“probably not again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Cedar Point South

You added Quality Inn Cedar Point South to your Saves list
Quality Inn Cedar Point South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11020 Milan Road, I-80/90 & 250N, Milan, OH 44846 (Formerly Comfort Inn Cedar Point South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Milan
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“probably not again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a night on our way to North Dakota. I was a little nervous after reading the other reviews. I can say that I didn't have as bad of an experience as some of the other reviewers, however, I would probably try a different hotel if staying near Sandusky again. The room was non-smoking but it likely was a smoking room in the past as it still had that stale cigarette smoke odor. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that the bed sheets were not clean, they were very wrinkled, which at the very least gave the illusion that unclean bed sheets were a possibility. And the floor was not vaccumed. Cleanliness is definitely not a priority. All that being said, my husband didn't think it was bad at all so go figure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to relate your recent experience at our hotel. Although it seems that we fell short of the mark in satisfying your needs and expectations, we're extremely appreciative of the fact that you were willing to let us know where we continue to make improvements. Perhaps you'll give us another chance to prove our continuous commitment to quality customer service on your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Harrisburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I will not go into details, but please please check your room BEFORE you choose to stay. Our stay was horrific, enough said :( Not happy with the way management handled the situation either. Put it this way, will stay clear of this establishment.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel--however, without more specific details, I'm not sure that I can appropriately respond to your dis-satisfaction. We hope that, whatever the problem was, that you will treat the situation as isolated and that you'll give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future!
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I read the reviews before we any hotels and although I did see some not great reviews I did see some very good ones and decided it was worth the chance. We were booking 2 rooms for ourselves and we were with other people that in all our group had 6 rooms. I found the rooms to be basic, OK for cleanliness(not great not bad). Hair was in all the drains of all the bathtubs so when we bathed the kids I stuffed the drain with a facecloth so that wasn't backing up into their water. Staff-blah-not friendly. As we checked in my son asked to use the washroom and she corrected him and said "bathroom?" Although the pool room was freshly painted and new patio furniture which was nice-the band around the hot tub and pool were gross black and the hot tub was not filled so it chugged and sputtered-we all commented we would be surprised if the motor didn't burn out. There were never more than a few pool towels at any time which brings me to my biggest complaint. After the pool we went up to shower our kids before bed and I sent my 18 yr old son down to get 6 towels. He came back and said that we couldn't have them unless we brought the dirty onesback!! What! Are you kidding me? I am paying for 2 rooms and in order to get some clean towels I have to bring some back. So I carried my dripping wet towels down to front desk. I don't have a problem if they want to send someone up to my room to gather towels but I am paying for maid service with the room and to not be able to get clean towels at the pool or the room is not satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Hello and thank you for relating your recent experience with our hotel and staff. I'm glad that you found much of your stay satisfactory--and appreciate the very balanced review. However, I'm disappointed in the level of service that you received and, I agree, that it is NOT what we expect from our staff. We will be using your comments to work with our staff to better hone their customer service skills as well as to work with our housekeeping department to pay greater attention to detail. Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to be able to serve your needs BETTER in the future!
Hopedale, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The outside of this hotel is it's best feature, My family and I recently visited Sandusky & stayed for 2 incredibly disappointing nights. Unfortunately the hotel had already charged my bank account for 2 nights since we were late arrivals or we would have left!! When we arrived our room was freezing and the carpet, furniture, bedding you name it was damp & the room smelled musty, the front desk did move us to another romm to find it warmer less damp but the bathroom was a mess not to mention the dirty floors! Yuck!From the disgusting filth to the extremely rude staff our stay was a horrible one the 16th & 17th of August we were not the only family to be disappointed and suprised at the Manager's behavior, the breakfast area was a mess, tables, floors & food counters all filthy, not to mention the food was gone by 8:30 and it clearly states times for breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30. I checked out with the Hotel manager on the 18th to get yet more ignorant comments from her. After returning home I called and spoke to the manager because they of course charged my 2 day stay 4 times, she told me it was the banks problem not hers and didn't have time to do my banking for me, very unprofessional. Needles to say I will never be back & of course will warn all of my friends and family to stay away from the Quality Inn Cedar Point South.

Room Tip: Stay away from this Hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the problems you encountered during your stay at our hotel property. I am VERY disappointed in the experience you shared and apologize for all of the problems that you seemed to encounter. Your comments, however, help us to strive toward continuous improvement and will provide a real-world training example for our staff on improving their performance. I hope that you treat this as an isolated incident and allow us to prove our commitment to quality customer service in the future!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

even though choicehotels screwed up my reservation your employee (wish i could remember her name), was professional and so efficient in getting me a room and helping me out. i pass through that way on a regular basis and any time i stop out there i will stay at this hotel because of her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to rate your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry that Choice Hotels made a mistake on your reservation but am very happy to hear that our staff was able to get the situation resolved for you. I'm also very happy to hear that you'll stay with us again in the future. Until then, safe travels!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

First, let me state that we stayed here last year around the same time while visiting the area and we had no problems besides the staff not being very friendly. We were in the main hotel last year so that may have been why it was better. This year we were in the back building that is detached from the main one. We came in and the room was fine, definitely a little out dated, but we figured it would do for the night. I sat on the bed and looked around and noticed there were white stains on the top bedspread, the blue one. It didn't take long to realize what those stains were and I was disgusted. I threw it off and figuredit was just something they missed. Then I noticed hair on the next white blanket, and not just hair it was definitely pubic hair which was absolutely gross. I was grateful that the sheets looked clean and I had brought my own blanket for the trip. I had no other problems until I went to go grab some ice and noticed that there was mold on the ice bucket! Also my husband mentioned when he checked in and out the lady at the front desk was not polite at all, no thank you, nothing. This will be the last time we stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to relate your recent experience at our hotel. I'm an extremely disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered but your letting us know will help us to strive (as we always do) for continuous improvement. I hope that you'll treat this as an isolated incident and give us another chance to prove our committment to quality and customer service should your travels bring you to our area again. Again, my sincere apologies!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Had a horrible experience at another hotel across the street which was unsanitary, cigarette smoke in a non smoking building with doors proped open with loud music. Left to come to Quality Inn and the service was expeditious, courteous with quality rooms and reasonable price. I recommend hotel too any one who wants great service. Ask for Jen she will take good care of you!

• Stayed August 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at that our staff was customer-focused and met your needs. We hope to welcome you back again during your next visit to our area!

Been to Quality Inn Cedar Point South? Share your experiences!