“What a dive. DO NOT RECOMMENDED. Pretty of ants and bugs” 2 of 5 stars

You added Knights Inn Mt. Gilead to your Saves list
Knights Inn Mt. Gilead
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5898 State Route 95, Mount Gilead, OH 43338   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mount Gilead
“What a dive. DO NOT RECOMMENDED. Pretty of ants and bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Old stained sheets. Old musty smell. Toilet would notyou flush But plenty of bugs to go around. King suite with no fridge or microwave. Bad place to stay

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

For the price of the room the value was great! Fresh well kept and clean room. We also had a mini fridge and microwave in our room.

Overall great motel, will return next year.

• Stayed June 2012
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and kids were traveling to Michigan when we had to stop to get gas. The Manager, Dan of this Knights Inn was there to help us right away. The Manager/Owner seemed like he knew his guests by a first name basis, and the guests knew him as well. When we were checking in, he was checking in two other elderly people, and it seemed like they had been returning guests. We checked into our room in less than 10 minutes and it was a very clean, well kept place. I originally had issues with my internet, but I am also not the most technologically savvy person. The manager himself came out and helped me solve the problem and I had internet on my children's iPods, along with my laptop. I would definitely come back to this motel. It was an inexpensive and clean facility for my family and I. We were very happy with out stay.

Thank you Dan!

Also, we were traveling on interstate 71 for quite some time and the gas prices were much cheaper at this exit. :P.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kent, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

AVOID THIS MOTEL AT ALL COSTS... NO HEAT INTHE COLD, NO HOT WATER, POOR SERVICE, POOR ATTITUDE. We stayed there checked in at 4 am manager had blood shot eyes and 3/4 asleep, rooms had no heat, went to complain manager fell asleep and would not come to desk, slept in our cars for warmth, 3 hours later went to complain and they refused to listen and stated " we have your money too bad:" .... If you want an uncomfortable stay then its for you. we will be contacting attorney generals office, BBB, 60 minutes, 20/20 and anyone else who cares about this issue.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOTEL

Room Tip: Stay Away Go Elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mount Gilead hotels

Mexico Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I made a reservation on May 06, 2011 for three rooms. My family was attending a funeral in Sunbury, Oh. I received my reservation email. In the email it stated I can cancel my reservation by 4pm on May 07, 2011 with no charge. I arrived at 1:15 pm, the manager stated he would let me in the room no earlier than 1/2 hr prior to hotel check in policy @ 3pm. I needed the room to only change into my suit. The manager apologized but said hotel policy. I canceled my rooms and left for the funeral. It was decided that we could stay with family instead of the rooms. Later in the evening I looked at my card transactions and saw that the motel charged my card $203. I called and told them that I canceled my room prior to 4pm. The same manager said he couldnt do anything about it since the motel policy requires a 24 hr notice. I told him that the reservation notice says prior to 4pm. He refused to refund my money. I called Knights Inn customer service and was told they can not over ride the motel decision but would call and ask them to reconsider. I was called back and told the motel refused to reverse the charge. The rep said that they must have made a mistake on my reservation form about the cancellation time. I could see if this place was very busy, but it isnt. Only one car in the parking lot. I tried to do this the right way: I cancelled prior to 4pm, I tried to work it out with hotel manager, I tried to work it out with Knights Inn, to no avail. None of them considered that I didnt use a room, didnt take a room from someone, they suffered no loss, yet they took my money and refuse to return it. This is along the lines of retaliation for complaining, or committing theft and or fraud. I will never stay at this place, I will never support Knight Inn again. However, karma will prevail.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere, but here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
columbus, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

This property is in deplorable condition. I asked to see a room prior to check in and I was shown a room much better than the one we stayed in. Very run down and lacking in maintenance. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Terrible condition of the room.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saalfelden am Steinernen Meer, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Stayed there for a night in August.

Just to sum it up: The reception desk displays two QA awards - one awarded in 91 and the other in 92. Well possible they met quality standards by then, they might even do so now, depending how you define quality.
So, my definition for this place is:

- My room was run-down, paint getting off the bathroom wall.
- Opening the door required running against it
- Really bad smell - I asked for another room, got it - same aroma.
- Air conditioning was extremely loud. Ever tried to sleep next to a running aircraft engine?
- Screens were missing.
- Blankets had red, black and yellow strains on the underside. Upon entering the room, they looked okay.
- Vending machine well filled, but claiming to be empty.

For the price you can't expect much more - 20 bucks more might be a smart investment...

• Liked — Being close to where we needed to go.
  • Disliked — Being run-down
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Mt. Gilead? Share your experiences!