“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Currently in town visiting family and was recommended to this property by a family member. While the hotel is currently under inside renovation the staff went above & beyond to take care of me.

From the "bistro" staff to the front desk to the housekeepers. Checkin was a breeze. Was not in a currently renovated room but it was clean and comfortable. My weekend rate was very reasonable as well.

Pool was nice and refreshing. They did have a hot tub and workout room but I didn't partake in those amenities.

My rate did come with breakfast but, the prices on the menu were reasonable so I wasn't disappointed in no "free breakfast". Some hotels I have stayed at in the past that have had free breakfast wasn't worth it because you see it in your room rate. I'd rather order something I want instead of having to pick between a stale bagel and a bruised apple.

All in all will definitely return to this property next time I am in town. I can't wait to see the finished product since the work they have already completed looks very nice.

Room Tip: For a great view ask for the courtyard side
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kim K, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Airport/South, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Cleveland Airport South! We are pleased to have you as our guest and hope to continue to exceed your expectations on all your future dates! We are due to complete our renovation process at the end of February come experience a new stay!

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My grandson started college at Baldwin Wallace University here in Ohio this past August 2013. My first visit told me this was a very nice hotel, mainly because of the employees that work here. Over the year of 2013, from my first visit prior to my grandson enrolling at BW, when he was auditioning in the spring, I could not want more friendly and upbeat employees. From the busiest of days to some of the slowest days, there is always a smile and a welcoming that focused on my complete satisfaction. This is now the end of January, 2014, and I have had about 9 stays here in Middleburg Heights on Bagley Road. On one occassion, I told the front desk that there was a very annoying air freshener smell in my room and I asked for a different room (which after you check in and unload your baggage, etc. is something no one wants to do); they offered to ozenate the room for me which I accepted and was very impressed with the freshness of the same room. I was very pleased and did not know of any hotel that would offer that for a guest. I know about ozenation (although I don't know about spelling it) and I know its capabilities in cleaning the air in any environment) so I was thus pleased. When I had checked in sometime in October or November, I was told they were in the process of remodeling the rooms. I have to admit there was one room that I wondered what had transpired because the door must have been thrust against the wall and there was a hole in the wall (which I stuffed a tissure in to). I have always found my rooms to be clean and the very white sheets and coverlett that are on the bed are very impressive and totally awesome in my view. No dark coverlett where you can't see if or when it was cleaned. As I was asking the assistance of one of the maids in another room one day, I noticed how they take the shower curtain off when they are cleaning the bathroom, which I also found impressive (they may even put up clean shower curtains - I never asked); this made me confident that although the room may have been an older environment, it was cleaned quite well by the maidservice and up to my standards. On other occassions of my visit, although they were remodeling, I never found any inconvenience or annoyance with regard to noice, etc. On my latest trip, today, January 31, 2014, I was introduced to one of the remodeled rooms. It is AWESOME, from the carpeting to the new furniture ( very nice half round sofa with a side table that slides in), wallpaper, desk, lighting, etc. made me a very happy camper. I even took my shoes off at the door so that I could help in maintaining this wonderful environment that is away from home. I have read some of the reviews and all I can say is "they remodeled the rooms, unless you go into an entirely new built hotel, the shower is quite costly to remodel and I don't find it annoying at all; it's clean and sufficient in taking a shower." As for any comments about this Marriott not being of quality, I would have to say, if they had addressed this issue with the staff, they may have been moved into a better room. I must say, as time goes by, most hotels need remodeling. I am sorry to hear their negative response to this hotel, and I may have said the same if it had happened to me, but, once again I would ask if they told the front desk about their displeasure. The service I have seen here has been very accommodating to me. As for the Bistro, I also have been there when it was very busy and one girl was doing her best (with a smile I might add) to accommodate the customers, however, as in any business, employees call in sick, etc. This may have or not have been a result of the Marriott upper management. Since they have remodeled this Marriott Courtyard in Middleburg, Ohio, it has gone from being my favorite Hotel to being my most favorite hotel. As for the Bistro personnel, they are awesome as well and the food is great, from the hummas to the flatbread pizza and the breakfast selection. That's my input. I must say, if you come visit and they have not completely remodeled when you get here, make sure you let the front desk now of your annoyance with the hotel. They will try their best to accommodate you. I have no facebook account to show my friends and relatives, however, I have let everyone I know, to stay here and enjoy!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. We are very pleased to know that we exceed your expectations each time that you stay with us. We hope to continue to deliver the level of customer service one would expect from a Marriott property. We are happy to have you as our guest and hope to be your choice in Cleveland hotels even after your grandson graduates from Baldwin Wallace University!
columbus, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was given a new updated room. The room was odd. The pros, the furniture was very cool and contemporary. The bed was comfy. The usb plugs were very fast and there were ample plugs for my gadgets. The cons, the bathroom was newly wallpapered but the shower was old. The phones, fridge and alarm clock were very old. The deadbolt did not fit in the door jam. There seemed to be a lot of useless space. Probably the biggest fault of this room is the tv. I was only in the hotel for 2 days and only turned the tv on once to watch a college basketball game. The problem is that I needed to work on my laptop during the game and the tv is right above the desk. It's virtually impossible to keep an eye on the tv while we work. I have it 3 stars based on the friendliness of the staff, the location is great, wifi is good, comfy bed and plugs for outlets. Thanks

