“Great for a quick stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Cedar Point South

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Cedar Point South to your Saves list
Quality Inn Cedar Point South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11020 Milan Road, I-80/90 & 250N, Milan, OH 44846 (Formerly Comfort Inn Cedar Point South)   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Milan
“Great for a quick stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We recently stayed here on a weekend trip to Cedar Point. We reserved the room with 3 double beds and a roll away. I had never seen a room with 3 double beds that wasn't a suite so it was a nice surprise not to have to get 2 rooms. Check in was quick and we were in the second building. The roll away bed was in our room when we arrived. The room was large and clean. Nothing fancy but all we needed was a place to sleep and shower. Tub drained a bit slower but nothing we couldn't handle. I'm not convinced the beds were even standard sized but more like twin and half. Pillows were a bit small too. Breakfast was average. Biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, eggs,typical waffle maker, cereal and pastries available. More fruit or yogurt would have been a nice addition. We didn't use the pool but found a t shirt and flip flop laying on the sidewalk. They were there for two days we were there. Maybe staff needs to walk the property to look for items or trash occasionally? Overall it was an average hotel stay and clean for a quick weekend trip to Cedar Point.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that, overall, your stay was enjoyable and particularly happy to hear that the three-bed room met your needs.

You are absolutely correct in your comment/suggestion that the stay should be walking the property on a regular basis. This is an expectation we have with them but because of your comments, we will certainly do some retraining and coaching in this area.

We know that you have a lot of lodging choices and appreciate the fact that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you back again in the future and, please, don't hesitate to let us know personally at the hotel if there's anything we can do to make your stay the most enjoyable possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atkinson, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This Choice Hotel property started out friendly as soon as I approached Scott at the registration desk. After nine hours of driving I just wanted to check-in and get us all to our room. Check-in was accomplished quickly and courteously. I joked that if he needed my automobile registration number, I'd have to go out to get it. I was immediately told that that wouldn't be necessary and then I was checked-in. A short time later as I was returning to the hotel from my parked car I noticed Scott and the other clerk taking a little break. I intruded on their time to ask about local, reasonably priced restaurants. They were both extremely informative about where I could find what I was looking for. I was never made to feel like I had interrupted their "me" time. In addition, as I was leaving my room on a trip out to my car, the housekeeper was diligently cleaning the room next door and I requested some additional shampoos for my room. I wanted them because we are travelling with our two granddaughters and they both have long hair. I didn't have to explain my request, I just got a "sure, go ahead" response. So, I guess that "friendly" describes the staff at this property to a "t."

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your very kind and informative five-star rating and review of your recent stay with us. It's SO gratifying to hear when guests have such a positive impression of our hotel and of our staff. It makes all of the energy we put into training and making our product the best it can be so worthwhile.

We're grateful that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon. Until then, safe travels and happy summer!
Helenville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for three nights for a Cedar Point trip. Check in was rough. The first room we were given hadn't been cleaned. We told the girl at the front desk, who sent us to a different room. That room had someone in it, so we quickly shut the door and then asked for a third room, which was clean and unoccupied.

The room had white comforters, which was nice. It was also really clean, and free of bed bugs, which was a concern because I read reviews of several other area hotels that did have them. Can't complain at all about cleanliness. There wasn't a microwave or fridge in the room though, which was inconvenient, because we were there for three days. Breakfast was good though, and had more of a selection than some hotel breakfasts. One other strange thing about our room was that it was supposed to have two queen beds, but one bed was a lot smaller than the other, maybe the size of a double.

One other minor issue was the lack of security. The back door locks didn't need a key, they just opened, so theoretically anyone could come in. Windows around pool were also left open most of the night. This hotel is in a nicer area, so it really isn't that much of a problem, but some extra security would be nice. We didn't have any problems with noise, but we also didn't go to sleep until midnight.

