“Wonderful Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Johnson City, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Would recommend. Staff wonderful and insightful. Only did the house and barn tour but have a great time and learned a lot. Loved that that had fresh bakery items for sale ON A HONOR SYSTEM. A must if you want to learn about the Amish.

Visited June 2014

Mechanicsville
19 attraction reviews
“Memorial Day weekend 5/24/2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I travelled to Zanesville, Ohio to visit our really close friends. One of the attractions listed for us to do on Saturday was visit the Yoder Amish Home. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I can truthfully say it was way more than expected. We took the four part tour (Homes, barn, school and buggy ride)
Our guide was tremendous and very knowledgeable and we were amazed at what we saw and the insight he gave to the lifestyles of the Amish. All the people were very friendly and courteous.

Visited May 2014
Ravenna, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“must take the tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I visited and took advantage of the tour and buggy ride that is offered. Great chance to see and amish home,school and farm while learning more about the amish culture and ways of life followed by a chance to see the animal and take a buggy ride

Visited April 2013
25 attraction reviews
“Very neat place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I toured the homes, barn, school and did the Amish buggy ride. The young girl who did our tour through the homes, was very informative and sweet. It was very neat learning more about the Amish couture! Also loved buying treats in the store at the bottom of the more modern Amish home. The soup and bread was amazing! The cookies too ;) the barn was neat seeing the huge horses! The school tour was okay, nothing too special. Really enjoyed the Amish buggy ride. Our driver was very nice and talkative. Would really recommend this establishment!

Temperance, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“Informative, but Terrible Conditions for Animals & Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I found this farm while driving around Holmes County. We decided to stop and buy the combo tickets that included everything - a tour of the house, a buggy ride and the school house. The house portion was informative and interesting. Our guide grew up Amish but is currently a Mennonite. She was very kind and I enjoyed getting to know her a little. The school house is not original. I liked looking at typical school books that Amish children use, but this part of the tour was not worth the extra money. The buggy ride was just sad - it was a hot day and the flies were brutal. Our horse was hot, tired, and being constantly bit by flies. Water was not available for the horses. Ours kept on trying to stop, and although our driver kept pushing her on, I asked him to cut the ride short. The barn was also concerning to me, as all of the animals were in tiny, filthy pens without food or water. What had started out as an informative, interesting tour left me feeling incredibly sad and worried. I would not recommend and I would not return.
If you don't mind animal abuse and would still like to go, I would suggest just buying the house tour ticket. You get to see the original house, the newer home, the barn and the grounds - the schoolhouse isn't worth it and the buggy ride is a few circles around a field with a tired horse.

Visited September 2013