“Great place to crash” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
“Great place to crash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We missed our flight at CLE and found this hotel at a great price. Its a cottage setting and tucked in a quiet neighborhood. The rooms were spacious, very clean and the staff was friendly as well. Their breakfast place was very nice and had lots of variety as well. Had a very good experience there.

• Stayed September 2012
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am so happy to hear you discovered our Airport hotel while you were in Cleveland overnight unexpectedly. We certainly thrive on creating a warm and inviting place for those travelers away from home. We hope to see you back again should you return to the area. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newark, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This Residence Inn property is like an apartment complex, several different buildings which was pretty neat. Our room was nice, kind of dated in areas but was nice. The bed wasnt like your typical Marriott bed, but I must say I slept well. Very little noise until someones dog was outside barking very early in the morning. The check in was ok, not the usual Marriot check in experiance but ok. The desk clerk on check out was very friendly and professional. I really dont have anything bad or horrible to say nor do I have anything that I thought was outstanding to say. We were only in the room for a short time, and we slept well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my property. I will certainly share your feedback with my team as we strive to really create an experience like no other at this property. We want our guests to feel like they are at home while they are visiting the area. We do have a unique apartment style look which is what sets us apart from other hotels in this market. I am truly sorry about the early morning disruption from one of our guests pets. I am happy to hear that you slept well otherwise and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels return you to the Cleveland area. We certainly appreciate your business.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I held a meeting at this location for my small business. We read prior reviews that indicated we should ask for the newer building "west wing". The rooms were very good there. The service was outstanding. The meeting room was incredibly reasonable - 1/3rd of what others wanted to charge - and it was perfect for a dozen people. The staff were easy to work with and extraordinarily accommodating. For the money, you just can't beat it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am happy to hear your meeting went well and that you enjoyed the rooms in our West Wing Building. My team prides themselves on service so I am happy to hear we met your expectations. We feel we offer a great value with tremendous service so we hope that should you need meeting space in the future you will come back and see us again. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate it.
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was very pleasently surprised by this hotel. Stayed in the back building and the room was roomy, updated and very comfortable. Great nights sleep but had to turn off the ice maker or the noise kept me awake. Very very pleasant staff and brought me a new hair dryer in minutes...all staff especially the front desk were wonderful, kind and very helpful.

Room Tip: Close to airport....Ask front desk for dinner locations. Also review the magazine in the room for re...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at my property although I feel awful that you had to turn the ice maker off to elimintae the noise in your suite. We know how important it is to get a good nights sleep so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate the comments regarding my staff. I am blessed with great people and that is what we thrive ourselves on as we want to provide you the best experience possible. We look forward to having you back should your travels return you to the Cleveland area.
Solebury, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is an old property (that has had some updates), but is showing it's age. Our family of 5 was in a "penthouse suite" which required us to carry luggage, etc up a flight of stairs to our room. No elevator. The room set up is a little awkward with one bedroom and bath down stairs and a loft up stairs (open to lower level) with bed and bath. There is a small kitchen, again quite a bit out-of-date. If you have grown accustomed to the new Residence Inn set up you are likely going to be dissapointed with this place. In it's day it was an innovative concept with apartment-like approach to longer-term stays. Today, it just does not hold up compared to other options which are more family friendly.

We found the staff friendly and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while you were in the Cleveland area. We are one of the original Marriott Residence Inn's and absolutely offer a unique set up with the apartment style layout of our buildings. In addition, we have added on to this property a 3 story indoor corridor in the back of the property with 54 King suites. Compared to the new style of Residence Inn we definitely are different but still like to offer the same comfort and amazing staff you should expect when traveling to any Marriott. Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I truly appreciate it.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel several times over the past several years. They have rooms & prices that fit our family and has become our preferred hotel when staying in the area. Everyone has treated us kindly and with respect and they all have very helpful attitudes. This includes everyone from the Front Desk Clerks, Housekeeping, Maintenance, and up to the General Manager.
Our most recent stay included a couple of special requests that were handled quickly & happily.
You can really tell about a hotel's customer service when you run into something out of the ordinary. After a week of heavy rains, the first in a long time of drought, the pool turned a little green over the weekend. First thing Monday morning the General Manager, Colleen, approached individual breakfast tables during the yummy breakfast bar. She apologized to everyone for what had happened to the pool over the weekend and offered everyone passes to a local rec center while the pool condition was being corrected. This speaks volumes for the customer service at this particular hotel. The Manager's can-do attitude filters down to the employees and makes this hotel a class-act.
We will continue to make this hotel our preferred choice when visiting family/friends takes us back many times in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at my property last month. I felt awful about the pool being closed and the least I could do was offer an alternate option for our guests. The guests who made use of our local recreation center loved it as it had an indoor pool with a slide and a lazy river which the kids enjoyed as well as an outdoor pool. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future. By the way our pool is open again and looks wonderful so thank you again for your understanding under such circumstances.
Dixon, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We've stayed at this Residence Inn several times now because of the friendly staff, good breakfast & evening manager's reception and comfortable rooms. We generally prefer the older units to the newer ones because their HVAC units and refrigerators are quieter. Our first floor room was very close to the Gate House (a plus) but there happened to be several somewhat noisy air conditioning units on the other side of our bedroom wall ( a minus). On our next stay we'll make sure to ask for a quieter location. We appreciate being able to talk with the General Manager, Colleen as we were checking out. We are delighted that she is responding to Trip Advisor reviews as we suggested. She and her entire staff really care about their guests. We have noticed that with the smaller sized microwaves, it's almost impossible not to burn popcorn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
maddy0429, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me on your way out of the hotel. I truly appreciated getting your feedback as the guest. We will certainly work to get you a quieter suite on your next visit as we certainly understand how important it is to get a good night's sleep while you are away from home. Please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will personally secure a suite for you. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cleveland. Enjoy the rest of the Summer if I do not see you before then. Sincerely, Colleen Davis, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!