“Met our expectations” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mount Gilead
Toronto, Canada
“Met our expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Normally I avoid this chain but was desperate.
Our expectations were low and this location fully justified our expectations.
Web site said all rooms had clocks, ours did not, front desk said only some have clocks.
We were the only guests in the motel yet the web site said there were only a few rooms left for all prices.
Have travelled for a long time but never, til now, has the shower run out of hot water, good thing I was the only guest, and I use the term loosely.
Furniture broken, walls patched, caulking used profusely in the bathroom and applied poorly.

Room Tip: stay away from this chain
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dan P, Manager at Knights Inn Mt. Gilead, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Jimbo9999999,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences during your stay. We work hard to provide our guests with the best possible service and quality at an affordable rate. We have never experienced a hot water issue and this will be looked at immediately. Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.

Best,
Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

first of all I made a reservation online through a booking site and was told 4 people could stay in the room at the price I pre- payed, than I get to the hotel and there was a old guy who was mean and nasty with a additude trying to charge me extra money for the two other people in my room, I was forced to pay for a extra room for 2 nights because it economically peasible that way compared to paying $20.00 extra per person after only allowing 2 people per $55.00 a night. The beds were so hard and bouncy, we had to go to walmart to purchase extra body pillows to make the bed more comfortable, if you have any back pain or body aches, my advise is to run for the next hotel, we had no choice but to stay the two nights because the money was non refundable. The outlets in some of the rooms don't work so good luck trying to chrge your cell phone, one woman was complaing the outlet almost burned her kid because sparks went flying and the manager kept arguing her down saying it was her charger, than in our room the toilet backed up and the manger handed my brother a plunger and told him good luck. there are no appliances to keep stuff warm or cool. you onlky have 6 channels on your tv. we only went there to sleep and never again, I should have paid an extra $35.00 a night for a 5 star down the street on route 95. ugggh! never again....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dan P, Manager at Knights Inn Mt. Gilead, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Rhonda,

Thank you for giving feedback.

We received your reservation as only 2 adults listed so we have to charge you based on the actual number of people that are staying in the room. I cannot change the extra person rate. I am sorry about the beds, we have not had a major issue with our beds in the past we will look into that matter ASAP.Now, as far as the outlets go, the woman had already been staying prior to your check in. She had just purchased a new cell phone charger from another place and brought it with her on her stay. The charger was in fact the culprit in this case because I provided her with another charger from behind our front desk and she charged her phone over night just fine. She was extremely grateful and very thankful also. The young man had come to the office stating he needed a plunger so I gave him one and he was okay with it. If you had called me from your room or stated at the front desk that you had an issue in your room, someone would have been sent right down there. Lastly, we have a total of 24 channels for our guests currently and we are working to upgrade that channel count to 50 in the near future.

I want to thank you for your feedback that you left us, there may have been some confusion and misunderstanding during you stay and I would like to truly apologize for that. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Gilead hotels

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and efficient. The place is very clean and comfortable! We recommend it to everybody! The location is very convenient. They have made some upgrades which we like very much. The room has just been repainted and looked beautiful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Owner at Knights Inn Mt. Gilead, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Mr Ricardo it was a pleasure serving you throughout your stay and we appreciate your kind words. My staff and I work very hard every day to make sure our guests are satisfied with their stay! Thank you very much.

Contact me directly next time you are in the area again and in need of lodging.

Thanks,
Elmira, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hot water never really got warm. It was way over priced since they had no coffee maker, no shampoo, dead bugs laying around, no kind of breakfast. Went to tell them and asked for partial refund and said no. Could of stayed at very nice place with everything for the price they charged.

Room Tip: Check your room very well before going to bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Knights Inn Mt. Gilead, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Casey,

Thank you very much for leaving feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We are not required by our franchise to provide in room coffee machines and breakfast in the morning anymore. However, we do have coffee in the lobby from 7am to 10am. We also have insect killer sprayed every other month all around the property and this could have been the reason for the dead bugs. I apologize that those were not immediately cleaned up. They are usually swept away a few days after the treatment and I will look into it. Again I am sorry for your inconvenient stay and I invite you to give us another try next time you are travelling through.

Thanks.
Sandston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this motel about 3-4 years ago on a trip up to Buffalo and even though it was not the greatest, for the price and star that the hotel is rated for, it was not a bad deal at all. I decided to stop by on my trip up state because I remembered the town name. To my memory, they have made a lot of renovations, they have larger tv's, new LCD type heaters and i could tell that the rooms had just been painted. The people working there (husband and wife?) are great people. They seem to really care about their business.

If you are looking for a place to stay and dont need to have all the bells and whistles of an upscale hotel then this is perfect!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dan P, Owner at Knights Inn Mt. Gilead, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have upgraded many things in the last couple of years and continue to do so. We are always looking for ways to enhance and upgrade our property.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place is like an old motel....you can drive up to your room and enter your room. Not a bad thing, by any means. When I say old, it also includes the decor and the plumbing. Beds were uncomfortable. The room was clean and I saw no bugs, but it was either cold or hot in the shower - nothing in between.The bedspreads and carpet were old. The prices were very reasonable. We only stayed here because it was close to our destination of Cardington where they have no hotels. I had called the manager twice during the day to advise them of our very late arrival, which I was told was no problem - however, the manager was very nosy about why we were so late when we did get there. He was somewhat condesending - to me, but not to my husband. Room does have a fridge and a microwave. Decent television. It is a place that will do in a pinch but I cannot recommend for any instance other than that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Old stained sheets. Old musty smell. Toilet would notyou flush But plenty of bugs to go around. King suite with no fridge or microwave. Bad place to stay

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Knights Inn Mt. Gilead? Share your experiences!