“Pet friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13508 State Route 15, I-80/90 Exit 13 at St Rte 15, Montpelier, OH 43543   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Roanoke
“Pet friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean, fresh rooms. A little outdated in the decor, but worth the money for allowing us to take our pets. We ate in the hotel and had a old fashioned steak dinner, and it was delicious and inexpensive. They let us keep the dogs in our room while we ate, and said they would let us know if they needed us. Very friendly staff, great breakfast also.

Room Tip: We had a king room, non smoking.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever encountered. It was absolutely filthy -- dirty carpets, grunge in the corners, awful smell, dust and fingerprints wherever I looked except the bathroom, which was acceptably clean. Unless I was in the shower or in bed, I kept my shoes on in the room. The whole place looked as though the razing ball was on its way -- and although the staff was pleasant, it just seemed that no one cared. The restaurant was substandard. I had the salad bar but was hard pressed to find enough fresh lettuce to make a salad among the browned vegetables. It was picked over and like the rest of the hotel, tired. The best thing about it was the location, which was where I ran out of steam on the first day of a 1,000 mile drive. I recommend avoiding this Ramada unless you have no other options.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Montpelier hotels

Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this Ramada for a wedding. The rooms need updating very badly. The carpet is from the 60s or 70s and I'm not sure they cleaned the toilets. Gross but cost effective if you're on a budget.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My fiance and I stayed in a room that had a queen bed with jacuzzi which was very nice. Everything about our room was awesome. The service was great. The food at the lobby however was terrible. I will definetely consider staying at another Ramada. The pool and hot tub were awesome. They had a live band playing at their bar by their lobby which was neat. We really enjoyed our stay. Beds were comfortable which is why we slept in and didn't try their free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before, and I had the very same experience again this trip. The hotel management double charged my credit card twice for the same bill, even though this bill was paid in full by the host of the event when I checked out. Same thing happened last time I stayed, and they told me it was an error that they would rectify immediately. It took almost 6 weeks before they released the hold placed on my card. With it happening again this trip, I have a feeling that this is a bad habit of this hotel. Imagine, three charges for the same bill, and it takes them weeks to release the funds back to my card. In addition, the drains do not work, the pillows suck, and the room was not very clean. In fact the bathroom floor was so dirty your feet stuck to the floor. I'll never stay there again, and I cannot recommend this place to anyone.
R. Timmerman

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Keaau, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

During a cross country trip we stayed at the Ramada Conference Ctr. in Bryan/Montpelier, Ohio. The price was right, they accepted our dog & cat, the room was directly by the door which made loading and unloading easy, but the room was shabby and the bathroom was less than acceptable. The hair dryer was broken in half, and there was no fan. No fan! Who doesn't have a fan in the bathroom?!? There was also mold in the grout on the tub. It looked like there was a water leak at some point in the bedroom as one wall had a large drippy looking warped area, although it was completely dried. The staff was friendly, checking in & out was no problem, and the hotel is close to the highway. The bathroom was a real deal breaker for me, however, since I'm the only girl in a family of 3 men (husband & 2 sons). There is a restaurant, but since it closes at 3 on Sundays and then you can't get room service. There were several little diners across the street plus 2 gas stations, which was convenient. Not sure if there was a pool. I smelled chlorine but since the cleanliness was iffy, we didn't let the kids swim.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

rooms and bathrooms were clean. Staff friendly and responsive, even at late check in (after midnight). Very convenient to I80/90. Only complaint is that other guests were rather loud well past midnight (this was a friday night). Not hotel's fault, except walls are a bit thin.
We ate b'fast at diner across the road instead of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center

Address: 13508 State Route 15, I-80/90 Exit 13 at St Rte 15, Montpelier, OH 43543
Location: United States > Ohio > Montpelier
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Montpelier Hotel And Conference Center Ohio
Montpelier Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Montpelier Hotel and Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.