“Welll..” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Cedar Point South

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Cedar Point South to your Saves list
Quality Inn Cedar Point South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11020 Milan Road, I-80/90 & 250N, Milan, OH 44846 (Formerly Comfort Inn Cedar Point South)   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Milan
“Welll..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

First, let me state that we stayed here last year around the same time while visiting the area and we had no problems besides the staff not being very friendly. We were in the main hotel last year so that may have been why it was better. This year we were in the back building that is detached from the main one. We came in and the room was fine, definitely a little out dated, but we figured it would do for the night. I sat on the bed and looked around and noticed there were white stains on the top bedspread, the blue one. It didn't take long to realize what those stains were and I was disgusted. I threw it off and figuredit was just something they missed. Then I noticed hair on the next white blanket, and not just hair it was definitely pubic hair which was absolutely gross. I was grateful that the sheets looked clean and I had brought my own blanket for the trip. I had no other problems until I went to go grab some ice and noticed that there was mold on the ice bucket! Also my husband mentioned when he checked in and out the lady at the front desk was not polite at all, no thank you, nothing. This will be the last time we stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to relate your recent experience at our hotel. I'm an extremely disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered but your letting us know will help us to strive (as we always do) for continuous improvement. I hope that you'll treat this as an isolated incident and give us another chance to prove our committment to quality and customer service should your travels bring you to our area again. Again, my sincere apologies!

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Had a horrible experience at another hotel across the street which was unsanitary, cigarette smoke in a non smoking building with doors proped open with loud music. Left to come to Quality Inn and the service was expeditious, courteous with quality rooms and reasonable price. I recommend hotel too any one who wants great service. Ask for Jen she will take good care of you!

• Stayed August 2012
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at that our staff was customer-focused and met your needs. We hope to welcome you back again during your next visit to our area!
Viennna, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We waited over half an hour to check in- we actually considered leaving, unfortunately, the reservation could not be cancelled. Room was FREEZING when we came in. There were also humidity issues. I had sinus issues after staying the night.There was a jacuzzi in the room,but you had to call the front desk to fill it. I actually can't say if there was a fitness center or restaurant. Breakfast was really good, but they hide the best part of breakfast in the back of the cafe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay at our hotel. As you can imagine, with the recent heat wave that our area has experienced, we try very hard to pre-cool all of our guest rooms for the comfort of our guests. I'm sorry that the temperature may not have been to your liking. Generally, you don't have to call the front desk to fill or operate a jacuzzi, although the master switch for each jacuzzi IS at the front desk. Perhaps the switch didn't get turned on timely when you checked-in. At any rate, thank you for your comments--they help us know where we're doing well and where we need to make improvements.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked this hotel based on availability in Sandusky and was skeptical after reading reviews.
Upon arrival the lobby was nicely decorated...and that's where it ended. Front desk was not exactly what i would call pleasant to other guests(i had no issues personally). When we were going to our room, our first impression from the hallways was NOT a good one. The carpets were gross, the halls are dingy. Although we wanted a non-smoking room, one was not available(which is understandable) we found a non smoking sticker on the door and walked into a stinky room. It was dated and I did NOT feel comfortable with taking my shoes off as the carpet was sticky, musty and all very dated. We will NOT return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that you must not have seen the entirety of the property as we are actively working on replacing carpet and brightening the hallways. As you can imagine, operating an older property, along with several other properties, priorities be chosen and as time presents itself, we will continue to make consistent upgrades. We hope that you'll decide to try us again in the future so that you can witness, first-hand, our committment to improvement and quality customer service.
Huntsville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The internet pictures do NOT represent this hotel. The internet pictures are much nicer. The outside was not at all well kept, needed mowed not clean around hotel. Pools needed cleaned in and around pool. No towels available in pool area. Not enough lighting at night in parking lot, I did not feel safe. Hallway to room was dirty, and the wallpaper is coming off the walls. Ice machine was out of ice, had to go to different ones. Mice dropping on the bed springs, which if I would have known I would have asked for my money back and left. Please have the maids sweep this area. The Staff was helpful and kind, and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Cedar Point South, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the breakfast. However, I'm saddened by the other issues that you described. Your taking the time to let us know about these issues will help us work with our staff to ensure that future guests (hopefully you again as well) will be pleasantly surprised and that the physical nature of the property will jive with what is seen on the internet. We hope to welcome you back on a future stay!
detroit.mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel friday july 27th i checked in with deb the manager on duty at 10am we drive from the detroit area and i wanted to check in early so after going to cedar pointe i could come back and relax. Now i always check tripadvisor before i book anywhere and this was no exception. I was pleased Deb was able to register me ahead of the 2pm check in the room was nice i paid 94$ out the door i am a choice reward member so i got a great deal at 87$ i was in room 257 I stay in Milan becasue its away from all the hustle and bustle and its till on route 250

Now I stayed in the out building which is not attached to the main building but next door to the outside pool and loooking out my window i saw nothing but trees and grass which was great for me it was so much better than a parking lot view. There is an ice machine on the first floor also a pop machine

