“Cheap place to stay - no housekeeping for short term stays” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights

You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17552 Rosbough Blvd., Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cheap place to stay - no housekeeping for short term stays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here on a trip to the Cleveland area when I was apartment hunting.. I got a great deal on priceline for the room and it is comfortable. I had a nonsmoking queen with a pullout sofa bed. The room has a kitchen so for someone staying long term this would be a great place. I stayed 2 nights. I checked in very late and the front desk is only there until 11pm. They place your room keys in a lock box and you need to put a code they instruct you to use to retrieve the keys.. The one disappointment for me was regarding housekeeping service.. Basically you get housekeeping service once a week - and if you want more towels you need to come to the front desk and they will provide you with more towels if you give them your old towels.. For the price, its hard to complain..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
AUSTINBURG, OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at studio plus for the first time in, January 2011 to visit my son who attends college at ,B.W. The lady who took care of me without a reservation was so friendly i felt instantly relaxed and a gentleman whom i assumed was maintence even helped me with my luggage and things to my room. I again stayed in September and had to same friendly service. I own a Hilton timeshare and i must say the accommodations for an overnight or weekend stay this is the place , friendly, clean, close to everything ,pet friendly and most of all close to where my son is. My husband and i are planning to come back in two weeks, i wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thanks for a friendly,comfortable and safe place to stay. Tawny Weaver of, Austinburg , ohio

Room Tip: There are smoking suites available which is rare .
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night after a wedding. When we checked in the AC was not even on in the room ---- on one of the hottest days of the year. We turned on the AC on low, went to reception and returned to a cool room -- with a soaking wet floor. Could not even walk from bed to bathroom due to soaking wet carpet. We were with a group of other family members that also stayed here and no one was very pleased with the accomodations. They did not even get the reservation for the bride and groom correct and bride's parent had to give up their room for them and go to another hotel for the night. Others in the group were overcharged for mulitple days when the stay was only for one night. One room smelled horrily bad and had blood stains on the sheet. If this appeals to you for a really cheap rate -- go for it.

Room Tip: Hotel not recommended
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Walked into the lobby that reeked of of smoke. The hallways were smelly and no vending service that I could find. Other people in our party were charged for days they didn't stay. One guest had blood on the "clean" sheets. Another member of our party had a wet floor from the air conditioning unit that was leaking. Office closes at 11pm and some of our party weren't able to check in their own rooms because of this. On follow up by telephone, the manager was rude to a member of our party about a billing issue of being over charged. I would not recommend this to anyone I know. While our room and check in was uneventful, i felt the need to share the events of others in our party and hope they do the same.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

Cedar Lake, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Although a couple people told me that they enjoyed their stay here, I could not share their opinion. After traveling five hours to get there, I needed a restroom...they do not have a public restroom and refused to let me use their office restroom!
The first thing that hit me was the stench. As soon as you open the door to the hallway you notice a very bad smell. It's true on every floor.
The first room I stayed in was dirty. The furniture was worn and uncomfortable to sit on. The fabric on the sofa was rough and stained. The countertop in the kitchen had a film on it. The staff did take time to show me other rooms. We looked through 6 rooms before I found the most acceptable. However, it still wasn't the best stay for me.
The plumbing in the bathroom did not work properly. Even though I asked the staff to look into it, there was no improvement. The HVAC thermostat on the wall did not work. The HVAC unit itself did not work properly. Once turned on, it would not turn off on it's own. It would have to be turned off manually once the temperature exceeded my comfort level.
The remote to my bedroom t.v. didn't work properly. Even the remote in the gym didn't work properly. The equipment in the gym was not in good condition. The recombant bike timer panel didn't work at all. The seat was very unstable. The treadmill was very noisy.
After a month I got out of there, paid $20 more a night down the street. It was like night and day. I really got my $20 worth and a whole log more!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This Hotel was one of the best hotels that i have stayed at in a long time. Excellent sservice, excellent location, our room had a full bathroom and kitchenette complete with Microwave,Dishwasher, coffemaker etc. Great location. right outside cleveland and around many places to eat. we asked for a blanket and we got it in about 3 minuites, at about 12:00 AM !!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
POWMIA23 – Thanks very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with great rooms at great rates, along with friendly service. So, we are always pleased to receive confirmation that we’ve done just that. We’d be thrilled to have you again when your future travels bring you back to the Cleveland area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Middleburg Heights? Share your experiences!