“Nicely updated hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nicely updated hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed for one night. Upgraded due to our priority club status. Room had a balcony, looked over parking lot. Balcony needed cleaned up. Room was pretty and bathroom was tiny. Room seemed clean but there was hair behind the bathroom door. EWW. Lobby was pretty and bar was really cute. Looked like a wine cellar! Met Irish Rose there. Fab bartender!! Sweet and attentive! Amiee who was with her was also very nice!! We hung out in the lobby after dinner and met some nice people. There was a large church meeting and boy, everyone was dressed beautifully!!! I had breakfast and the food was good. The cut watermellon was to die for!! Hostess for breakfast was nice and my server was sweet! One area I found lacking big time was the outside. Only place to sit was benches where the smokers sit. I dont smoke so sitting by an ashtray is yuck to me! The area outside of the pool needs a complete re vamp. All the furniture was broken and beat up looking. I would put lounge chairs on the top level and some cute round tables w pretty umbrellas on the lower level. This would offer guests a nice outside area. There were speakers but no music was playing. Hopefully this is in the plans to re do ASAP!~!Overall, I would come back. Staff seemed very nice! The outside areas all need a bit of a spruce up,

Room Tip: It you like to be outside try for a balcony room. Not the best view(parking lot) but you can be outs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bloomfield, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed June 2012. So glad we booked when we did, someone came in without a reservation and they were full. Pleasant staff all around, clean, comfortable room. Went close by to get breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Safe, efficient airport shuttle. Would have no problem staying here again. Got a discount through the company I work with. Everyone in the room was happy with accomodations.

Room Tip: Had elevator, so higher floors are ok
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

It has been a long time since I stayed somewhere this bad. Let's start with the positive; somewhat comfortable bed and pillows. That is all. Oh, and the front desk staff were friendly.
Sheets are very cheap and feel slightly better than sandpaper. The Internet is very annoying. Every time you leave the service area you have to put the code back in. It looks like the bathrooms have been updated but mine smelled like someone had urinated a gallon and it was left for a month in no a.c. This smell also wafts into the room. Disgusting. The room floor feels like someone left a bunch of balls under the carpet. The hallways are very hot. Elevators are old and want to crush you if you don't enter in less than 2 seconds. Wallpaper falling off of walls.
I have to go now because I can't take the stench any more. If I have a choice, I will never stay at a Crowne Plaza again

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Scott G,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. I appreciate your positive feedback on our friendly staff and comfortable bed and pillows. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel fell below your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and you can be confident they will take necessary steps to improve our guests experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Cleveland for work and ended up having to stay an extra day as my flight was delayed several times and I would not be able to meet my connecting flight. I actually ended up staying at the Crown Plaza in Middelburg Heights, Ohio.

I went to the restaurant to grab something to eat and since I was traveling alone, I sat at the bar. I was so impressed by the bartender, her name was Irish. She was such a breath of fresh air from just having a some what bad day. She made my experince at the motel for the evening so much better. She was so engaged with all of her customer and it was like a big familly. I would stay at this motel again just to see Irish's friendly face and get the best service I have had in years!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Van Wert, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked a room with a king size bed for a one-night stay. Room was clean, bed was great and the decor was definately well thought out. For the amenities, which wasn't much, it had a decent coffee maker and a nice tv.... I liked the ease of the clicker (which states was a clean remote) when searching stations. Bathroom was good size, clean and they supplied the usual soap and shampoo (shampoo/conditioner and soap) was first class! It was a hot and humid day and the A/C was pumping pretty decent.The staff was attentive, the hotel inside and outside was clean, well lighted and felt safe outside. Though the hotel was filled, you really didn't hear anyone in your room. You can be downtown in about 10-15 minutes where everything is at. We hit the Westside Market, Rock in Roll Hall of Fame and the Casino.That's the good.

I did have a few complaints. I'm 6'2" and the bottom of the shower head came up to the top of my shoulder......If I was a child it would of been great. NO fridge or microwave in room....so if you bring home leftovers from downtown or want to chill your own wine or beer, forget it! We stopped in the hotel bar around 1045 for a few drinks and told it was last call with people at the bar and just walking in. For the price of the room, a cont. breakfast should of been included. We skipped the $12.00 a plate of eggs/toast/bacon and hit Perkins a short drive away saved some $$$.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After a horrible flight and missing our connecting flight United Airlines put us up in this hotel for the night without our luggage. We arrived exhausted with nothing but the clothes on our backs but were so well taken care of at this hotel they turned a bad experience into a great one. They picked us up at the airport, had our room ready, provided essentials and when I asked if they had contact lens solution and a contact case Mike actually went to a store and purchased it for my daughter. To top it off, upon delivering it to our room, he refused any payment for the items he purchased and refused to accept a tip. The Italian restaurant in the hotel was fabulous and our server was warm and friendly. The hotel room was nice, clean and up to date. If we are ever in Cleveland again we would stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

It's difficult to saying anything extravagant about the hotel, but the fact that it met our expectations is good enough. It was a standard hotel which was clean, friendly, and convenient. The decor was "fresh", not deteriorated. The shower was excellent.

I gave it a "very good" rating not because there was anything bad, only because it wasn't a special hotel to get excited about. It was fine though. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on street side and it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!