“Great Hotel Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Monroe Inn

You added Best Western Monroe Inn to your Saves list
Best Western Monroe Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   40 New Garver Road, Monroe, OH 45050 (Formerly Monroe Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Martinsville, West Virginia
“Great Hotel Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a very nice hotel for our family of 8. We booked three rooms and were pleased with all three! Very clean, and the staff of the hotel were very nice. The breakfast was fine, with scrambled egg patties, sausage, bacon, cold cereal, coffee, fruit and much more. But if you wanted to, you could just walk over to McDonalds which is right beside the hotel. We were very happy with this inn and the price and would definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jigisha S, Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello, I wan to thank you for taking time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very happy to hear about your stay. It was our pleasure to serve you and to make sure your stay was a pleasant one. Once again, I want to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our second stay at Best Western Monroe Inn. Very clean. Great shower. Friendly staff that could benefit from "empowerment" training! No complaints, just a friendly suggestion. Beds are comfortable but starting to feel signs of wear in the coil. This hotel has everything we needed. Front clerk directed us to local italian eatery that was outstanding. Unfortunatley, I can't remember the name but located down the road in a strip mall. We will continue to stay here when visiting Monroe. Thank you for another short, but comfortable stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello, I wan to thank you for taking time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very happy to hear about your stay and want to say thank you for the advise . It was our pleasure to serve you and to make sure your stay was a pleasant one. Once again, I want to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Edison, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better facility away from home on family trip. Peter and entire staff made you feel at home by their friendliness, eagerness to help and attention to detail. The rooms were spared no attention to detail, on point!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I travel to Monroe every year to go to the Flea Markets. I had made a mistake an had booked a smoking room. I have been smoke free for 4 months and my wife is a non smoker. We arrivd at 3:30pm and witnessed a man beig rude to the manager about wanting to see the room before he paid for it. She was very professional and after dealing with that guy I told her of my booking a smoking room by mistake. She said no problem and gave us a non smoking room. The room was very clean and breakfast in the morning was great. My wife and I will be staying at Best Western in Monroe from now on not just because the accomidations were great but because of the manager,Jigi Shah. We had traveled from Virginia and were road tired and she made us feel at ease and like we were home away from home. Alfred & Beth Eichler,Jonesville.Virginia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jigisha S, Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello, I want to thank you for taking time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very pleased to hear about your stay. Here at Best Western we take great pride in making sure our guests have comfortable stay with us. Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This motel was formerly a Hampton Inn. It is understaffed. In the morning it appears one man kept the front desk and the breakfast room. The breakfast room was not kept clean. The food choices were limited. The egg patties were cold and dry. The pastries and bread choices were very limited. They need to work on the breakfast choices and service. No waffle maker, but had a pancake maker which I did not try. Our original room had a toilet that would not shut off and a sewage odor in the bathroom. After a second trip to the front desk we were given a room change. No problems with the second room. The man at the front desk was helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tualatin, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were looking for a convenient yet affordable hotel to stay for our son's wedding at Lake Lyndsey, Ohio. After researching several establishments we chose BW-Monroe Inn. It was very clean, staff very personable, breakfast small (same every day) luckily a McDonald's is next door and convenient for us. We did have a small problem our first night. When turning down the bed we happened upon large stains on the sheets. We called down to the front desk and they immediately sent a sweet night clerk up to completely re-make our bed and apologized. That was the only inconvenience we had during our entire 4 day stay. We had other family members stay here during this time and they too had no problems, in fact when we checked in a day prior to our son and grandchildren we asked if they could put them in a room close to our and they were right across the hall. very convenient for us grandparents!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello, I wan to thank you for taking time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very happy to hear about your stay. It was our pleasure to serve you and making sure your stay was wonderful. Once again, I wan to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.
West Union, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I know that I am late in writing this review, but I must say that my husband and I totally enjoyed our stay at the Best Western on May 9th in Monroe, Ohio. We were greeted with smiles and a welcome as soon as we entered the front door. The general manager JiJi and her assistant ( I believe it was Wanda) were just great. At check-in we were told to come back down and enjoy some evening refreshments (I was really impressed when it was hot dogs, chips, salsa, and dessert (a combination of muffins, cookies and brownies). The hot dogs had home made chili (scrumptous!) and the tea was some of the best I have ever tasted. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only problem we had was we didn't know how to adjust the thermostat (that was our fault)! The next morning we had breakfast before we left and my husband really liked the pancakes. We were on our way to Michigan to see our new grand baby. I feel sure we will be staying again in the not so distant future. Thanks to everyone for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jigisha S, General Manager at Best Western Monroe Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello, I want to thank you for taking your time and writing a review for Best Western Monroe Inn. I am very happy to hear that you liked our service, night snacks and breakfast. Here at Best Western we take great pride on servicing our guests. Once again, I want to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Been to Best Western Monroe Inn? Share your experiences!