Overall, this hotel was very clean, in a good location, and served its purpose for our trip. The only reason I would not stay there would be if it was a stay for several night, because then the lack of fridge/microwave would be a problem. If this hotel got some updates, it would be really great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent stay with us. We're pleased that, overall, you enjoyed your stay, the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the nice breakfast spread we have to offer. I apologize for the rough start with check-in problems. As hard as we try, there are times when mistakes happen and we try to recover as best we can from them. Your comments about the fridge and microwave are also helpful as they help us to better know what our guests truly appreciate in their stay and what is most important to them.

I'm not sure what to say with the bed size issue. We actually don't have any queen-sized beds at this property--all of them are either kings (and only one king in a room) or rooms with two double beds. Again, I apologize for this misunderstanding.

We know that you have a lot of choice of where to stay and we're glad you chose to do so with us. We hope you'll come back and visit with us again in the near future!
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Got this hotel at the last minute and although I frequent this area often I have never stayed here. Found the room clean, bathroom was spotless. A few burn holes in the bed cover even though this was a non-smoking room. But otherwise the room seemed ok. I didn't do breakfast so can't comment on that. Biggest issue was the slamming doors. All the door closures allowed the doors to slam shut. So when I was trying to sleep in......it was impossible to do so with the noise from the doors.

Room Tip: I was in the back building and on the upper floor. All the doors on this floor seemed to allow the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you found the room clean and comfortable.

In terms of the doors slamming...this is actually by order of the State Fire Marshall. Hotel room doors must automatically close and latch without applying any pressure to them. This is obviously to prevent the spread of fire from room to room or room to hallway. It is an annoyance, but it is also the law.

Lastly, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area in the future!
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Entrance very nice with chandelier and winding stair case. Furniture in rooms are dated, but room is very spacious. No flat screen TV, microwave, or refrigerator in room. Would not stay more than one night. Evening clerk, Brea not focused charges stay to wrong credit card, even though she was told immediately upon arrival which card to use. Day clerk Scott very pleaseant and helpful.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. We are working to make improvements to this property and your comments are certainly very timely. We will use your case as a training tool for our front desk staff and real-world situations like this help us to continue to improve our training and our staffs' attention to detail.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you'll choose to do so in the future and witness, first-hand, our commitment to continuous quality improvement!
Newquay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Worst stay I've ever had, we were meant to leave Monday morning and ended up leaving Sunday night. House keeping was disgusting, We had two double beds, one for me and my fiance and one for our 4 year old. Two day in a row I complained they hadn't made my daughters bed, third day it was made but there was food on the floor ( they hadn't vacuumed), and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned ( there was shaving foam and bubbles still in the tub). Breakfast, all juices were gone by 8.30 and most food unless you wanted waffles. Plus the T.V had wavy lines on it. Bath mats were frayed and had holes in, and yes I did contact reception, who seemed to not really know what to do, not even an apology. Also on check out they went to charge me again when I'd paid in advance, and my bill had someone elses credit card number on. Also if you are in the second block there is no reception on WiFi and the main entrance to the block is always open, so anyone can walk in and house keeping wedge all the doors open on the whole floor while cleaning.

Room Tip: If you are staying, stay in the main block if you want WiFi
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the problems you encountered during your stay. This is certainly not the standard that we have set for our staff or for our guests and your comments will be taken seriously and remedied immediately. There's no reason to expect anything less than a clean, comfortable, safe experience at our hotel and this is the expectation we have set for many, many years.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I really do apologize and hope that you'll give us another opportunity in the future to prove our commitment to continuous quality improvement. We WANT to EARN your trust back!
Muncie, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Decent hotel with a good staff and an above average hot breakfast. Close to several restaurants. If updated, this place could be extremely nice. As it stands, it is just a little above average but has fantastic potential.

J.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our great breakfast spread and also that you appreciate the potential that our hotel has to offer. We continue to look for ways to improve our physical facilities as well as our amenities. Your comments are motivation to keep working on refining and improving the product to our guests.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to our area!

Been to Quality Inn Cedar Point South? Share your experiences!