THE GOOD:Nice continental breakfast great selection i arrived right before 10am Saturday and Penny was oh so gracious as to allow me and my family to eat and she also brought out more food although it was after 10 so Thank You Penny
2. Nice lobby liked the free newspapers and my room was nice and clean
3. There is a small room with two arcade games in it and a vending machine

The BAD: To management if you are reading this the second bldg adjacent to the outside pool on the second floor the carpet needs to be thoroughly cleaned and the hallways definitely need a fresh coat of paint these things dont cost alot and would do wonders also try buying glade plug ins from the dollar store it will make the hallways smell nice

2. I am an environmental inspector for the state of Michigan and I license swimming pools for the state so with that being said while on my stay there was a man who worked for an outside company who came out to test the outdoor pool chlorine levels arrange the chairs pick up all the trash and debris and that pool looks soooo much cleaner than the indoor pool. hire him to do the indoor as well. Being a manger means you should occassionally walk around your property and view it. Walk into the indoor pool and spa and look at the spa stairs they are absolutely filthy the water is grey and the sides of the spa are downright disgusting you dont believe me go look. the water levels in the pool and spa were to low and the pool needs to be drained scrubbed and refilled yes this costs but reputation is everything. the Outside pool has areas around it that need to be resurfaced if someone trips falls into your pool and drowns you will be liable. If need be call a pool company in your area have them do a thourogh inspection and walkthrough Not knowing is ONe Thing Not Wanting to know is another

3. While at my stay Friday nite approximately 9:50 pm outsdide my room I heard so much noise and chaos i went to investigate and in room 256 across the hall the door was open and approximately 16 children yes 16 were unsupervised in that room jumping hollering etc I asked if they could turn it down and I was asked why I stated I was ready for bed by the time I went back to my room the noise started again this went on several times I phoned the front desk several times and was told this room was with another room and that that hotel tried calling the room several times no answer and they tried to call the cell number of the guests with no answer I spoke then with the parents of these children in room 255 still nothing finally I ask the front desk that if they didnt do anything I would call the police they told me i should that theyve gottern several complaints about this room. During my stay my remote to the tv didnt work and 2 yes 2 women cqme up tried it then exchanged it for a new remote. I say this to say management can send 2 workers up for a remote but noone and i mean noone ever yes ever came up to talk to these children or their parents. As a guest why should i have to phone the police or directly talk to disruptive occupants really thats not my job at all. I got no sleep at all and sat morning it started all over again. Sat morning I went to the front desk spoke with Deb the manager about a late check in wish she gave me instead of noon i checked out at 1pm Deb also refunded 34$ of my stay which i appreciated

All in all the hotel would be ok if you just wanted a good nights sleep the beds were two double not big at all but comfortable and the bedspread was nice dark blue not that ugly floral design
I didnt use the wifi and for the the price it was ok but management should have done somehting about the noise situation but thank u Penny AND Deb P.S. there is no fitness room

Room Tip: If u have kids ask for a room in the main bldg its easier for u and them
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful but am concerned about the other issues that you brought up. Please be aware that we are working on upgrading this property and that the pools are a top priority. Thanks again for the feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Let me give you the pros and cons and you decide
Pros - comfortable beds, pools and hot tub open til midnight, nice breakfast, workers friendly, second room was very spacious, the worker at the breakfast area kept it stocked on Saturday when the crowd was huge Kudoos to her for keeping up with it, very quiet even in the room next to the pool
Cons - saw a waterbug, ants, baby cricket, and some small gnat type bugs in the bathrooms, the first room we stayed in stunk like mildew, the toilet had a mildew ring and what I assume to be a pubic hair on the seat when we arrived ( they did come and clean the entire bathroom immediately when notified), The bathrooms (we stayed in 2 rooms) just looked dirty because of the black in the grout between the tiles. The second day we went to another room and it didn't have any towels upon arrival. They gave them to us when we asked. The fan didn't work in the second bathroom and so humidity was high. Some of the ceiling tiles in the second bathroom were stained orange/brown from what I assume to be a leakage from above (toilet/ tub - who knows) The inside pool and hot tub looked run down and the hot tub had large floaters in it on Saturday night. The last day (Monday - the slowest at the breakfast bar)the breakfast bar was out of just about everything. They would restock but I had to ask for more waffle batter, more water, and even to empty the trash - I felt like a mom telling their kid what needed to be done. That's not a vacation for a mom. To top it off when I went to check out I noticed the bill was $50 overcharge. They corrected it when I pointed it out but it should have been right the first time.

For the price that we paid we expected much better.

Room Tip: Corner room near the pool was larger than most. Room toward the parking look had ants and gnat type...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for relating your recent experiences at our hotel. I am glad to hear about the "pros" that you included in your review, but saddened about the "cons." We are continually working with our housekeeping staff to pay closer attention to detail and in making sure that every guest has an enjoyable experience. Thanks to guests like you, we know where to concentrate our energies. We hope to see you back again soon--and know you will be ultra satisfied with our improvements!

Been to Quality Inn Cedar Point South? Share your experiences!