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us we appreciate your feedback. We are currently still under renovation and even though you received one of our newly remodeled rooms some of the accessories in the room are on back order and are due to arrive shortly. We urge you to come back when the renovation process is complete and experience a new stay. If you have any questions please contact the hotel directly at 440-243-8785.
Lake Placid, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We arrived on a 12/24/13 using a marriott rewards certificate. The entry way and " bistro" area as marriott calls their food area were clean and bright and had a very nice appearance. I am a silver rewards member and I have never stayed in any marriott of this poor quality. Our room was 103 although the phone in our room said 106 with a pen crossing off the 106 and a 103 written next to it. The bathroom-the towels smelled musty, the shower handle was brocken so we had to rig it in order for the warm water to stay warm and not too hot, the tub drain was rusted, the toilet paper dispenser was cut into the wall something you may see at older Howard Johnson hotels which would have been fine if there was not a 1/4 inch gap in the wall exposing the insulation and folded wall paper. The pool deck was dirty and the water smelled dirty like sulpher there were no clean towels a few green ones on chairs and two white ones on the rack used.
On christmas morning we went to the food area "bistro" to find one young lady very busy doing a great job and 2 other staff an older woman with glasses and the young getleman who checked us in the night before, at front desk just talking and watching the busy young lady working very hard! This property is a disgrace to the MARRIOTT Chain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim K, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Airport/South, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. There is some very exciting news happening at the Courtyard that I would like to share with you! We are now undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation resulting in brand new guest rooms due to be complete at the end of February. We urge to come back and visit us again and experience a whole new stay. Please contact our general manager, Bryan Shepherd if you have any questions. We hope to have you as our guest again.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Employees were top-notch. From the moment we walked in to when we left they were very welcoming. However I can never understand, other than the profit motive, why so many hotels spend so much money on lobbies and remodeling of them as opposed to doing the basics correct.

No shampoo in the shampoo container (thanks for leaving the used one there), and some of the pillows weren't just not clean, they had makeup on them. And hair.

And the WiFi: poor reception, slow, and more like dial-up back in the day.

Work on the basics and get raving fans from that, and the rest of the income will come. Don't think I'd go back to the property.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness and the supplies before it gets too late and you just can't deal with it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Limerick, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a pretty loyal Marriott fan, and often stay at the Courtyard brand when traveling for business. This hotel does what Courtyard does well - comfortable and inviting lobby, decent small convenience store and very polite and nice employees.
However, this hotel suffered from two issues - both PCs in the business center were out of order and the bed was very uncomfortable. It may simply need a refresh, i.e. new mattress, but sleep was a challenge. This surprised me as Courtyard normally provides a comfortable night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teba, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and the customer I was visiting, what nice surprise, the initial greeting when I arrived, tired and jet lagged it was very welcome. It was good to be able to get a cold beer even though it was quite late. Room was pleasant with a nice balcony although the view was not that inspiring! But that's not the hotels fault!!
The young ladies serving breakfast were very nice and after only a couple of days had my coffee and fruit cup order ready without asking!
Bar was fine and not a bad place for a pre-bed nightcap

Already looking forward to returning

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kim K, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Airport/South, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Airport/South? Share your experiences!