“Great stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Museums, Farms, Ranch & Farm
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a great stop while we very driving around Amish Country. They have a great gift shop and Bakery. We did not tour the home but we bought from the bakery, which is on an honor system, you box your own goods and use the money box to pay for your items. We left some additional money of course and the goods were amazing! I would advise anyone to stop here and take a look. Fee to tour the home is nominal but don't remember what it cost.

Visited August 2013

Kittanning, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was a nice tour. I enjoyed the barn the best and seeing the animals. Staff was friendly. We are familiar with Amish community already and I enjoyed learning about their schools. Which I had limited knowledge about before this visit. Part of the tour was seeing two young ladies baking, which sucks you into buying bake goods! Simply because you can't walk away from the wonderful smell. The bake goods where very cheap and on the honor system. A wonderful and relaxing time.

Visited May 2014
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Would recommend. Staff wonderful and insightful. Only did the house and barn tour but have a great time and learned a lot. Loved that that had fresh bakery items for sale ON A HONOR SYSTEM. A must if you want to learn about the Amish.

Visited June 2014
Mechanicsville
19 attraction reviews
“Memorial Day weekend 5/24/2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I travelled to Zanesville, Ohio to visit our really close friends. One of the attractions listed for us to do on Saturday was visit the Yoder Amish Home. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I can truthfully say it was way more than expected. We took the four part tour (Homes, barn, school and buggy ride)
Our guide was tremendous and very knowledgeable and we were amazed at what we saw and the insight he gave to the lifestyles of the Amish. All the people were very friendly and courteous.

Visited May 2014
Ravenna, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“must take the tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I visited and took advantage of the tour and buggy ride that is offered. Great chance to see and amish home,school and farm while learning more about the amish culture and ways of life followed by a chance to see the animal and take a buggy ride

Visited April 2013