“Outstanding value!!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17555 Bagley Road, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130   |
Great Neck, New York
“Outstanding value!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I made this last minute booking due to a snowstorm and didn't have high expectations, but this turned out to be one of the best values I've found. Location was right off the highway but not too noisy, room was clean and friendly check-in staff accommodated my request for a room with fridge and microwave. The decor was a bit ugly but the place was clean and it was a huge relief to be somewhere safe and warm when outside the weather was record-breaking freezing. The bathroom was in good shape and very clean. No breakfast, but coffee in lobby. Wifi worked adequately well and was free. I would definitely come back here anytime I'm in Cleveland!

Room Tip: You have to ask if you want fridge/microwave.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JJ10060, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for your positive review. We have just completed freshing the hotel up with all new mattresses, carpet, drapes, bedding and flat screen TV's.
You will really like our new look, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Because Dayton, OH, where I live, has no Amtrak service, I had to drive my friend up to Cleveland to get the train. Since his train left before 6 a.m. and the drive is about 3 1/2 hours from Dayton, we decided to book an inexpensive hotel for the night before. Based on the positive reviews, I chose this motel, which was about 20 minutes from the train station in downtown Cleveland. We ended up being in the room for just about seven hours total, but during that time everything was fine. The person who checked me in was pleasant and efficient, and the room was clean, which was pretty much all that mattered for that short of a stay. The only noise issue was when someone slammed the stairway door in the hall, which our room was near, in the middle of the night. Other than that, based on my experience, I recommend this as a good budget option for an overnight stay in the Cleveland area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for your positive review. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price to all our guests.

Again, thank you for your positive review, and we look forward to your next visit.
Carrollton, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed here several times before. But we stayed on Dec. 25 and had to leave at 9:30 p.m and drove the two hours home. the bed was hard as a rock, pillows flatter than pancakes, and my husband and i had not been in bed 15 minutes, when we both began coughing and sneezing. Dust mites. The room was not clean, Save your money

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JJ10060, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price. It is very disappointing to learn we did not deliver on our goal. Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that your issue will be addressed. We take pride in our hotel, and do our very best to prevent problems from recurring. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We checked into the Red Roof Inn Middleburg Heights for a night, due to unforeseen and unacceptable circumstances at our original motel. I am happy to say that the Red Roof Inn Middleburg Heights offers excellent customer service and lodging that is far better than many at its price point.

We happened to catch a "super saver special," so our room was very economically priced - enough so to make me think it may turn out to be as bad as the room we left. I'm happy to say I was wrong! We checked into a Superior King Room on the Inn's third floor, which was spotlessly clean and equipped with all the essential amenities (note: if you need a hair dryer, you do have to ask for one), including hot and cold running water (don't laugh...we left our prior lodging primarily because there was no hot water for showers).

The Inn's staff was top-notch in customer service and courtesy, both on the phone and in person.

This Red Roof Inn offers room service on a limited basis (meaning, it's not available 24/7), but we did not place any orders.

We were in the Middleburg Heights area to visit family, and now we know where we'll be staying for future trips. We were very satisfied with the Red Roof Inn Middleburg Heights, and recommend it for travel in the Cleveland Hopkins/Middleburg/Parma area.

Room Tip: Superior King Rooms are spacious; this Red Roof location offers an ADA-compliant King room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JJ10060, Owner at Red Roof Inn Cleveland Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
On behalf of the staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.

PS. Our Superior Kings Rooms now offer blow dryers and irons & boards in the rooms.
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I like to find motels/hotels that have low prices and high reviews. This Red Roof was such a choice. And it lived up to the great reviews. Although an economy hotel it was exceptionally clean and more than met our needs. The staff was friendly and the location great for our trip. If you stay, get directions to Jennifer's for a great breakfast.

Room Tip: They have many rooms that are downstairs with parking front of the door. I liked this and requested...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and the team always enjoy positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my second stay at a Red Roof Inn on a solo road trip. So in comparison to my last stay at the same chain (Red Roof Inn Erie), this place was just fine, not fabulous.

It had more than everything I really needed: wifi, a bed to sleep in, a TV with easy-to-use remote, and a little envelope of shampoo for my morning shower.

The room was economical and clean. The beds seemed a little low, and my sheet had what appeared to be a cigarette burn hole in it. No big deal. I was surprised the room had no coffee maker, and no hair dryer (though I was told at check out that the hair dryer was available at request). No breakfast either, but this place did have room service (read: delivery) available.

The fan on the room's heater was loud as well - even on low. The bathroom was clean but showing a little age. It looked like there was some work done on the tub at some point, as there was a metal panel on the side that was rusting at the edges.

Overall, the room felt a little tired. But so was I, so it all worked out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
On behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you for your review. We always appreciate guests feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Red Roof In in Middleburg Heights is a very clean, comfortable value hotel in a great location. It is the staff that makes it special. Heather, Lisa, Shannon, Rodney and Stacia provide excelent service with a smile at the front desk. The cleaning staff is meticulous and dedicated. This motel is a great value and friendly place to stay. Thanks to them for all their hard work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours can be long and demanding. Good service depends upon people willing to give their best at all times. It is truely rewarding when a guest recognizes staff members by name and takes the time to say thank you.

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland Middleburg Heights? Share your experiences!