“Impressive!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Impressive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate at Rhapsody for the first time a week ago while I was visiting Nelsonville. I was shocked to get free bread and black bean hummus to start the meal. I don't know many places that give you so much before you even order. I wanted something sweet to drink but didn't know what I wanted, the bartender came over to personally help me find the perfect drink. I ordered the pomegranate martini. It was pretty good. It was a late lunch for me and my guy but we wanted the full experience. I ordered the Coq Au Vin. It was sooooo very good. If it weren't inappropriate I would have licked the wine sauce out of the bowl. The ambiance in this place is great for couples, very romantic. They even have live music in the evenings. We were too early for the entertainment that evening but I would not mind coming back to eat during some live entertainment. Frankly, I was surprised to see this place in such a small town. It feels very big city but relaxed. The food is top notch and it's not very expensive either.

• Visited October 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We recently enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant, connected to a culinary institute. The service was very good, and the mixed drinks were well prepared (it's amazing how hard it is to get a proper martini these days). But most impressive was the food, both the presentation and the taste. Our salad was delicate and perfectly dressed. The main courses, which included shepherd's pie, pork chop with asparagus and sweet potatoe purée, and an excellent meatloaf, were executed to perfection. This is probably due to the fact that the restaurant has recently acquired new head chef Anthony Schulz, formerly of the Inn at Cedar Falls (google him). At the end, we enjoyed the best walnut cheese cake ever, along with some pastry balls (I can't remember the technical name) that were just dreamy with fresh chocolate and raspberry sauce. To top it all off there was wonderful music by a female singer/guitarist who entertained with music by Shawn Colvin, James Taylor, Jim Croce, etc. I can definitely recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Va
“Wonderful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good selection of choices. The Mac and Cheese starter is incredible. The filet was done very well.
Nice selection of wine and enjoyable atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Great find in Hocking Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a wonderful find! We love our trips to Hocking Hills but it is hardly a foodie scene. The food was absolutely lovely and the staff incredibly well trained. The staff knew and understood the ingredients and preparation, understood dietary restrictions, really everything about the experience was terrific. We will absolutely be back every time we are in the area!! BTW--fantastic wine list also!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elyria, Ohio
“Very Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This "school" is so wonderful we return each year! They even gave me the recipe for a salad dressing that I have continued to make at home. Very entertaining and food was over the top!

Visited April 2013

Been to Rhapsody? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rhapsody, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.