“Sports road trip continues...” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17525 Rosbough Drive, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
“Sports road trip continues...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

While traveling to an Indians game, I stayed at this lovely hotel. Staff was extremely friendly, check in was a breeze. Nice location, ample parking.
The 2 bedroom was clean & spacious. The pool was well kept. This is what I've come to except while staying at a Residence Inn..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our room was clean and large, with 2 queen sized beds and a sofa bed. The breakfast buffet was good, and if we are ever in the area again we wouldn't hestiate to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The room was clean, the staff was very helpful when we ask for directions, breakfast and lunch buffet was good.

• Stayed December 2011
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We've stayed in residence inn's many times, so we know the range of quality to expect. This was an older property and I was even told when I checked in that it was 29 years old. The rooms were more of a condo style accomodations. Although I was also offered the more traditional style in building near the rear of the property, we chose the condo style because it offered a fireplace and king bed. Our room was clean for the most part. There were a few lights that didn't work, and the mattresses definitely need updated. The bathroom/shower/toilet area was very cramped and we were barely able to open the door without hitting the toilet. We popped some of the popcorn that was provided in the room, but were unable to find a large bowl to put it in (as we normally find in residence inn kitchens). As always, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet in the main lobby. It had a few items that we normally don't encounter, such as fountain drinks and breakfast sandwiches, so we were delightfully surprised. We would probably stay here again if needed, because of it's proximity to where we were visiting and the reasonable price. But I will be looking into other hotels in the area first. I personally just enjoy a newer hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Covington, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn. When I travel I look for these qualities in a hotel: free parking, free wireless internet, free breakfast, good reviews, and proximity to the places I want to visit. The Residence Inn in Middleburg Heights had 4 of these 5 qualities. There's ample free parking. The breakfast has many options to select from, is fresh, and there's plenty of seating. The wireless internet was good, if not super speedy. Reviews are generally good. But it's about a 20 minute drive into Cleveland. On New Years weekend traffic was fairly light but I don't think I'd like driving into the city during the week. But there are many other reasons for staying here. There's lots of room to spread out in. We had a room with 2 queen beds, a sofa (converts to a bed) and an easy chair in front of a gas fireplace, a full kitchen with a table large enough for 2 people with laptops to both work at and still have space. Our building was one of several condo-like buildings arrayed out from the main office and around a pool and tennis court. (The west wing is a 3-story brick building to the rear and side of the main complex.) The "condo" buildings are all 2-story, with outside entrances. There are 8 units per building (4 on each end). Our neighbors upstairs were heavy-footed but, fortunately, not late at night. We didn't hear any of our other neighbors. If you choose to use the kitchen to prepare meals but don't have time to shop you can leave a list with the front desk and they'll arrange for your items to be brought to your unit. There's a full-sized fridge & stove, a microwave and dishwasher, and the requisite coffee maker. The room had a large flat-screen TV which swiveled to face the couch area or the beds. The dressing area is good sized. The tub and toilet are separate but could use more space. The whole space felt like we were renting someone's condo. In other words, it was homey. I just wish it was closer to downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay once again at this fine hotel. Upon my check in, I initially wanted the same room I had booked some months ago, but it was not available. The gentelman on duty was nice enough to move me to another room, which was even better than the one I was requesting! The staff was more than nice to me. The rate was exceptional and I would have NO problem recomending this hotel to my friends; in fact, I always do. Thanks for another great stay and for the bag of goodies, they came in handy! I love the fireplaces on a cold cleveland night especially since I am residing in Florida, it really was nice on a cold 29 degree night!

Room Tip: West Wing penthouse or 900-914 rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This review is for the ''West Wing' of the property. This property has both the older style buildings and also a hotel like building This review is for the hotel-like building, which is sometimes referred to as the 'west wing'

Reservations went well.
Front desk service was excellent.

The room is showing its age a bit. The side bad lamp switch was erratic. Reported to staff.
There was some black mold under the shower grab bar. Reported to staff,

The room did have a NEW LG system with a good remote. The room has an 'L' shaped couch.

The room has both wired and wireless internet access. Both of which were adequate. However this and many other properties seem to believe 512K down is adaquate, but it is not!

Bed was comfortable and bedding appeared to be newer.

This is NOT a defect/problem, but just note that if your are staying in the "west wing", you have a microwave, but no stove,

Desk area was adequate, but desk was showing its age. Drawer was wobbly.

Very adequate storage and closer.

The 'west wing' does not seem to catch the attention of maintenance. For example, coffee cups in the lobby upon arrival were still there until early afternoon. In addition, it snowed in the evening. Both the lobby and the west wing were shoveled adequately, but the west wing did not get salt as the lobby did!

The Breakfast bar was GREAT. Great for many reasons. The biggest of which was helpful courteous staff, that was visible and always ready to assist! Cold food was COLD. Hot food was HOT! In addition, they are VERY allergen sensitive! They try to keep out many allergens such a nuts! They also do not let food run down!

They lobby also has the new 'market'. Good selection, but you pay for convenience.

All in all, it is a GOOD property that is a little older than some, but I would stay here again, as I have for 10+ years!

Room Tip: Decide if you want in the traditional RI buildings, or in the 'west wing'. Each has pluses a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!