“Second visit....meh.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flour - Rustic Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SOM Center Road
Description: Inspired by the rustic simplicity of Italian cuisine, Chef Paul Minnillo offers Italian food to his new culinary venture in Cleveland, Ohio. From Flour’s larder, he creates his own house-cured meats, hand-crafted artisanal cheeses, pastas, neopolitan wood-fired pizzas and rustic Italian specialities. Flour seeks the freshest locally raised and homegrown products harvested at their seasonal peak. We do offer first come first serve patio seating.
“Second visit....meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to Flour for a business lunch before and wasn't that impressed. We had salads and the Wedding soup which had a very nice flavor. I thought,"I'll try this place again and have the soup again"
I returned there with friends for dinner, I ordered the soup again and the clams and pasta. The soup was tasteless and I am still looking for the clams in my pasta dish!
Since I had raved about the soup,I did not complain in front of my other diners. I will not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Concrete floors and delicious though pricey Italian food made for a nice graduation dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We took our son to Flour to celebrate his high school graduation. Service was slow at first but once our waiter found us it got better. We started with a selection of cheeses - very interesting flavors on excellent flat bread. Two kinds of pasta, a side of eggplant, and a salad were all fresh and all large. Next time we will order the smaller sizes.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PBG
“IT'S HAPPENING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Flour is an exciting place to go, especially on a Saturday night. It was crowded and a little noisy but it was a festive atmosphere. The menu is very eclectic with many different combinations of foods. Everything our table of four tried was very good and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Flour. We also saw a number of friends there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fun atmosphere, great food -- put this on your must-do list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Two friends and I had dinner at Flour and I was impressed by both the wine list and the innovative menu. I will definitely go back, especially in warm weather to enjoy outdoor dining. The place was crowded on a weeknight and the bar looked like a fun place to meet and mingle (next trip). It's great to see the Cleveland suburbs have a greater variety of dining options available -- not everyone wants to go to Tremont to find a great meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Flour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The menu sounded extraordinary with entrees like braised beef marinated in chocolate milk. The food was good, but we did not feel what we ate was extraordinary. We enjoyed the meal with friends who have been in the restaurant business, and we agreed - good, but not extraordinary. Te atmosphere was clean and the decor was modern metal sheen. Service was efficient. In conclusion, we found Flour an average place to eat.

• Visited April 2013