long time since I had eaten there. We were very surprised and impressed when we got two free appetizers~hummus and toast points and bread dipped in flavored oil. We also ordered the crostini and tapenade because we have eaten it at The Inn at Cedar Falls when Chef Anthony worked there and we love it! I had the New York Strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes and tomato salad and it was excellent. The steak was cooked exactly how I ordered it (med. rare) and the potatoes were great. My hubby had the stuffed trout and was impressed with how flaky it was and not at all fishy tasting. Since it was his birthday I had ordered a dessert and they gave him key lime pie which he loved and I got a piece of chocolate cake, also. Our waiter was good but we felt there were some things he overlooked. The one thing my hubby was disappointed in was he ordered a martini and he said it was bad!! I had a mixed drink and it was quite good. Our overall experience was very good but we would like to go back on a Friday or Saturday night so we could hear the entertainment.

Mt Gilead Oh
“Best walleye my husband and I ever ate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was very good. The service was great. The portions were plenty. Surprised to see such a fine place to dine in the old home town. Differently will go back when in the area.

Lancaster, Ohio
“A nice kept secret in a small town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This wonderful small restaurant is an extension of Hocking College's Culinary Arts School. Chef Anthony personally visits your table as you enjoy finely prepared cuisine. We love the the New York Strip steak, marinated and delicious! Seafood is great also! Wine and beer selection commendable! Weekends boast a musician with great live music!
A must try!!! Reservations recommended on weekends!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Rhapsody? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rhapsody, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.