“Crown plaza cleveland” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
“Crown plaza cleveland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The room was clean; nothing spectacular stayed 2 nights. Showers were adjustable and shower curtains were changed daily. Floor boards were vacuumed and dusted. No refrigerators in rooms. Beds not as comfortable as expected. Exercise room down stairs in a secluded area. food was good but over priced

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mac5656,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding room and bathroom cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bed and room amenities. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have to say, the hotel itself is very decent and the staff was very helpful. I found the hotel to be clean and the restaurant and bar downstairs very nice. My only complaint is the heater/ac. It is probably the loudest one I have ever heard in all my stays. The room temperature is very unbalanced. I normally never turn on the heater but in Feb in Cleveland the draft would hit the windows making it super cold in the room. The problem is when you are going to sleep when it kicks on you will jump up. So I hate to complain about the hotel because the staff and place are very nice but the one thing you go to a hotel for is to sleep and that is not guaranteed here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear travelsinger97,

Thank you for leaving feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased you found our staff to be helpful and the restaurant service lived up to expectations. However, I regret the condition of the air conditioning and heater systems that impacted your stay. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I hope the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Pam G
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and the restaurant was closed for a private party, even the bar was closed so you could not even get food there. It was a rainy night, closest food was maybe 15 minute walk plus, but they would not take me there in the hotel van. The front desk staff is absolutely unprofessional, I've encountered that now on 2 previous stays. The restaurant (when it is open) is actually very good. Public areas are very dated and worn, need refurbishing. To me it appears this hotel management simply does not care. There are many better options close to the Cleveland Airport, and many that are more professional and reliable than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear AirlineGuyNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. However, I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations specifically with the unavailability of our restaurant, level of service from our staff and condition of the property. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

We will definitely utilize your comments to improve our services for future guest. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Shakopee, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Crowne Plaza at Middleburg has now become our mid-way, dependable, always have a smile, stop point. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Service outstanding. Always helpful. Beds - always comfortable. The only reason I gave it a 4 this time instead of a 5 was due to the heater noise. However, after 11.5 hours in the car, this was a minor distraction.
I like the dependability of the Crowne. It's the first hotel I look for when traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Avondale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm a flight attendant for a major airline. I know the company pays for our rooms but the front desk could at least be polite. Stayed on 27th Dec 2012. I know from working in the customer service industry you always greet & pay attention to your guest. You don't act like your put out when you see us & talk down to us.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GREEN COVE SPRINGS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at a crowne plaza, nothing impressive would probably compare it to a low budget hotel like a best western. You could definitely tell it was an older hotel, definitely a little rough around the edges. The staff was unimpressive, not friendly I would even go add far as saying they acted like snobs. We had a double room with 3 adults and a child and they only gave us 2 towels, we stayed a total of three days and everyday we had to ask them to bring us more towels. Which I thought was pretty stupid if top pick up 4 dirty towels leave 4 clean ones.

Overall unimpressed and will probably not stay at another Crowne Plaza in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear BECKY H,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry our hotel fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured that these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Celina, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked and paid for two rooms at the Crown Plaza Cleveland Airport through Expedia. Upon check-in, the clerk asked for a credit card (nothing unusual, since most hotels do so to cover additional expenses or damages), but the clerk then quoted me the price for the two rooms. I explained to her that I had booked and paid for the rooms online already, which she checked on and agreed that I was right. After the trip, I found that I had been charged both by Expedia and then by the hotel! Expedia contacted them and the manager promised a refund...but none ever came. I'm still in the process of disputing the charges with my credit card company.

Beyond that, while staying at the hotel, we asked the desk clerk if the hotel shuttle was available to take us to a local attraction. This is a normal service for pretty much any hotel with a shuttle service available, but we were told that the shuttle was only to go back and forth from the airport. When I then asked that the clerk call us a cab, she acted if we were inconveniencing her. At least she actually called...

The room itself was unimpressive. The bathroom in particular was in need of an update, with water stained wood around the sink and what appeared to be spots of mold on the black marble around the tub. The two rooms, which were booked at the same time and were supposed to be of the same quality, didn't even have the same contents, with one having a fridge and the other without one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!