“Nice stay, great service and AMAZING food” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off Weekday Stays
Ranked #5 of 14 Millersburg B&B and Inns
Presque Isle, Maine
“Nice stay, great service and AMAZING food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Last year we were married on the lower floor at the Inn so we decided to go back for our one year anniversary. We started by checking into our room in the underground Honeycombs which are quite modern and very comfortable. Overall I would give the room a 4 out of 5. Our dining experience at the Terragon restaurant was perfect, the duck and fillet were the best food either of us have had in a long time. I would have liked to have had our bread before our soup and salad but if that is the only complaint then life isn't too rough. We were seated by what turned out to be the new Director of Sales, Craig Lipton. After dinner he opened up the room where we were married and left us to enjoy a nice glass of wine. His service oriented attitude can only be described as top notch. We will be going back next year and for years to come

Room Tip: We have stayed in the cabin and in the Honeycombs, it is a special occasion then I suggest springing...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Zanesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We spent two nights at The Inn at Honey Run and we both decided it was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in! We stayed in one of the Honeycomb rooms which are a very unique concept where the rooms are actually built underground except for one side which has a beautiful view overlooking the valley below. Because you are almost in a "cave-like" setting it is the quietest place we have ever stayed. We heard no one else on either side of us and there are no rooms above you~usually when you stay somewhere you hear water running from showers,doors slamming, people talking, etc. but we felt like we had the place all to ourselves because it was so quiet! We loved the fireplace and flat screen blu ray TV but by far the best feature of the room was the huge, soft bed!!! It was like sleeping on a cloud...soft but not so soft that you sunk down and couldn't get back up again. There was a continental breakfast included with the room both mornings and it is very nice but light~a plate of assorted fruit, either coffee or tea, orange or cranberry juice, assorted pastries and muffins and your choice of either oats with brown sugar, raisins and milk on the side or vanilla yogurt with granola on the side. I liked the yogurt best. We ate dinner there the second night and it was quite good, also. I had the pork mignon and pork belly with mashed sweet potates and vegetables and my fiance' had the pasta penne. Both were very good. We had our choice of either a small cesar salad or a field green salad which we both got. My fiance' liked his but I felt there was too much dressing on it~I always like to put on my own dressing because I don't like as much as most people. We took dessert back to our room for later which consisted of 4 cookies~they were good but nothing spectacular. There are lots of trails to hike on the property but it was pretty cold so we didn't get to do that this time. That will give us an excuse to go back again when the weather is warmer!!!

Room Tip: It was decorated beautifully for Christmas~I think I counted at least 5 trees decorated for the holi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Everything was perfect. From check in to check out, the staff was pleasant, attentive and professional. Our room was very quiet, large, clean and had the amenities to make it feel like a home away from home. The public rooms were attractive and in the process of being decorated for the Christmas season. With the inn's setting in the midst of rolling hills and trees, being able to look out of any window to view the birds attracted by the numerous feeders was a very nice treat. We'll be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

wonderful place to chill...cozy and private, amazing food, nice spa, beautiful location. Honeycombs are the bomb, fireplace and porch overlooking valley is awesome. Short scenic drive from PGH. We happened to stay to last year thru an online deal, loved it...got another deal and stayed again...nice to stay different times of year and see change in foliage. I am a super city girl..and this place rocks, truly....worth eyeballing!

Room Tip: Honeycombs are cooler than the rooms in the main building...my opinion having stayed at both...or if...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
leroy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We have visited Honey Run for the last 15 years and just when you think it can't get better, it does. The recent renovation of the newly named restaurant Tarragon definitely makes this a wothwhile stop in Ohio's Amish Country. The new decor and new menu by Chef Fetty creates a very upscale dining experience. The Director of Dining Services Wyatt and his excellent wait staff are very attentive and friendly. Their attention to detail makes for a very pleasurable dining experience.
We have stayed in the Honeycombs and have found them to be comfortable and quiet. A perfect place to get away. Whether you are going to stay overnight or just to dine at Tarragon be sure to walk the grounds. They have many trails to explore. A more spectacular setting you will not find.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairborn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just stayed in a Honeycomb room for a couple of nights and it was very nice. The bed was comfy and the eastern view of the countryside was wonderful. There was a short lighted trail to the main complex along the hillside. We actually managed to sit on the walkout patio for a bit despite the cold weather. The room had a flat screen with Dish service and a DVD player (not listed anywhere), a Keurig coffee machine, a mini-fridge (not listed) and WiFi. The gas fireplace was wonderful. However we would have appreciated a dresser or drawers (only wire shelves now) to store our clothes. But in a $200 room the housekeeping should be better. There were many paint chips in the bathroom especially around the towel bars. There was dust on most surfaces at chest level and above. The shelf with the up light near the fire place was very dusty with dead insects (and may have kicked up my allergies.) The filter screen on the hair dryer was almost half filled with lint. I'd suggest that a review of housekeeping procedures and location descriptions in needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayfield Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I received a gift certificate for a birthday present and finally made a reservation almost 2 years later. Unfortunately our baby sitter cancelled on us the day before we were supposed to go, so my husband and I decided we would just take our youngest son with us. I called to possibly change our room, or at least see about paying the extra (as it states on the website). When I called and explained our situation the girl who answered the phone asked how old our son is and I told her 9. She informed me that children under 12 were not allowed. I told her that it doesnt say that anywhere on the website. Then I said well that I guess I will need to cancel. I was not too happy to think that I was going to lose our $50 deposit. Then she told me that it would actually cost us the entire price of the room because they needed 24 hour notice. I was quite shocked and she offered to let me speak to her supervisor. I explained the situation to the supervisor and that the website doesnt say anything about age,she told me that it was "irrelevant". She was very matter of fact and unsympathetic to our unfortunate situation. when I hung up with her and talked to my husband we realized that it was over 27 hour notice that we were giving. He called back and asked the same girl what time check in was and how much notice they needed. Check in was at 4 and they needed 24 hour notice to cancel. She recommended that he speak to her supervisor. The supervisor explained that she was being nice by letting us pay with our gift certificate because they should have charged our card. We faxed over the gift certificate. I didnt feel like they were being nice at all. We have 3 children I work 3 jobs and my husband works 2. My brother and sister in law were trying to give us a nice break. I was very saddened about the way this was handled. We met the requirement of proper cancellation, I dont understand. I think they should read and correct their site so no one else has a similar experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
honeyrun, Owner at The Inn at Honey Run, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We feel that we more than adequately present our cancellation policy. It is available on our website under our policies page. We also place the policy in all reservation confirmation letters and we verbally present it during the reservation. The policy is as follows:

Cancellation within 10 days of arrival date of the reservation will result in the forfeiture of the full deposit. Cancellations within 24 hours of your arrival date will result in the forfeiture of the entire stay including any packages purchased.

We do adhere to this policy out of fairness to all guests, and we typically do not make concessions within the 24 hour period. As a compromise, we offered to use your gift certificate instead of charging your credit card for the full amount as we were sorry to hear you would not be able to join us for your intended getaway. We apologize that this compromise did not meet your needs.

Been to The Inn at Honey Run? Share your experiences!