The hotel has many nice features: Pretty lake and views, nice hotel rooms, good pool, and decent food. We encountered many problems, though. My name was so absurdly misspelled that it took close to two hours before they found the reservation. The bed was decent, a little saggy, but OK. The service in the restaurant was pitiful. The staff, though friendly, was overworked and it took forever to get the food. Some of us were served a half hour after the others at the table.
I was really disappointed that the computer in the business center was broken and had seemingly been so for months. I don't know of a single hotel these days that doesn't offer a terminal so people can check e-mail. Especially a hotel that boasts about having business meetings. Not everyone travels with a laptop or has a mobile device. It was an imposition this time because a family member needed medical treatment and I needed to be in touch.
I don't think the hallway carpets were routinely vacuumed. I saw the same bit of dirt by my room for three days. Also, towels by the pool were not always available.
Worst of all was a relative's fall on the pool deck, as described by another reviewer. The mirky, slippery water was there for some time and should have been removed. But what was scary was the lack of basic first aid treatment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by more than 3,100 tranquil acres, Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center is just 30 minutes south of Columbus, Ohio. We offer 110 guestrooms perfect for a quiet and romantic weekend getaway or a fun-filled family reunion. All lodge guestrooms have a private balcony or patio to give you a scenic view of the park, lake or outdoor pool. We also have 25 two-bedroom cottages (three with roll-in showers), each with a fully equipped kitchen, full bath, living room, dining area and a screened-in porch. Rafter's Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; the gift shop operates seven days a week. Our 18-hole championship golf course is diverse, challenging and exciting for golfers of all skill levels. Other things to do: boating, fishing, hiking, cycling, camping, and many more recreational activities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deer Creek Hotel Mount Sterling
- Deer Creek Lodge And Conference Center Ohio/Mount Sterling