“truck parking” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Milan
A TripAdvisor Member
“truck parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

great place good staff truck parking wakeup call will come back if in area good food right off 80-90 toll road

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GregKel, General Manager at Super 8 Milan / Sandusky, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are happy to hear that you had a positive stay at the hotel. We try to treat our truck drivers well a large well lite parking lot solely for truck parking and additional discounts. We are just one block from the Ohio Turnpike which is convenient for those passing through. Hope to see you again, Thank You
Greg Kelsey

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let's be real, for $50 bucks don't expect much. Rooms are very dated, old TV, old battered furniture, cheese cloth sheets and blankets. Was happy we brought our own pillows. Theirs were stained & nasty. Hall ways have a heavy smoke odor. Overall marginal. High points were: front desk staff was very helpful & friendly and the breakfast was way better than expected (juice, coffee, milk, toast, donuts, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, danishes)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GregKel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Milan / Sandusky, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I appreciate your review on Trip Advisor. I only see it as a learning tool for ways that we can improve. I would like you to know that I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. My staff and I take pride in giving our guests a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. I received a new shipment of pillows yesterday, so my housekeeping staff will be checking rooms and replacing any unsightly pillows. If I can be of additional assistance to you, please contact me at the hotel at 419-499-4671 and I would be more than happy to discuss your stay further.

Steve
Front Desk Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed here for 1 night. It was a late arrival. Had I arrived earlier, I would have checked out.

My room was spacious and comfortable. A pillowcase was clean, but stained. The carpet could have been more thoroughly vacuumed. The blanket on the bed was pilling and was not thoroughly clean. The bathroom, however, was spotlessly clean.

Intermittent wifi access. Mostly not working ... even in the lobby. Very frustrating. Eh ... this is 2013 and this is a necessity for many travelers. Don't let them tell you it's your computer. It's not.

Continental breakfast fairly sparse, but ok. Not bad. Not great. The breakfast room was kept clean.

At checkout, the woman behind the desk seemed more interested in getting back to her computer. Checkout was slow and not even given a "thank you" for my stay. Look at your receipt before leaving. I was charged a fee for an in room safe which I did not use. The charge was reversed upon request.

This hotel is one among several with easy access to the exit on the Ohio Turnpike. Next time I need a room in the area, I'll try one of these alternatives. I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Growler4,

First off, I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you described above. I want to assure you this is not typical of our hotel or property. We do take pride in serving our guest with good accommodations and friendly staff. We are taking measures to correct the situation and really appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention. Please contact me at 419-499-4671 to further discuss your stay. I am in the office during the day 7am-3pm.

Steve Hudkins
Manager
Super 8 Milan
Constantine, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

For the money this place was very good. For about $55 we got a very clean room with two double beds and continental breakfast that included; juice, yogurt, cereal, fruit, donuts, cinnamon rolls, and a waffle maker. Like I said, for the price this place can't be beat. My only suggestion would be wifi capabilities.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good day SWilson01,

I want to thank you for staying with us here in Milan. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and liked the price! We have currently reconfigured our WiFi so in the last week it has not been an issue, so I am hoping that fixed the problem. I hope to see you again when traveling through the area!

Thanks for staying!

Steve Hudkins
Front Desk Manager

Been to Super 8 Milan / Sandusky? Share your experiences!