“A Satisfactory Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 Byers Road, I-75 at SR 725, Exit #44, Miamisburg, OH 45432   |
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Miamisburg
Marion, Indiana
“A Satisfactory Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This Red Roof is your basic Red Roof Inn with no added amenities. The property consists of two buildings. While the room was non-smoking, there were no signs stipulating that this was so, and the room had an ashtray in it. Nonetheless, there was no smoke smell. The room and bathroom were both very clean. There was no light bulb in the desk lamp. I reported this when I checked out, and the desk clerk made a note. (This was a Superior King Room.) The refrigerator had a few beverage spills in it but was otherwise adequate. There was plenty of grass for dog walking, and the motel is in a nice area. A Bob Evans Restaurant is within walking distance. The king mattress could have stood replacement as it was very squished down on the side where everyone apparently sleeps. I moved to the middle and found it fine there. All in all, this is a decent place to stay for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chennai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I happened to stay at Red Roof Inn South, Miamisburg, OH in March 2010. I had gone to visit one of our important customers there in Dayton, OH.

The first thing I liked about this was the accessibility to the Hotel. Nearer to the I-75 and all the major shopping malls in Dayton.

The rooms were spacious, clean and neatly maintained.

The staffs were courteous.

The only which I felt was lacking was a restaurant atleast to have a breakfast. Red Roof Inn Management should definitely consider this and implement it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Red Roof Dayton South is a great roadside stop for the night. I walked-in (no reservation) and felt welcomed upon arrival. The property layout includes two buildings and a very small lobby, which includes a small sitting area and coffee machine. The price was very economical ($35 on weekday, before tax, with redicard and AAA discount)

Here's the quick list:
Basic Cable (20-30 channels, includes HBO)
Close Proximity to Restaurants (Bob Evans, Perkins)
Free Wi-FI
No Continental Breakfast
Standard Bedding (middle of the road)
Clean rooms/bathrooms on both stays (I've stayed twice in the last year)
Free Parking

I'd suggest this place for solo travelers (or couples who need a place for the night), pet owners, and economic people.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I booked the hotel at the last minute to return to Dayton for a family issue. Booked through a travel website and paid about $48 per night.

Location: Hotel is located pretty conveniently to the Dayton Mall on the South side of town. Access to I-75 and I-675 are relatively easy. Dayton Mall is one of the big hotel centers in the area so there is lots of competition around, but that means there are lots of places to get food.

Hotel: Its an older hotel. I think the property has been here since I last lived here almost 20 years ago. All rooms have outside access (I believe newer Red Roof Inns have some interior corridors now) There is plenty of parking at the property. No elevators so don't get a 2nd floor room if you have problems with stairs.

Check-in: Reasonably quick. They met all my requests since the hotel wasn't terribly full.

Room: They advertised on the sign out front that rooms have been renovated. Its not a massive renovation to be sure, but it looks like they have new paint, desk chair, counter in the bathroom. So that's all good. TV is ok, decent channel selection, but the sound and picture are not good, so I am guessing that the TV is older and on its last legs. HVAC is ok. The entry keys are a bit funky. Not like cards that you swipe. You have to leave the key in the lock until the light turns green.

Service: I am not a huge fan of charging for internet access especially since the Knights Inn down the road is free. But it seems to be the order of the day with hotels. The hotel uses T-Mobile and you have to buy these prepaid cards. If you book with a travel agency, they can't tack it onto your room bill, they have to do it separately. Kind of a pain. And frankly I found it slow for $10 per day. They honored my request for no cleaning service which was important since I have a lot of belongings spread out and didn't want them disturbed.

Overall, if you are looking for a cheap night, this place fits the bill. I stayed at the Knights Inn up the road previously for the same price and found it to be a disgrace. This is nothing like it. Clean and comfortable. One bad thing is that truck drivers park in the Bob Evans lot next door and leave their engines/life support on all night and it can be noisy. Would like to give a 3* rating but can't since I have to pay extra for internet. But if you need a cheap room that is in good shape, this place fits the bill.

• Liked — Value, location
  • Disliked — Paid internet access, lousy TV, outside noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn Dayton South - I-75 Miamisburg? Share your experiences!