me and my boyfriend arrived at the hotel around 3 pm we got nice service at the desk, parking was close to the room, the room was nice, the pool was beautiful, there was a hot tub. i would have to say my first impression was a good one...... but then it all went down hill from there
the reason for my stay at this hotel was for a wedding. we had a shuttle reserved to take us to and from the reception. we got there fine but coming back from the reception was a nightmare. one shuttle came and picked up a SMALL group of people and was supposed to be coming back for the rest of the party. we didnt see that shuttle again for an hour and a half we was waiting outside in the cold. o i didnt mention the BRIDE was one of the people left there... how in the world did you forget to pick up the BRIDE. When we finally got to the hotel we was supposed to have a meeting room for the wedding party, that was an empty promise so their were drunk people just walking aroud the hotel. So knowing that you can tell theres about to be a problem. there were 2 wedding parties that day so i dont know how it started but a fight broke out people had to go to the hospital because they were hit with bottles. blood was everywhere, security was nowhere. they had to call the police. Thats not even where my story ends. Me and my boyfriend tried to avoid the drama so we went to our room and went to sleep. At 5 am we were startled out of our sleep by the fire alarm, and my boyfiend having served our country 3 times woke up thought we was under attack and started looking for his gun. We had to leave our room and be stuck out in the cold for the second time by this hotel. Then we go to the lobby to complain and the lobby is under water. WTF. I thought to myself they must be having a rough day im not going to say anything right now because they have bigger issues to worry about, like the water raining down on us from the inside of the hotel.
a few hours later i ask to speak with the manager about our stay, although he was very polite it was a complete waist of time. he put all the blame on the wedding party. let me share his words with you..
1.the reason you were left out in the cold is because one of the members in your party threw up on the shuttle.
2.the reason the fight broke out is because i was told one of the members in your party started the confrontation
3.the fire alarm worked as it should the person who set it of in thier room is being brought up on felony charges. we cant do anything for you because were looking at $50,000 worth of damages.
4. if you want something off your stay call the 1800 number
so with that being said i have a response to you mr. manager
1. if you do not know how to handle wedding parties stop booking blocks for them. when you have a wedding you have drunk people it would be a good idea to have security so their arent any problems and learn how to deal with these situations when they come up. you should have been prepared.
2. If someone threw up on the shuttle. You have 3 more, that ive seen, send another one. again should have been ready i know this cant be the first wedding you've blocked rooms and a shuttle for.
3. someone being charged with a felony because they smoked in their room are you freaking kidding me. Dont you think thats a bit harsh. the most someone expects when they smoke in a room is a fine for the smell or something not $50,000 because the lobby was turned into a swimming pool. how does that even happen... you smoke in your room it dont rain in the room just in the lobby???? what???
Please get it together people. i am going to call the 1800 number. im also going to tell this story to anyone who will listen. you should never i mean never let a guest leave unhappy. before computers one average person can share thier story with 10people now we can share our story with about an average of 1000 people, and im going to tell everyone of them never NEVER stay at this hotel. And show them the pictures of this horrific night o yea there are plenty
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Airport/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Cleveland Airport/South Hotel Middleburg Heights
- Courtyard Middleburg Heights
- Middleburg Heights Marriott
- Middleburg Heights Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Cleveland Airport/South Middleburg Heights, Ohio