“Not so great Mexican” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 84 restaurants in Middletown
West Chester, Ohio
“Not so great Mexican”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visit many Mexican restaurants and this one unfortunately is the worst. The food is so-so at best. One of the dishes I was told to try, a white fish dish which is odd for Mexican food, had no flavor and almost seemed greasy. One thing that IS really good here is their version of a Mexican hanky-panky. Queso con chorizo. It is really good, but you can't make a meal off an appetizer.

56% Recommend
Middletown, Ohio, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

the food was aw-some and the service was great cant wait to go back

Visited May 2012
Middletown, Ohio
“Very bland.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The chips were okay and the beer was cold, so go there for that. The cheese dip was bland, the taco salad was tiny, the tomato was flavorless and everything (sour cream, guacamole, jalepenos, beans) cost extra. My chicken taco salad with added beans was $10. The waitstaff is pleasant. Guess I'm spoiled, where I come from all that side stuff is thrown in as part of the overall meal.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not worthwhile”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

It started out decent enough. I thought the salsa & chips was good, and our appetizer was excellent! The best part of the meal - we got the Queso Sticks. It went downhill from there. Our meals arrived 30 seconds after our appetizer, and I had cheese enchiladas. Very bland, no flavor. I thought the beans and rice were also very mediocre. My husband got a combination with several things and his Chille Rellenos was hard as a rock. He told the waitress and she said she would see if she could get it taken off our bill. She came back and said because he had eaten everything else, she couldn't. We then both got Fried Ice Cream and it was awful. The coating tasted like stale corn flakes. I couldn't even finish eating it. I really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome fresh food !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011 via mobile

I love the food here!! We sit on the patio when the weather is nice! Great cheesedip!! I love the fajitas! !! Sometimes there is a coupon in a local magazine that comes to my house or on the back of the Kroger receipt that's up the street. If I sit inside I like to sit over on the bar side! Its more fun over there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere