“Not bad if you're just passing through.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Millbury - Toledo

You added Super 8 Millbury - Toledo to your Saves list
Super 8 Millbury - Toledo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3491 Latcha Road - 80/90 Turnpike Exit 71, Extended Stay Programs, Millbury, OH 43447   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Millbury
Troy, Ohio
“Not bad if you're just passing through.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My significant other and I stayed here for one night (in the king efficiency studio) when we were on our way to Toledo. We booked it mainly because it said online that it was right off the interstates of 80/90. Well, when we got there we realized it's actually on a very poorly taken care of road and it kind of out in the middle of nowhere. It's clearly a spot for truckers as demonstrated by the travel centers just down the street (a Loves and a Pilot) and the little bar/lounge that is in the back parking lot of the hotel. We didn't have an issues with noise from the trucks/drivers though. The front desk attendant was super friendly and very personable with us during the check in/out process. Our room was about what you'd expect from a Super 8 and we did enjoy that there was a mini fridge and microwave in it since I know many economy-priced hotels don't have these. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was completely picked over by the time we got there (about 45 minutes before it closed). There was literally one piece of bread left, two halves of one broken waffle, and the apple juice was very watered down. The coffee was ok though. We ended up just eating at the Dennys nearby so that worked, but it would've been nice if there had actually been enough food at the continental breakfast for all the guests to enjoy. Overall, we'd probably stay here again if we're just passing through the area and need a bed/hot shower, but we likely wouldn't make plans in advanced to stay here if we have that option in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
THOMAS N, General Manager at Super 8 Millbury - Toledo, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I can't tell you how important this type of review is for us. We are totally changing our rooms, with new mattresses and springs, all new linens that are higher quality and much much more. We would like this to become a property that Guests plan to come to and not one that is just a quick stop over for a so so room. I would also like to apologize for our lack of breakfast it should be completely full from our hours of 6am to 9am and I have talked to staff and I am working hard that this does not keep happening. Thank you so much for your time, it is a time when so many are so busy and this is the feedback that I need to improve. Please try us again! Our staff is working very hard on all our improvements.
Thanks again,
Valerie Basham, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Carpet hasn't been vacuumed in a while, mold all over bathroom, hair, dirt and bugs in corners, very gross! Dirty finger prints on everything. Only stayed because I needed some sleep on my long travels.

• Stayed June 2014
I am so sorry that this was the condition of the room you received at our property. Please be assured I am personally looking into this. Clean - no matter what should be a priority and the state of this room is by no means what we want for our Guests. Again I can only apologize and tell you I am glad that you have taken the time to bring this to my attention.
Valerie Basham, GM

Travelers are raving about these Millbury hotels

Mount Carroll, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am not a frequent traveler, so I look for all things that make me comfortable. The location was a bit off the main road, but it was a very good find. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was top notch! Overall it was very clean and well located and had all the comforts of home..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
It seems we all have busy schedules these days, so thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback - it is always helpful.
Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I booked this motel because I have a very limited budget for a college theatre tour of the midwest and this location was very affordable, especially for two nights. I hoped with all of my heart that the negative reviews were just over doing it, but I am afraid the negative out ways the positive here.

First, we checked in late. That was fine, but the clerk seemed to be irritated with working here. He complained about the outdated computer equipment and basically everything about his job. At night, from the outside, the motel looks fine, but inside the rooms it is a different story!

Upon entry, I noticed the bed, One side was touching the floor: the mattress was broken and had fallen through the frame. The linens were old and stained. There were large webs in the corners of the ceilings with bugs caught in them, Our "mini-suite" contained furniture too big for the room and you couldn't reach certain things like the hangers. There were NO exposed outlets for charging electronics except where the microwave was: several feet from the bed. The TV was very old and would come back on several times when turned off. The floors were very dirty and then there was the bathroom...

Dirty, dirty floor and walls. Crushed bugs on the walls and behind the doors. The tub/shower was disgusting and the sink did not drain. The towels are either very cheap or very old or both! Nasty! The air vent was full of webs and dust! Housekeeping should be ashamed.

I know everyone says that you "get what you paid for," but I think that is just wrong. You should always strive to be your best, no matter what!

Room Tip: Find another motel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
thomasn958, Owner at Super 8 Millbury - Toledo, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Each room at our Millbury, OH, hotel offers time-saving amenities, including access to guest laundry facilities. We offer free 8-item SuperStart breakfast bonanza every morning and a lounge area for your gaming pleasure. Check email or make updates to your travel plans with free Wi-Fi Internet access from the comfort of your room. Free parking is available for all vehicles, and we are a pet-friendly hotel. Non-smoking rooms and Jacuzzi suites are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Left the Super 8 pleased from driving a long trip back to Florida. Saw this hotel in the those green guide books I picked up at the travel centers and got every penny worths. The place looks remodeled with fresh paint from the outside and the front desk staff treated me good after driving for so long. Will defiantly come back and you can tell they care for the guest from the reviews that have been responding. Super 8 has castes my vote to return next time I pass Millbury Ohio. One thing that was accommodating is the spacious truck lot that my buddy passed by and recommended me to stay at which is why I am glad I did.

• Stayed May 2014
THOMAS N, Owner at Super 8 Millbury - Toledo, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank You for your KIND review. We encourage you to visit us again in the near future and Experience Our Brand New Rooms, Lobby, LCD TV's and much much more!!!!! Enjoy!

Been to Super 8 Millbury - Toledo? Share your experiences!